Favorite queue

ifuhadwings

Original Poster
I was talking with my best friend the other day and we were discussing Disney queues and how they are a key part to telling the story of an attraction. What are some of your favorite queues? Or...could you do without them and fast pass all the way leaving the queue behind?

WLBound

I've always enjoyed the ToT queue, especially if I have to wander through the outside. The eeriness of the line puts me in the mood for the ride itself. Splash Mountain is pretty good too but anymore I just walk straight thru and get on the ride. My DH would probably choose Star Tours but he is a big Sci-Fi geek.

JIMINYCR

If it's a crowd high level day, bring on the FP. If not I dont mind a queue line thats moving at a decent pace.

Tower of Terror, although it's short once you reach the hotel doors, and at that point I wish it would meander through the hotel lobby and past the front of the hotel desk so you could get a better view of things.
Expedition Everest, lots of things pertaining to the Yeti and assortment of climbing expedition things.
Test Track, Car parts, crash dummies, tools... it's all there.
Mission Space, Love anything that has to do with space, moon buggy!!!
Haunted Mansion, I thought I wouldn't like it but the interactive line has grown on me.
Pirates of Carribean, Stalemate Chess game, cannons & cannon balls, the eerie feel of an old dingy fort.

mergatroid

It's kind of hard to answer for a few reasons, but I'll give it a go. I would have to say Space Moutain gets my vote though it's probably not the best themed of the lot. I love the feeling of going 'underground' through a tunnel to get to the vehicles and the lighting and feeling it creates is perfect for the ride. However a lot of the thrill is also because of my childhood memories of Space Mountain as it was my favourite ride (still is sometimes depending on my mood). This adds a lot to the 'queuing experience' as you're reliving past memories and looking forward to the ride ahead. If the same queue led to Peter Pan for instance then I doubt that special feel would be there for me.

The Tower of Terror gets my second place vote though I actually believe it's better themed than Space Mountain. As somebody else said earlier it's sometimes better when it's fully opened and you go through the entire gardens to really soak up the atmosphere. The hunting music they play really does take you too a different level and sets you up perfectly before entering the lobby. After the library the basement scene is perfect too and you really do feel like you're in a functioning basement of an old delapadated hotel. Even the exit is well themed and the whole experience seems perfect from start to finish.

I'll also give a big shout out to Splash Mountain. There's something very relaxing about it for me. I think it's a combination of the music and also the layout as you go weaving around the structure and it really does feel quite 'rural' in a quaint way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom