Favorite non-Disney part of a Disney vacation

JIMINYCR

Getting the heck out of Maine, leaving the business and lifes worries behind. Listening to all the Disney CDs in the car and knowing every mile brings me closer to the real thing. Stopping someplace to eat some real southern food. Crossing into the Southern most part of the US and seeing the first palm trees on the drive. Reading the unique billboard signs on the drive ( Maine outlawed them years ago ) Driving past the "Welcome to Florida" sign. Seeing the first direction signs painted with the unique Disney colors.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
What my daughter calls the Disney Bridge on 429 (the high part of the road where you can see EPCOT, the Contemporary and other Disney landmarks in the distance) - we know we are only a few minutes from Western Way. And in my excitement, I have to remember to not drive 100 mph to get there. :)

DizneyPryncess

Yes and the welcome center when we enter Florida. We always stop and get a picture of our boys by the sign! It's nice to see how they've grown over the years. Our other non-Disney tradition is a day at Kennedy Space Center on the way in (last trip is was on the way out, so we could make the last day of SWW) I also love my day at the outlet malls (usually just go for the Disney ones):D

We do the same thing with the welcome sign! :)

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
My flight is only half an hour (Miami), so it just makes the transition that much shorter especially since MIA and MCO are fantastic airports IMHO.

righttrack

Riding the tram in the airport with people who probably have never ridden a subway before and are somehow amazed by this and it's technology. Wow, we're inside, now we're goin outside? wow! They don't quite know how to "surf" to be able to stand with it moving. Living in the greater NYC area, this is second nature

Also riding a bus without a seat, same deal

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I think just waking up the morning of and putting on my magicband and getting in the car knowing that in a few hours we'll be starting another fantastic vacation is just the best feeling in the world. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom