Favorite New Attraction of Fantasyland Expansion

tsd15

I just wish that instead of this whole big expansion for only Fantasyland, they would add a major new ride to each park. That would draw a lot crowds to not only one park, but all four! It would also please a lot of people.
I completely agree with this sentiment. As many have stated, the Magic Kingdom is already a rather "solid" park, especially compared to parks such as DHS and AK that simply lack the number of attractions necessary to reach the same level of MK. Epcot needs to reassess what exactly its mission is and plan attractions and pavilions accordingly, all in keeping with the theme of an optimistic future. DHS has so much potential for amazing attractions, particularly with the budding Pixar Place as well as the Star Tours update. And who doesn't want to see Beastly Kingdomme in AK? Disney saw the astounding increase in attendance Everest brought to the park. Imagine a whole new land with E-ticket attractions...

socalkdg

I really can't stand when people flat-out make things up. The average weight of an American between the ages of 20 - 74 in America is 175 pounds. The average weight of a person from Europe is considerably less than that and Orlando gets a huge amount of travelers from overseas. Now considering about 1/4th of the people entering the castle are under the age of 20, I'd say the actual percent of people being turned away from Forbidden Journey due to weight is about 1% or less. It is about on-par with the number of people turned away from riding a B&M coaster that doesn't have the "fat seat," and word is that Universal is testing out a seat for the over 300 pound crowd anyway. :brick:

They actually lose more kids under 48" height than to people being over weight. Thats most kids under 7 years old. Compare to EE at 42" or TT(or new CSR) are at 40" and you see the difference between a Disney family "E" ticket and a Universal "E" ticket.

Journey might be better (never been on yet but I've been happy with their most recent rides in Kong and Simpsons) but they gear to the 10-40 age group more than Disney does.

I'm 45 and can ride Screamin, EE, Space Mountain with no physical problems, but the Mummy destroyed my neck (to be fair the Matterhorn does as well). Disney still follows Walt's advice and makes rides for the whole family, which includes ages 5 up to 65.

I'd vote Little Mermaid, by the way as favorite new attraction.

erasure fan1

I watched Princess and The Frog for the first time yesterday and I think they made a big mistake not including this in the FL expansion. I think it could even be its own land.

The first thing I thought of when watching was, "man, this would make a killer ride."
I agree completely. We watched it a month ago for the first time and the first thing I thought as well was, this movie has HUGE ride possibilities. But since the movie didnt do as great as disney wanted (I believe thats because it was miss marketed.) it wont get the time of day. If Disney wont give its best performing animated movie of all time (LionKing) the time of day, what hope would this film have.:shrug:

I will say merrmaid is my favorite new attraction in the FLE. Of course I consider that the only new attraction in the FLE. Meet and greets and a restaurant do not count in my book. Nor does adding a dumbo spinner and re theming a 20 second kids coaster.

I agree completely. We watched it a month ago for the first time and the first thing I thought as well was, this movie has HUGE ride possibilities. But since the movie didnt do as great as disney wanted (I believe thats because it was miss marketed.) it wont get the time of day. If Disney wont give its best performing animated movie of all time (LionKing) the time of day, what hope would this film have.:shrug:

I will say merrmaid is my favorite new attraction in the FLE. Of course I consider that the only new attraction in the FLE. Meet and greets and a restaurant do not count in my book. Nor does adding a dumbo spinner and re theming a 20 second kids coaster.
Dont be so sure about the expansion not including more rides. Insiders have came on here and said the east side of the expansion will fix this problem.

DisneyParksFan1

Dont be so sure about the expansion not including more rides. Insiders have came on here and said the east side of the expansion will fix this problem.

Yeah hopefully Phase II brings about a refurb for Winnie the Pooh the ride. Not just the facade. One that brings the trackless ride system from TDL.

socalkdg

There was nothing new about Everest except a great AA that you see for 0.23 seconds as you zoom by it, and most of the time it isn't even working. People complain about Revenge of the Mummy always having a broken Mummy AA, but I think the Yeti sees more downtime.

Other than the mountain and the queue (even that's up for debate), Mummy > Everest. However, they both suffer from weak endings.

I've only rode Mummy at USH, but it was crap. Short, only one good scene, and hurt my neck to ride it. Everest with a stuffed animal Yeti dangling from a rope would have been better than Mummy.

Spike-in-Berlin

Well as there is exactly ONE new attraction in this gigantic expansion it pretty narrows it down doesn't it? My favorite attraction will be the Little Mermaid ride as it is the only NEW ride in the famous FLE and I don't count (even elaborate) M+G areas or restaurants as attractions while Dumbo is only a doubled version of a ride that already exists.
Needless to say I am less than thrilled with this monumental expansion.

RSoxNo1

Yeah hopefully Phase II brings about a refurb for Winnie the Pooh the ride. Not just the facade. One that brings the trackless ride system from TDL.

I wouldn't count on this. They may ultimately enhance the ride some, but I highly doubt they completely revamp the ride system. The technology would be better used on a new experience (or IMO, Imagination)

DisneyParksFan1

I wouldn't count on this. They may ultimately enhance the ride some, but I highly doubt they completely revamp the ride system. The technology would be better used on a new experience (or IMO, Imagination)

It'd be great for Imagination! Or maybe even for Buzz Lightyear. :shrug:

mp2bill

Im not sure that they will or wont but for now all I have to go on is whats been announced.

How bout we just wait until everything's finished then? Most times, companies won't announce everything that's planned anyway because those plans change so often (case in point...the rumors about PH being scrapped).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom