Father shoots self in leg in Downtown Disney parking lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true bull. Rates do not soar when bans come into effect. The US has THE highest murder rate of the developed world. How are the majority of these murders committed? How many times does the world hear of mass murders going on killing sprees in the US, in your schools, universities, on your streets!! And yet nothing changes. You have the death penalty and yet still your murder rates climb.

A century old piece of legislation, shouldnt mean laws shouldnt change. Laws and society adapts and changes, and so should some people's attitudes.

Its sad, pathetic and rather disgusting that a modern, ''civilised'' society can think that carrying guns as 'protection', is actually sensible logic.

sbkline

So are we to assume that this male visited DTD with an insecure firearm :eek::eek:

Why would anyone carry a loaded gun in Disney

Apparently, this father thought the same thing, since he was in the process of removing and unloading the firearm before going into DTD.

first off, so there is no confusion, the second amendment of the U.S. Constitution reads as follows A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed .... when this was written, it's purpose was to allow ordinary citizens to keep firearms in the event they were called to help defend their home state in case of attack ( in this case the British {no offense to our friends across the pond} ) ... now, those who are on the side of gun owership will basically take the last 14 words as their base argument for carrying a gun ... those who are opposed to gun ownership will say that, in taking the 2nd amendment word for word, means that ownership of a gun should be for the sole purpose of state or country defense and for that alone ... as many have said over the course of this thread, if there are people who do not agree with how a law is regulated, then you change the law ... that's one of the greatest things about the U.S.A. being that if the people feel that a law is unjust or wrong, we the people can change those laws ... remember the first three words that start this great document We the People .... there is one thing I would like to clear up before I get down of my soapbox .... I have seen over and over again people here in this forum stating that they don't want to see Disney employees carrying weapons all over the property ... just for clarification, the law just enacted in the state of Florida allows a person who is registerd to own a handgun to keep it in their parked vehicle as long as it is locked into something as a glovebox or a lock box in the trunk .... I will step down now from my soapbox

geubux

Hey Living the Dream,
The SUPREME COURT has ruled that the CONSTITUTION says the citizens have the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. Apparently, you disagree. Well, the CONSTITUTION has a way that YOU can make changes. It's called adding an amendment and it has been done several times in the past. Oh, by the way, it involves not just YOUR opinion, but mine and a couple million other people. So, if you feel strongly, get off the seat and start a grassroot effort to make the change.

By the way, most of the weapons used in crime are illegally obtained anyway. The Supreme Court did not change the way guns are obtained, they just said EVERYONE has the right to own them, except criminals. St:slurp:ates and even the Feds can still specify the methods used to purchase guns and I have nothing against that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom