Favorite deluxe resort

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
I have never stayed at a deluxe resort before but would like to one day. Of course I have my list of which ones I would like to stay at-The Polynesian, The Wilderness Lodge, and The Animal Kingdom Lodge. I've been to the Contemporary several times but those have been on dining occasions and to rent SeaRaycers. So, finally my question, what deluxe is your favorite or which ones have you stayed at?

belledream

We haven't stayed a lot of either, but the few we have were Contemporary, Wildernesss Lodge, and Yacht Club and Beach Club many times. So clearly there's my family's favorite! :) Beautiful lobbies, homey rooms, fun hallways to run about, and of course, Stormalong Bay.

My dream deluxe to stay at one day is Grand Floridian. I love the architecture, the grounds, and the ornate feel of everything!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
We haven't stayed a lot of either, but the few we have were Contemporary, Wildernesss Lodge, and Yacht Club and Beach Club many times. So clearly there's my family's favorite! :) Beautiful lobbies, homey rooms, fun hallways to run about, and of course, Stormalong Bay.

My dream deluxe to stay at one day is Grand Floridian. I love the architecture, the grounds, and the ornate feel of everything!
Isn't the Yacht club and Beach club over there near the Boardwalk between EPCOT and DHS?

ParentsOf4

Over the years I've been fortunate to stay at all the Deluxe Resorts.

My favorite as a standalone experience? Animal Kingdom Lodge. Extensively themed, impressive lobby, 3 good table service restaurants, good food court, good bar, and appealing pools. And don't forget the unique Savannah!

My favorite as an overall experience? Beach Club. Convenient to Epcot, Disney Hollywood Studios, the Boardwalk, several different hotel restaurants, and arguably the best (albeit often crowded) pool. More so than the Monorail Resorts, I feel like I'm in the middle of it all when I stay at one of the three Crescent Lake Resorts.

Courtney6682

We've stayed at the GF, Poly, CR, BW and OKW. I'd love to give WL and BC a try someday but I just can't get over the fact there won't be a monorail for those prices.

zurgandfriend

We seem to be on a loop,
Grand Floridian
Contemporary
Polynesian
Then repeat, I have been trying for years to get my DW to try the Yacht Club but she always says NO if it's not on the monorail it's not Disney.

DisneyPrincess5

I have stayed at Poly, AKL, Boardwalk, Bay Lake, and Wilderness Lodge, plus Swan and Dolphin if you count those. So hard to choose a favorite since they're all unique experiences.
I guess I'd have to say the Poly. DH and I stayed here for our first two trips together so sentiment wins out. Beautiful, beautiful resort. Love that it's a Disney original hotel, great food, friendly staff, and you've gotta love the monorail connection and proximity to MK.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
In order of preference (DVCer, these will be villas):

WL (both regular & villas)
GF (ditto)
Poly
SSR
BW
OKW
BLT (only thing attractive was proximity to MK)

Have a stay booked at AKL in January, so expect that resort will be near top of list.

I wish Disney would install screen doors on the sliding doors in deluxe rooms. This is Florida, the land of bugs especially flying ones. Nothing spoils a stay more than opening your glass door on a nice evening and ending up with a room full of bugs.

patch553

weve stayed at bay lake tower,grand Floridian,boardwalk and animal kingdom lodge.. loved everyone of them ,the view from bay lake was amazing so that will be our favorite at the moment

rob0519

We've stayed at the Cr, Polynesian and the GF. My son and I like the CR for it's proximity to the MK (walkable) and the view from the Park View rooms.
My wife likes the Polynesian and the GF, each for their different themes.

I would like to try the Wilderness lodge, but cannot get the family to agree.

Mickey5150

Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom are the 2 best themed resorts on Disney property. What makes them so special is the way they block out the outside world and truly immerse you in either a mountain lodge retreat or an African safari village. They also are the cheapest deluxe resorts which is always nice. I'm also a fan of all the Epcot resorts, even Swan and Dolphin. The best thing about Swan and Dolphin is that there can be deals to get rooms there for the price of a moderate and you still get full Disney access except for the ability to charge in park purchases to your room.

ryguy

Animal Kingdom lodge is truly unique, so I have to say that if you had to choose one I would stay there. I grew up going to the Poly, but with all the changes I am staying away. Beach Club is nice because I like the location to Epcot. But the quick service food is non existent really. Pound for pound AKL is the best. Nice food options, great pools, African animals outside your balcony. Pretty cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom