Favorite "resting" places in the parks?

ABQ

I went in there for about an hour yesterday. It is still one of my favorite places. When I was 9 or 10, I met Lavar Burton there. He had just released his book "Aftermath" and was doing a signing. One of the GREATEST memories I have in WDW.
I would not have been able to stop from singing the Reading Rainbow theme song with LeVar Burton in a book store.

burton.jpg

mergatroid

Nice thread, having been to Disney so many times we often get great enjoyment from sitting for a spell whilst the craziness goes on around us.

MK - TTA (People mover), outside the exit of Space Mountain just watching the speedway, Frontierland rocking chairs just near the cut through to Adventureland and the rocking chair in the Splash Mountain shop.

EPCOT - Japan, UK, outside Journey watching the jumping fountains and on the wall in front of Ellen usually eating a danish.

AK - Harambe

DHS - bench outside Sweet Spells, anywhere around Echo Lake, on the comfy chairs in The Writer's Stop and on the corner near the Sci-fi Dine in theatre.

KikoKea

I wish there were more benches in the parks. But...
MK: TTA is our favorite. For a sit down spot that's quiet, the Columbia Harbor House or Tomorrowland Terrace.
HS: We treat it as a half day park, so rarely sit down- just ride what we want for 3 hours or so and leave. We rest on the bus.
AK: Flame Tree is great. But, the whole park has lots of nice, shady areas- just few benches.
Epcot: Best is the hallway near Cool Spot or the benches just outside.
WS: UK garden is nice.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
MK: Peoplemover
EPCOT: O' Canada/Reflection of China waiting area
HS: .....eh..
AK: anywhere outside of Dinoland USA is nice.

jensenrick

I almost hate to mention it- in Epcot's China, there are a few benches in the room with the replicas of the terracotta army. The bench on the far wall from the entrance has an electrical outlet hidden behind a small pot. Very few people come into this room, and none stay for long, so it's quiet and peaceful. So I lingered there, charging my phone and reading a book for 45 minutes one night, while waiting for my reservation at Nine Dragons. Really refreshed my tired feet that night.

FigmentPigments

My parents and I always try to score any of the rocking chairs in the Magic Kingdom. Once we watched the new Fantasy parade from the rocking chairs of Town Square Theater. Awesome viewing. I highly recommend it.
Probably the best area for me is toss up in Animal Kingdom. I could probably sit anywhere and be happy. The water seating area at Flame Tree Barbecue gets top marks though. I love sitting there watching the trains go up Everest and see the clothes the washer women left on the steps although I don't know what the view will be like now that Rivers of Light is being installed. I hope they don't take away some of those details. :( But if they do, I will always have the trails by the Tree of Life. They are absolutely gorgeous! If you've never experience it, I urge you to go there, sit and listen. The softness of the background music and how close you get to the tree is enchanting. You feel like you are the only one there with the Tree towering over you. I wish I had the words to accurately describe it. Plus there's a hidden hole in one alcove where you have peer through and get a good look at the ant that carry the seed for the Tree of Life to where it is today. Absolutely the best.
At the Studios, it use to be the Backlot Express directly across from the Star Wars stage. After I would spend my days off at Animal Kingdom, I would close the night with a couple of viewings of the Jedi Training Academy before going to see Fantasmic. I loved the old show because it was funny, and I enjoyed seeing the kids try to wield their lightsabers. I could sit under the umbrellas and go get a refillable soda just a few feet away. Now that the show has lost the funny moments, I don't think I'll be using that spot as much as I did. :(
I'm a little ashamed to say that I don't have a favorite in Epcot, it's usually too windy for me to sit outside anywhere near the lake, and I don't care much for sitting inside because I like to people watch. The quest is on!

MRGEFF

Anyplace with a seat in the shade. it's always nice to take the load off your feet, take in your surroundings and people watch. It's not always about going from ride to ride or all the shows. Sit and just enjoy the WORLD.

Rescue Ranger

My favorite is the Yak and Yeti water feature. So quiet and peaceful. Not many spend time there, especially early in the day. The pink petals falling around you. I spend sometimes hours just relaxing there and have the entire area to myself(and the ducks and squirrels who at times keep me company :))

Fountian.jpg

MY_NAME_STITCH

My favorites by park....

MK - Hall of Presidents great for a 20 minute nap.
TTA - Relaxation at its best.
EPCOT - American Adventure 20 minute nap.
Studios - Watching citizens of Hollywood perform while resting on the park bench.
AK - Flame Tree great food and a shaded area to rest and relax.

danyoung56

I almost hate to mention it- in Epcot's China, there are a few benches in the room with the replicas of the terracotta army.

You wanna hear about stupid? I knew that the room with those figures in it was somewhere in China, and spent many trips looking for it and not finding it. I had been in the main waiting area for the China 360 movie many times, but I guess I just never looked left. I finally saw it there about a year ago, and mentally kicked myself for not ever noticing it before!

Berret

In the Parks
No
It varies by park, of course:
Magic Kingdom - TTA Peoplemover, Carousel of Progress
Epcot - Spaceship Earth, Ellen's Energy Adventure
Animal Kingdom - Kilimanjaro Safari
DHS - Meh
And whatever restaurant we happen to be eating in.

sheriffwoody

I grab some BLT waffle fries at the Golden Outpost and sit at a table across the path to people watch. So far, I haven't had trouble getting a table, but I bet it's hard during busy times. I also like to hang out on a bench outside the train station and people watch down main street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom