Favorite smell at Walt Disney World

mergatroid

The Candy Cauldron :cool:

I always go in there and take a very deep inhale of it , man it smells so good. I went in the other year and as usual it was very busy. As I inhaled the lady in front of me turned and gave me a dirty look. I then realised that she may have thought I was sniffing her hair like some type of deviant :eek:

I was going to explain to her that it wasn't like that but as she'd turned away I thought best to leave it be and just queued up, bought my box of fudge and got the heck out of dodge.

Dubman

So our favorite smell is in SSE, the burning Rome scene.. I've been looking to recreate the smell at home without a real fire..lol

So we found this candle..

https://www.vat19.com/item/fireplace-scented-jar-candle

It's not exact but its pretty darn close! We have a natural gas fireplace and it adds just the right amount of natural wood smell to the point that guests comment on it, and it takes us to our SSE happy place. :)

Gonegrrl

Without a doubt the smell of Small World, it smells like my grandmothers house used to when I was a kid. I love it but I cry everytime I ride it LOL

disneygeek90

I absolutely LOVE the musty/plastic (?) smell when walking into Dinosaur after the preshow. Don't even really know how to describe the smell, but it is easily my favorite smell in general. I know this is somewhat odd, and I can't put my finger on it as to why, but I do. Another favorite is the smell of the burning library of Alexandria in Spaceship Earth.

TBrooker11

My two favorite are easily the loading area of Dinosaur and the Rome burning scene for Spaceship Earth.

There are many great smells but both of these seem to be the most distinct to me, and I love smelling both of them.

DisneyGigi

The Musty smell of Splash and Pirates mixed with Chlorine.
The Monorail, the smell is not exactly pleasant but it smells like Disney!
The bathrooms at Frontierland, air freshners, has a citrus scent. Never notice it but there and Tommorowland.
Oranges and Pine on Soarin'
Rome on SE
The smell of the soaps and shampoos at the resorts! Every now and then I break one out when I am homesick! :)

MississippiBelle

The Musty smell of Splash and Pirates mixed with Chlorine.
The Monorail, the smell is not exactly pleasant but it smells like Disney!
The bathrooms at Frontierland, air freshners, has a citrus scent. Never notice it but there and Tommorowland.
Oranges and Pine on Soarin'
Rome on SE
The smell of the soaps and shampoos at the resorts! Every now and then I break one out when I am homesick! :)

Totally agree with you on the bathrooms. I've noticed that all of the bathrooms around the park have a certain smell (not a bad smell, it must be the cleaner that is used.) Another very recognizable scent!

astridkh

The water in slash mountain, and star tours. I don't know what the smell is but the que up until loading has a really nice smell to me.

Matt_Black

The water in slash mountain

Don't drink the water in Slash Mountain; I did once, and stared at my hands for several hours.

600full-slash.jpg

montyz81

The smell of the waterfall in the Poly.. sad that it is gone now.... and, the new car smell of Epcot in March 1983 when I first visited (desperately searching for that smell again)

princesscaitlin92

my absolute favorite smell is so weird i feel like lol. i remember it most vividly at the little mermaid show in HS, the fog machine i believe is what does it.

i know its not disney world, but the ET ride at universal studios has a smell i crave as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom