Favorite resturaunt with kids?

duck_daddy

Original Poster
Please list your favorite resturaunts to carry your kids. My kids must be entertained to sit down and eat......we have eaten most of the character dining meals....and will do some of them again. I just need some info!

venooch333

Chef Mickeys is always a winner!!! I wasnt all that young when i went with my parents maybe about 12 i think:confused: But i still thought it was great and the food selection id really good 2 even if your kids are a bit fussy you will be able to find something they will love!!
Hope this helps :wave:

tigsmom

My kids are long past the "need to be entertained during dinner" stage, but we still love the Whispering Canyon Cafe , Chef Mickey's and Cosmic Ray's. They still enjoy the Hoop Dee Do Review and the Liberty Tree Tavern, but now (at 13 & 19) also enjoy the more grown up places like Marrakesh, Le Cellier and a few others.

happymom52003

How old are your kids? If they are preschool age and like Playhouse Disney, the character meal at MGM's Hollywood and Vine is fun. Jo Jo and Goliath and the Little Einsteins are there, and they have sing alongs with alot of the songs from Playhouse Disney shows.

Cinderella1976

I have to agree with the other posts. Chef Mickey's and Whispering Canyon are a lot of fun and entertaining. I also really enjoyed O'hanas (character breakfast with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo & Stitch). My kids were 10, 5, & 3 when we went last year and those resturants were their favorites.

VoiceGuy07

Again, not sure how old your kids are but we've had super luck by taking either activity books or "kids magazines" to dinner. The best dinner was a trip to Citrico's. My four year old son and I had a two and a half hour dinner - wine pairing and all (for me anyway). We had a blast!

We usually pack a small backpack with books, crayons. coloring books, etc. Has always worked for us.

Dwarful

My girls have always loved going to The Biergarten in Germany. They love to get up and dance, and really enjoy it during the holidays. They also enjoy Sci-Fi at MGM/ I agree with many of the above posts as well...Chef Mickeys, Cosmis Rays, Ohana's and Liberty Tree are among their favorites as well. We are trying Garden Grill in August.

ThinkTink721

Please list your favorite resturaunts to carry your kids. My kids must be entertained to sit down and eat......we have eaten most of the character dining meals....and will do some of them again. I just need some info!
The Crystal Palace at MK for b'fast, lunch or dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern at MK for dinner
1900 Park Fare at GF for dinner
Cape May Cafe' at BC for b'fast
'Ohana's Best Friends at Poly for b'fast
Chef Mickey's at CR for b'fast, lunch or dinner
Hoop Dee Doo Revue at FW (dinner show)
Mickey's Backyard BBQ at FW (dinner show)
Donald's Breakfastosaurus at AK for b'fast (open until beginning of Nov. 2007)
Rainforest Cafe' at DTD or AK
Hollywood & Vine for b'fast
The Garden Grill at Epcot for lunch or dinner
Princess Storybook b'fast in Norway at WS
Cinderella's Royal Table for b'fast, lunch or dinner
Beaches & Cream at BC for ice cream
Toy Story Pizza Planet (QS at MGM)
I hope this helps!
:wave:

MinnieMommy

Well, it seems like there is a pattern starting here!! I "polled" our children, ages 10 and 6, and their instant response was a resounding, "Chef Mickey's!!". There is a great variety of food and lots of action!
I agree with others to maybe bring a small bag of things to help "occupy" them at the table. When our kiddies were little, I would get little goodies that they had never seen before. Like a new little notepad/crayons, a mini magnadoodle, maybe a small baggie of dominoes, just little things from our local novelty type/party store! We used these in the car and while eating.
At a more adult dining experience, never underestimate the power of a glowcube in their drink!! :p

duck_daddy

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the help! We have eaten at a good number of the resturaunts listed and really wanted to try something new. Whispering Canyon sounds great! I've eaten at Chef Mickey's before, my wife and kids haven't. However, I am going to make that a surprise breakfast for our surprise trip in December!:wave:

Eyorefan

How do you entertain them when you take them out near your home?

Seriously. I'm all for going to fun restaurants as part of the Disney experience, but why do some people feel like their kids have to be entertained every second of the day?

When we are at home I take my DD out for dinner with grown-ups all the time and she can, and is expected to sit and join in on the conversation or stay busy with the two crayons and kids menu. I know it's not her most favorite thing in the world, but she hasn't died of boredom yet. I just think that there is something to be said for the lesson that not every event has to revolve around you.

LoriMistress

Well, I won't list the character meals since you've done most of them.

I would suggest either Sci Fi Dine Inn, 50's Primetime Cafe, Rainforrest Cafe, Wispering Canyon, etc.

Cara1210

My kids are 6, 4, 2, and 1. They love the Crystal Palace for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Cosmic Ray's for lunch or dinner, Cinderella's Royal table for b, l or d, Chef Mickey's for b or d, O'hana for b or d, Whipering Canyon Cafe for b or d, Rainforest Cafe, Coral Reef, and Toy Story Pizza Planet.

duck_daddy

Original Poster
How do you entertain them when you take them out near your home?

Seriously. I'm all for going to fun restaurants as part of the Disney experience, but why do some people feel like their kids have to be entertained every second of the day?

When we are at home I take my DD out for dinner with grown-ups all the time and she can, and is expected to sit and join in on the conversation or stay busy with the two crayons and kids menu. I know it's not her most favorite thing in the world, but she hasn't died of boredom yet. I just think that there is something to be said for the lesson that not every event has to revolve around you.
If I had wanted a lesson on parenting I would have posted this under general discussion with the title: "How to raise my children?"
Or I might have even posted it under the Smart Comment section! In conclusion: If you have nothing beneficial to add to the conversation, then please don't reply! It was a simple question looking for some simple yet insightful answers. In response to the other posters..... thanks!:wave:

happymom52003

If I had wanted a lesson on parenting I would have posted this under general discussion with the title: "How to raise my children?"
Or I might have even posted it under the Smart Comment section! In conclusion: If you have nothing beneficial to add to the conversation, then please don't reply! It was a simple question looking for some simple yet insightful answers. In response to the other posters..... thanks!:wave:
:ROFLOL: Oh, how I have wanted to say this so many times on these boards! Well said, Duck Daddy.

I agree with you duck daddy! I guess if the worst someone could say is that you let things revolve around your children, you should be happy. I say that is being a good parent. I generally take a busy bag for my children. If I am taking them to a long meal that might not be so fun for them it is not to much to ask to make it as pleasant for them as possible. I like to look at it as making everyone happy. This way the event does not revolve around any one family member (myself included).:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom