FastPass+ Testing for APs

CohibaMan

Original Poster
Yesterday I downloaded and installed the new and improved My Disney Experience App for iOS. In the course of playing with it, I discovered that I now have access to make Fastpass+ reservations in advance without having a resort stay booked. We are FL resident APs. Turns out that we were selected for "testing." According to the person that I spoke to on the Internet Help Desk number, a "very small number" of pass holders were selected! So, lucky me! Anyone else get the good news? Thursday was the first day of this new "test."

sjhym333

If you haven't already done so, check your My Disney Experience page online and click MagicBands/Cards. There may be a tab to order your MagicBands. I did this the other day and just found the tab. My MagicBands came to my house in less then 24 hours. I think this "testing" is the way that Disney is rolling out MagicBands to AP holders.

wdwstateofmind

We go multiple times a month and were snubbed. My wife and I are not very happy with the whole situation right now. There can't be random picking as I think the company would like to ensure that they can actually access data from people using it...but that's just my opinion.

CohibaMan

Original Poster
Just got done customizing my bands. No clue how I got selected. Maybe someone from Disney has seen my posts railing on APs getting screwed with FastPass+ and treated like second class citizens? Sorry to anyone who got passed over. Hopefully this "testing" is code for a slow rollout to all APs.

Make sure when you go you check that everyone in your party has fastpass.
We went yesterday and I had fastpass on my ticket and the hubby did not. On the app it said we both have fastpass set up. Just fyi

MissM

Just got done customizing my bands. No clue how I got selected. Maybe someone from Disney has seen my posts railing on APs getting screwed with FastPass+ and treated like second class citizens? Sorry to anyone who got passed over. Hopefully this "testing" is code for a slow rollout to all APs.
I think in my case, it was due to having an existing ADR scheduled during the time frame that they wanted AP's to come out for the test so they figured it was a good chance I'd be there if I had dinning plans already made.

sloppy.joey

So, are Florida Annual Passholders getting magic bands?
There are randomly selecting passholders for testing of my magic+ including magic bands and advanced access to Fastpass+. A full roll out to all passholders will happen sometime in the near future. Eventually, yes all passholders will get magic bands but as of now your selection to receive them is random.

disneypearl

There are randomly selecting passholders for testing of my magic+ including magic bands and advanced access to Fastpass+. A full roll out to all passholders will happen sometime in the near future. Eventually, yes all passholders will get magic bands but as of now your selection to receive them is random.

Well that's good news!

JohnD

I'm an AP but since I already have a planned trip with a resort stay in early April, naturally, I'm not being picked for a test. I already have MBs on the way because of the resort stay.

CohibaMan

Original Poster
image.jpg
Got my bands today. Notice the little blue "Magic Slider." That is for Passholders only. The black card is for Seasonal passes and does not include parking. The yellow one is for Annual passes and does include parking. You now show these cards to receive discounts at Disney properties. Pretty slick presentation!

MissM

Interesting about the black card for Seasonals. Mine arrived today too but we're both full AP so we got two gold cards.

MissM

Today I got emails inviting us to complete surveys based on our experience in the FP+ AP test:

Dear Annual Passholder,

Thank you so much for participating in the testing of MyMagic+. We hope that you had a wonderful time!

As a last step in your testing process, we need you to complete a follow-up survey about your experience (a link is below). Your feedback is VERY important to us and critical to the success of MyMagic+ as we get ready to launch to all of our Guests. Since this is happening very soon, we would very much appreciate your completing this survey by Monday, February 24th. Thank you in advance for your time and participation.

To launch the survey, please click here.

Have a Magical Day!

The MyMagic+ Testing Team

Most of it was pretty standard stuff; asking what features I used, if it worked, how I'd rate the Wi-Fi service, etc. There wasn't a lot of room to give feedback on problems you had but I was glad to finally get this one:

fp-survey.jpg

They also asked if MyMagic+ promised things it did not deliver and I said yes and it gave me a comment box to fill in. I said that I was not happy with the limits of 3 fp+ in only 1 park and that I like to park hop and don't want to be locked into using my fp+ all or nothing in one park. I also said I would like a combination of the new system and old system where you can book a small number in advance but also get "day of" FP like check in, get a return time and then be able to wait elsewhere rather than in a line. (I mentioned I could be dining or shopping during the time otherwise trapped in a queue. LOL)

Who knows if any of it will matter but I did my part to try and give feedback on the issues that bother me about the system and the things that did work. Anyone who was in the AP FP+ test should get the emails and they want them complete by today (way to give people time there Disney!) so check your inboxes!!

Today I got emails inviting us to complete surveys based on our experience in the FP+ AP test:

Dear Annual Passholder,

Thank you so much for participating in the testing of MyMagic+. We hope that you had a wonderful time!

As a last step in your testing process, we need you to complete a follow-up survey about your experience (a link is below). Your feedback is VERY important to us and critical to the success of MyMagic+ as we get ready to launch to all of our Guests. Since this is happening very soon, we would very much appreciate your completing this survey by Monday, February 24th. Thank you in advance for your time and participation.

To launch the survey, please click here.

Have a Magical Day!

The MyMagic+ Testing Team

Most of it was pretty standard stuff; asking what features I used, if it worked, how I'd rate the Wi-Fi service, etc. There wasn't a lot of room to give feedback on problems you had but I was glad to finally get this one:

fp-survey.jpg

They also asked if MyMagic+ promised things it did not deliver and I said yes and it gave me a comment box to fill in. I said that I was not happy with the limits of 3 fp+ in only 1 park and that I like to park hop and don't want to be locked into using my fp+ all or nothing in one park. I also said I would like a combination of the new system and old system where you can book a small number in advance but also get "day of" FP like check in, get a return time and then be able to wait elsewhere rather than in a line. (I mentioned I could be dining or shopping during the time otherwise trapped in a queue. LOL)

Who knows if any of it will matter but I did my part to try and give feedback on the issues that bother me about the system and the things that did work. Anyone who was in the AP FP+ test should get the emails and they want them complete by today (way to give people time there Disney!) so check your inboxes!!

I never received my survey :(
I also wanted to make a comment about how many cast members were not aware of the Yellow discount/parking card. Everytime I was making a purchase, they would be confused looking at the card.

MissM

I never received my survey :(
I also wanted to make a comment about how many cast members were not aware of the Yellow discount/parking card. Everytime I was making a purchase, they would be confused looking at the card.
I got an email in my email and Love got one in his so we both got them.

We went on Saturday the 15th and our bands/gold cards arrived Monday the 17th so I haven't had a chance to use them yet. Interesting to hear cast members don't know what they are yet though!

I got an email in my email and Love got one in his so we both got them.

We went on Saturday the 15th and our bands/gold cards arrived Monday the 17th so I haven't had a chance to use them yet. Interesting to hear cast members don't know what they are yet though!

It was mostly at Downtown Disney. Both at World of Disney and the Pin Trading gazebo. A couple parking attendants had to take an extra glance at it too :rolleyes:

loveofamouse

This is really cool! I hope it rolls out quickly. Instead of eCerts and going to ticket windows, just ship new APs a band with a slider that stays in affect for a year. When you book a resort stay, that same band should just be registered to your room for charging. Seems simple enough. Would also allow APs to use FP+. I was just sitting here wondering how FP+ would work for our random day trips. This would save them a lot on wasted bands for APs.

Last edited:

sjhym333

I needed to call Disney about a question about my MagicBand and the very helpful CM told me that Disney has finished the AP test as of this week and they will begin to rollout MagicBands over the next several weeks to AP holders. She said it will be on a rolling basis until everyone has one. She said that the MagicBand would most likely show up on your My Disney Experience page under MagicBands/Tickets (which is how I found out about my MagicBand before I got a email from Disney).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom