Favorite Non-Disney Park

gobuckeye@wdw

Account Suspended
Non Existant

Trust me I am from Cleveland, Cedar Point Sucks!!!!!!! I mean, don't get me wrong, the rides there are quite good but I hate the lack of imagination and the gold diggers who own Cedar Point. After I got back from Disney I used to go to Cedar Point and I hated it every time. The park is sooooo dirty TRUST ME!!!! I know about 10 people who work there of used to work there. They said that the food they serve there, they wouldn't even eat!!! Also, Cedar Point is a logistical nightmare!!!!!! I wounder if they have even heard the words: CROUD MANAGEMENT!!! What a brilliant idea it was to have their laser light show RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE TWO MOST POPULAR RIDES!!!! Also, $55!!! for a one day pass!!!! ahahahah!!!! I wouldn't pay 25$ to go to that hole!!! Just give me my 2 weeks of Disney and I'm satisfied!!!

dandaman

Original Poster
gobuckeye@wdw said:
Trust me I am from Cleveland, Cedar Point Sucks!!!!!!! I mean, don't get me wrong, the rides there are quite good but I hate the lack of imagination and the gold diggers who own Cedar Point. After I got back from Disney I used to go to Cedar Point and I hated it every time. The park is sooooo dirty TRUST ME!!!! I know about 10 people who work there of used to work there. They said that the food they serve there, they wouldn't even eat!!! Also, Cedar Point is a logistical nightmare!!!!!! I wounder if they have even heard the words: CROUD MANAGEMENT!!! What a brilliant idea it was to have their laser light show RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE TWO MOST POPULAR RIDES!!!! Also, $55!!! for a one day pass!!!! ahahahah!!!! I wouldn't pay 25$ to go to that hole!!! Just give me my 2 weeks of Disney and I'm satisfied!!!
1. I said no flame wars (i.e. Park X Sucks).
2. It's $45 for a one-day pass.
3. What's so wrong with the food?
4. You answered it yourself... POPULAR RIDES. 4 coasters over 200 feet tall. 67 rides altogether. Admittedly, I agree with the Summer Spectacular location, but nevertheless, it's an amusement park, not a theme park. If you go in there expecting Disney quality themeing, then don't go.

Epcot82Guy

Gotta say, Go Buckeye, I've never heard that reaction before, and I've been going to Cedar Point every year since I was a kid (from northern Indiana). Oh well, to each his/her own.

My parks:
1. Cedar Point
2. PKI
3. Busch Gardens Tampa
4. SWO
5. Universal Studios Florida (NOT IOA)

Also making the list would be Opryland, but no longer :cry:

TheOneVader

1. Universal Studios Florida - IoA has better rides, but I love the atmosphere here
2. Universal's Islands of Adventure - Hulk and Spider-Man... Enough said
3. Six Flags Over Georgia - Superman: Ultimate Flight... :)
4. Dollywood - Meh, Dollywood is just a Six FLags rip-off, which is a Universal rip-off, which is a Disney rip-off.

Indy95

I completely agree with gobuckeye about Cedar Point. I've been to CP about 30 times (I live about 40 minutes away), and each time more and more flaws are apparent. The only good ride at CP anymore is Millenium Force, because all of the other coasters have better counterparts at other parks (yes, even TTD, which, despite what you might have heard, is a complete waste of time if the line is longer than 45 minutes). Face it, you don't go to CP to ride Gemini. Yes, Millenium Force IS the best roller coaster in the world, but it is FAR from the best ride, and it still doesn't justify the $45 admission price, counteracted with bad food, bad merchandising sensibility, little to no maintenance, a complete and utter lack of crowd control, minimal ride staffing, no concept of target demographs, an insane price for a subpar water park, insane prices for drinks ($2.75 for bottled water!!!!!!), a complete brain fart when it comes to the subject of "ride capacity," a laughable "Freeway Pass" system, a lack of cleanliness to the entire park, a VERY lethargic and unhelpful staff, lines that stretch out to next week, and a sense of pompousness that permeates the entire resort. Every second you are in the park, it drains any emotion whatsoever that you might have had (except when screaming on the coasters...or from being jerked around like a rag doll on Mean Streak), and you keep saying to yourself, THIS was named "best amusement park in America?" If anyone would like me to elaborate further on any of the subjects written above, please drop me a line...I'd be more than happy to respond.

Okay, all moaning and complaining aside (my apologies, but I just had to get that off my chest...I know I'm being a killjoy here), having visited most of the better parks across America, my favorite non-Disney parks would have to be IOA, PKI, and BG Williamsburg. This is not just because of the rides, of course (they all have great rides), but because of all the little things that make parks so enjoyable to visit. Also, these parks contain the Disney-esque quality of having smaller rides (with shorter lines) be just as enjoyable to ride than the big coasters. Rides such as Delirium at PKI, Escape from Pompeii at BGW, and Poseidon at IOA are not "E-Ticket" rides, but still provide endless hours of entertainment, both because they're immensely fun to ride and because of their minimal waits (especially with Express passes at IOA). Cedar Point has no such rides, you have to wait in at LEAST a 45 minute line for any remotley good coaster (except for Magnum, surprisingly).

P.S. I just want to point out that I have no personal hatred for anyone who likes Cedar Point. If it is your favorite park, fine. But no argument above is supposed to be a personal attack against anyone.

P.P.S Dandaman, not to be rude or anything (even though that's probably what I am doing), when you say that "Millenium Force is the best roller coaster on the planet," you're pretty much inviting an argument, or "flame wars" on that one. Granted, I completely agree with you on this point (but NOT that it's the best ride), but it doesn't do well to your wish of "no flame wars on this post."

Testtrack321

Indy95 said:
Rides such as Delirium at PKI, Escape from Pompeii at BGW, and Poseidon at IOA are not "E-Ticket" rides, but still provide endless hours of entertainment, both because they're immensely fun to ride and because of their minimal waits (especially with Express passes at IOA).

Remember the time you dragged me onto the wet area of Pompeii saying the water never reaches us? Yeah, I was drenched. Plus, you know how much I like Delirium! :sohappy:

Indy95

Yes I do remember that. That was hirarious. You were soaked like none other.

And if I recall, that was the ONLY reason that you went on Roman Rapids 45 million times with us (which was insane, to say the least). Man, what a great trip!

dandaman

Original Poster
Indy95 said:
when you say that "Millenium Force is the best roller coaster on the planet," you're pretty much inviting an argument, or "flame wars" on that one. Granted, I completely agree with you on this point (but NOT that it's the best ride), but it doesn't do well to your wish of "no flame wars on this post."
Touché. Sorry 'bout that. However, I'm keeping my avatar... :animwink: :lol:

Kadee

I haven't been to many parks other than Disney's. I did not like Six Flags (any of them). I guess I have to say IoA just for the Spiderman ride. It is my alltime favorite. And Suessland is great.....I have to agree with MKCP on that one.

Indy95

dandaman said:
Touché. Sorry 'bout that. However, I'm keeping my avatar... :animwink: :lol:
You can keep your avatar, heck I like it pretty much...it's just strange that you would use it on a Disney forum, but then again, why not?
:slurp:

TowerOfTerror

1. Universal Studios Florida
2. Universal's Islands of Adventure
3. Hershey Park
4. Busch Gardens Williamsburg

I would put six flags great adventure simply because of the rides, but not the bad guest, staff, food, cleanliness, maintenance, and customer service. That's the way NJ runs a park :fork:

imagineer boy

Knott's Camp Snoopy at the Mall of America ( great rides, great atmosphere, okay themeing, all indoors! )

Silver Dollar City ( really great with the enviroment )

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom