Fastpass+ Problems!

Minnie17

Original Poster
Hello people,

Another MDE question!

I have a package booked through travel city direct, including 14 day ultimate tickets.

Everything is linked to the account, the tickets are showing up and everything, HOWEVER,

I've done some 'dummy run' FP bookings just to see how the new system works,

Firstly it's only letting me book 30 days out (even though I'm staying on site) and secondly it will only let me book for MK and says I don't have valid admission for any of the other parks :/

Anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it? Is it because I'm not into my 60 days yet, or some kind of tech problem?

It's 3 weeks till I'm at 60 days!

Wisdom appreciated :)

mergatroid

Hello people,

Another MDE question!

I have a package booked through travel city direct, including 14 day ultimate tickets.

Everything is linked to the account, the tickets are showing up and everything, HOWEVER,

I've done some 'dummy run' FP bookings just to see how the new system works,

Firstly it's only letting me book 30 days out (even though I'm staying on site) and secondly it will only let me book for MK and says I don't have valid admission for any of the other parks :/

Anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it? Is it because I'm not into my 60 days yet, or some kind of tech problem?

It's 3 weeks till I'm at 60 days!

Wisdom appreciated :)

Hi there,

I'm a bit confused as you say you're 3 weeks away from your 60 days out yet you've done some 'dummy run bookings'. I'm wondering how you can book if you've not hit the 60 day window yet, maybe that's causing the issues?

Are your 14 day tickets and your Disney hotel bookings both registered? I'm probably not the best person to help as this month is the first time I've booked FP+s online via our Annual Passes but thought I'd try to help.

DVCPluto

My guess would be that you are able to book 30 days out because you are not in your 60 day window. MDE has no idea when you will be using your tickets. You could be visiting next week with the tickets you have purchased and then buying more tickets for your stay.

So... If your hotel stay is linked to your account, when your 60 day window opens, you should be able to make your FP+ choices. If you want to be absolutely sure before day 60, call member services.

Rob562

I think the key point in the OP's post was the "MK only" part. Based on what others have said in other threads, I'm guessing the OP also has a hard-ticket Halloween or Christmas party ticket linked to their account. People have found that for some reason this gives people access to MK-only FP+ reservations for the next 30 days (with no way to actually *use* those FP+ reservations) even if they're nowhere near the Party date yet.

I'm sure there will eventually be a fix for this oversight in access, but as problems with the FP+ system go, this one is probably very very far down on the list.

Also, if park tickets were purchased separately you'd have the 30-day window *and* a 60-day window from your date of checking because as @DVCPluto said the system would have no way of knowing when you plan on using those tickets.

But as for the rest of trip's FP+, I presume that you have a complete Disney package booking. In that case the park tickets are tied to the reservation's dates and you can't use the tickets beforehand. Knowing that, the MDE system doesn't give you access to the FP+ system before 60 days.

-Rob

Last edited:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Another Mancunian !!!

I had issues yesterday initially setting up my MDE account - there are 5 of us travelling staying in 2 Disney rooms. MDE didn't recognise the ticket allocation of three of our group. A quick phonecall to the 0800 number and the problem was quickly rectified. Give them a ring - its free !!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom