Favorite Moderate Resort?

Angelinavs2001

Original Poster
I'm sure that many people ask this particular question but what is your favorite moderate resort? My father and I are going March 26-April 2nd of this year and we are about 23 days away from our trip We are thinking about staying at Disney's Coranado Springs resort. Would you recommend another resort?

Betsyboo

Just got back from a 6 night stay at PO French Quarter. Beautiful, quiet and we had great luck with the buses. We've also stay at Riverside and enjoyed it as well. Good luck with your pick and have a great trip!

Angelinavs2001

Original Poster
Just got back from a 6 night stay at PO French Quarter. Beautiful, quiet and we had great luck with the buses. We've also stay at Riverside and enjoyed it as well. Good luck with your pick and have a great trip!
Thank you! We are very anxious to go!! I'm just wondering if there are any other places we should stay before we make the final decision.

Betsyboo

Thank you! We are very anxious to go!! I'm just wondering if there are any other places we should stay before we make the final decision.
Many people really like CSR. You may want to search the forums for other threads. Also, check out allears.net for some reviews.

Dog Ate Mouse

Hi and first let me say go have a Magical Time with your Dad. The Coronado Springs resort is really a nice resort and is the biggest resort of all the moderates. The resort due to size could be a decent walk to get to the main building for meals, snacks and gift shop. If walking is an issue just ask to stay at the Casita's in the resort. The pool to me is really cool and the hot tub is awesome. The Coronado is clean, attractive, lively and tastefully themed. I think you guys made a good choice and if you never stayed there, then I strongly suggest that you give it a try. I truly feel your going to love it. Please allow to say that if this is your first time staying at any of the moderate resorts, then stick to this one and next time that you have the opportunity to go then stay at another. This way you will form your opinions on each resort by what you like and like a lot or not like or not like at all. This is how my DWF and I have chosen our favorite moderate resorts. Trust me when I say that it sounds like your first trip at a moderate and you are going to have the time of your life just being in WDW. When I was 20 it did not matter where I stayed as long as I was in WDW at one of the resorts. You have picked a really nice moderate Resort to stay in already. I would be more concerned of what we are going to do and see first and start thinking of one must do and see attraction and think about meeting your favorite characters. I am happy to hear that you and your Dad are going together. Have fun and be thankful that your father is the kind of good man to take his daughter to WDW.

Angelinavs2001

Original Poster
Hi and first let me say go have a Magical Time with your Dad. The Coronado Springs resort is really a nice resort and is the biggest resort of all the moderates. The resort due to size could be a decent walk to get to the main building for meals, snacks and gift shop. If walking is an issue just ask to stay at the Casita's in the resort. The pool to me is really cool and the hot tub is awesome. The Coronado is clean, attractive, lively and tastefully themed. I think you guys made a good choice and if you never stayed there, then I strongly suggest that you give it a try. I truly feel your going to love it. Please allow to say that if this is your first time staying at any of the moderate resorts, then stick to this one and next time that you have the opportunity to go then stay at another. This way you will form your opinions on each resort by what you like and like a lot or not like or not like at all. This is how my DWF and I have chosen our favorite moderate resorts. Trust me when I say that it sounds like your first trip at a moderate and you are going to have the time of your life just being in WDW. When I was 20 it did not matter where I stayed as long as I was in WDW at one of the resorts. You have picked a really nice moderate Resort to stay in already. I would be more concerned of what we are going to do and see first and start thinking of one must do and see attraction and think about meeting your favorite characters. I am happy to hear that you and your Dad are going together. Have fun and be thankful that your father is the kind of good man to take his daughter to WDW.
I'm so thankful that he could let us go this year. Last year we stayed at POP century and it was pretty nice. But this is our first time staying at a moderate and I mean the walk won't be too bad would it? I like walking:) and also I'm very excited for the pool and hot tub there! It looks so beautiful!

Dog Ate Mouse

Angelinvs2001:

The walk will not be to bad at all. Our first time there they placed us pretty far away, they had little golf cart taxi's that would take us up to the main lobby and back if you did not want to walk it. The walk is like walking in a beautiful well cared for park that is very peaceful and beautiful. You will love it. The pool is awesome and make sure you go on the small water slide. That slide is a lot of fun. Hope this helps.

Angelinavs2001

Original Poster
Angelinvs2001:

The walk will not be to bad at all. Our first time there they placed us pretty far away, they had little golf cart taxi's that would take us up to the main lobby and back if you did not want to walk it. The walk is like walking in a beautiful well cared for park that is very peaceful and beautiful. You will love it. The pool is awesome and make sure you go on the small water slide. That slide is a lot of fun. Hope this helps.
It helped a lot thank you very much for your details on that resort:) :)

Buzz2001

CSR is definitely worth it! It has a great main pool area and offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price. CSR also offer business club level rooms now with lounge access.

CSR has queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink.

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

Epcot-Rules

Sorry I can't say I have stayed at POR, but I have stayed a CSR twice and it is amazing. Yes we had a long walk to Lobby, but I need the exercise and for the price, it was well worth it. I would like to stay at POR once, maybe a work trip, but since I have gotten older and can afford the Deluxe resorts, I will always stay at the Epcot Resorts. My family enjoys it so much. I made the mistake of staying at Poly this last trip. My wife and kids made it clear that they liked Boardwalk much better!!

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
Have stayed at CBR and CSR but none of the other moderates. Our first stay at CSR was in the Casitas and it was a 5 minute walk to the lobby but there was a bus stop about a minute from our room, which was awesome.

Never ate at any of the restaurants but did get drinks a few times at the Laguna Bar and Rix Lounge, and both were great. The room was clean and cool. Grounds were very well kept.

Our room overlooked one of the quiet pools, and it was perfect. We ventured over to the feature pool once but found it too hectic and full of younglings.

Second stay there we were in the Ranchos, basically the opposite side of the lake from the main lobby building. Only time this was a pain was when we had park purchases shipped to the resort and having to go pick them up (first world problems, I know). Here, we were also a minute or so walk from a bus stop and while we didn't over look that area's quiet pool, it was a short walk and was just as nice as the one by the Casitas.

Had we not been fortunate enough to have a friend offer us some DVC points to use at SSR, we would've stayed at CSR again on our most recent trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom