Favorite Dining EXPERIENCES?

JohnD

On another thread I said stay away from Biergarten because they were looking for something quiet. For you - Biergarten! Also, Raglan Rd. is lots of fun with the Irish dancing inside. And House of Blues with the music outside.

yedliW

We are big fans of 'Ohana for breakfast. The food is great, and the characters are a lot of fun (and I haven't even seen the movie Lilo and Stitch..) Every time one of them came by.. I traded phones with the guy at the next table and we both got a ton of great pictures.

DiSnEyF@n

We love Hoop de doo and it has become a family tradition to go on every trip. The show is lots of fun and the strawberry shortcake for dessert is yummy ;-)

Can you give me more info on this experience? Where it's at? How long is it? Etc... I have heard so much about it but have never been... Would a 2 year old like it?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Can you give me more info on this experience? Where it's at? How long is it? Etc... I have heard so much about it but have never been... Would a 2 year old like it?

You can probably find videos on YouTube to have a better idea if your own child will like it. My daughter was 3 and a half when she first saw it and she really enjoyed it - this says something about its overall appeal because at the time her english comprehension was only so-so (english is a second language for her). The next time we went back she was 6 and she specifically asked if we were going to see it again. It has now become a family tradition on each trip.

jlsHouston

I think I might spring for Hoop de doo this trip. We did the Mickeys Backyard BBQ several years ago and liked everything but trying to find the place and the heat since it was summer and it is basically a tent venue with fans. My grandkids 10 and 8 still love all the character experiences and of course they love buffet because of choices and no waiting for food. That being said they have thoroughly enjoyed Flying Fish and Sci Fi Diner. They loved Biergarten and the dancing (another buffet and no wait for food LOL ). They enjoyed Whispering Canyon and the loud servers and flying ketchup. For some reason they have always HATED OHANA's at dinner. SO we discovered the Peter Pan club or whatever it is called and they were happy being left there while we did an OHANA dinner.
I guess our only dining tradition is pretty much 1900 Park Fare and I am not sure if it's a love thing as much as we like it for breakfast or dinner, and it gives me a chance to sit in the lobby at GF, and shop at Basins for bath bombs

mouse_luv

The first thing that came to my mind was Teppan Edo at Japan in World Showcase EPCOT. It's a lot of fun and I think the kids might like it. Plus the food is a A+
A PP mentioned Japan Dining, the real name of the restaurant they were referring to is Tokyo Dining which is the other side of the restaurant from Teppan Edo. Getting a table for Illuminations is very difficult there. Just FYI.

Also, I would never do Kona Cafe for dinner. We did it on lunch back in 2012 and it was great but it has very much gone downhill since. We went there for dinner last year and the food was horrible (we got ill) and the waitress was terrible and uninterested. The chef that came to our table was a jerk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom