Fastpass obsession

Goofyernmost

I believe that this thread or thraed, depending on your preference, could very well qualify for a prize for going off topic, not only fast, but, in a completely unforeseeable direction. :joyfull:

siropa

I'm a FP hoarder too. I won't show you the pile we've collected over the years, but here is what we did with some of them for a display.

fpmickeyhead.jpg

RSoxNo1

I'm confussed, is it a fastpass your looking for?
Yes. Back when the attraction was called Counted to Extinction they issued Fastpasses and I have never seen one. I would like to see one and add one to my collection.

Edit: Evidently I don't have photos of my Fastpass Bulletin board on my computer. I'll take new ones next week and post them.

Last edited:

Redhawk

I have a very small collection I've picked up over the past 10 years of visits. Usually didn't have time to use the FP or found it on the ground. Sometimes I kept an invalid one just because they still had the ride logo on the top. I was in the MK on Jan 9 and since it was a low-crowd evening and near park closing, I pulled one for Buzz and one for SM just to keep, knowing that they were soon going away forever.

(BTW, I couldn't believe folks were waiting in a long standby line for Buzz when the machines mere steps away were giving FPs with return times in something like 10-20 minutes. Pull a pass, go on TTA or SM or Laugh Floor, walk right onto the conveyor belt in Buzz. I did that about 4 times in 90 minutes. Really showed me how few guests understood how to use FP.)

Something to add to a collection would be the special Fast Passes that were given out in that Year of Wishes or whatever it was called, maybe in 2007? If you got really lucky, you received a whole sheet of plastic FPs with open return times for that day, one for each of the rides in that park that used FP. At other times random CMs could hand you one of the cards with open times for a specific ride. My husband and I got one pass each for Test Track on that visit, and we saw one family get an entire sheet for each member of their party.

Uncle Orville

Original Poster
I have a very small collection I've picked up over the past 10 years of visits. Usually didn't have time to use the FP or found it on the ground. Sometimes I kept an invalid one just because they still had the ride logo on the top. I was in the MK on Jan 9 and since it was a low-crowd evening and near park closing, I pulled one for Buzz and one for SM just to keep, knowing that they were soon going away forever.

(BTW, I couldn't believe folks were waiting in a long standby line for Buzz when the machines mere steps away were giving FPs with return times in something like 10-20 minutes. Pull a pass, go on TTA or SM or Laugh Floor, walk right onto the conveyor belt in Buzz. I did that about 4 times in 90 minutes. Really showed me how few guests understood how to use FP.)

Something to add to a collection would be the special Fast Passes that were given out in that Year of Wishes or whatever it was called, maybe in 2007? If you got really lucky, you received a whole sheet of plastic FPs with open return times for that day, one for each of the rides in that park that used FP. At other times random CMs could hand you one of the cards with open times for a specific ride. My husband and I got one pass each for Test Track on that visit, and we saw one family get an entire sheet for each member of their party.
When I went back when that was going on, me and my family got the plastic sheets of fastpasses at epcot. They were given to like the first 100 people to ride soarin that day, so we are very lucky. We didn't use any of the fastpasses on it because we want to preserve it for the future. The next day we could have gotten them at hollywood studios also, but we missed out, this is what happened. We were running to TM with everyone else who wanted to be on it first and we were passing one mans dream and the cast member looked at my family and she's said "Come on in here! Come on in!" like something cool was in there, but we said we would come back later. So later in that day we saw a family with the passes and we asked where they got them from. They told us they went into One mans dream right after the park opened. We were upset that we missed the opportunity to get a second one, just to beat people to a ride, but were still happy we got one of those cards at all.

Scuttle

Yes. Back when the attraction was called Counted to Extinction they issued Fastpasses and I have never seen one. I would like to see one and add one to my collection.

Edit: Evidently I don't have photos of my Fastpass Bulletin board on my computer. I'll take new ones next week and post them.
I was going to say check eBay, but I'm sure you check it daily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom