FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff4272

I will never pay for FP, there are already so many added costs to think about. I personally hope on site guests still get 3 free (or even 2) with the option to pay for anything additional. I also hope a traditional standby line always exists. I don’t want to show up to a standby line and find out it’s closed but I can come back and get in line at 9pm or something ridiculous like that.
This will NEVER happen.........They are changing it to monetize it and because they thought it wasnt working....why would you allow more FP (old 3 PLUS buying more) when the old way was too many to begin with?

drizgirl

Not only that…paying for a room is independent of the tickets that get you into the park…that’s an association that isn’t there. Express pass at universal is a deal worked out to incentivize both products between Comcast and Loews…the room and the tickets. Two players.

wdw doesn’t need to buy you off and split its own pie.
Well, starting in October, buying certain high dollar rooms will get you additional hours in the parks. That line is blurring.

Jeff4272

It is not critical to use FP to enjoy a day at WDW. It is not a race to see how many rides can be done by the end of the day. It is not an Olympic competition rather its supposed to be about fun, enjoyment and (brace yourselves) relaxation. I see no need for FP anyway.
Lol......except the 36k hotel room people disagree with you b ut that doesnt matter right? they will sell out no matter what

dovetail65

Not only that…paying for a room is independent of the tickets that get you into the park…that’s an association that isn’t there. Express pass at universal is a deal worked out to incentivize both products between Comcast and Loews…the room and the tickets. Two players.

wdw doesn’t need to buy you off and split its own pie.
Well we don't know that yet, do we?

Express at Universal is only tied to rooms because Universal did that, it wasn't implemented as room deal only or even first if I remember correctly. Universal still charges separately for Express and it is included on my UniversalAP(after 4pm) too. I am not positive, but I want to say Express came first and then they decided to add it to rooms later. I can't remember quite that far back, but I remember staying at Universal in a 350 night room and I am almost certain we didn't get Express included back then, but they did have Express.

Disney may very well may tie it to certain rooms in the future. Once WDW starts charging for a skip the line scheme,no matter what incarnation it takes it makes Disney like everyone else now. Disney can make any convoluted crazy scheme to make it seem different, fact is they make us pay so they are now the same. For me free FP made WDW better than the others.

If Disney wanted a home run they would figure out a way for Fp + to be even better, but still included in the price of a ticket while still making them more money.

Jeff4272

Is there any ride at Disney that is worth an extra 15-20 dollars to walk on? Hopefully this will keep FP numbers very limited so the regular line moves quickly.
Not sure if you noticed but the "regular" lines are not moving more quickly.....

Who is setting this narrative?

Was there last week and the lines were a NIGHTMARE........

they did not move

they took over 2 hours

it was AWFUL

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well we don't know that yet, do we?

Express at Universal is only tied to rooms because Universal did that, it wasn't implemented as room deal only or even first if I remember correctly. Universal still charges separately for Express and it is included on my UniversalAP(after 4pm) too. I am not positive, but I want to say Express came first and then they decided to add it to rooms later. I can't remember quite that far back, but I remember staying at Universal in a 350 night room and I am almost certain we didn't get Express included back then, but they did have Express.

Disney may very well may tie it to certain rooms in the future. Once WDW starts charging for a skip the line scheme,no matter what incarnation it takes it makes Disney like everyone else now. Disney can make any convoluted crazy scheme to make it seem different, fact is they make us pay so they are now the same. For me free FP made is made WDW better than the others.

If Disney wanted a home run they would figure out a way for Fp + to be even better, but still included in the price of a ticket while still making them more money.
The biggest differences there are:

1. universal doesn’t run its hotels…therefore doesn’t count pennies cost accounting fbem
2. Universal doesn’t have 7000 units of prepaid timeshare.

not small issues when we’re talking about “perks”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not sure if you noticed but the "regualr" lines are not moving more quickly.....

they did not move

they took over 2 hours

it was AWFUL
If true…it’s prolly because the standard attendance has grown organically and exceeded their attraction capacity in the 20 years they haven’t really added any…which makes a park management system “not optional”?

…but this is the first time I thought of that🤔

DisneyDodo

Some people will never understand how they're being manipulated and fleeced. 🤷‍♀️
I have no problem pointing out when Disney is manipulating or fleecing, but you seem to prefer asserting they are doing so without even being able to explain why. There are plenty of decisions Disney makes that come at the customers' expense - letting people not wait in line isn't one of them.

homerdance

This is just a bad system. I am trying to keep positive and open to this, but I can't figure out a single redeeming quality of this "new" system to the average guest. Honestly, the worst part is the "micro" transaction part of it, where you can't even really budge for a day because it is "dynamic"

I have nothing good to say and really think this is a POS.

WildRide

$18 to ride Peter Pan is absolute insanity even by Disney's standards. I don't get riled about things such as IP taking over parks, losing the old Dream Finder, losing Maelstrom,etc. This however irks me to no end.

As an out of state guest who has visited 15-20 times, I envision planning disney trips less frequently... the value of the day park experience continues to evaporate...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's still a blurring of the line between room benefits and parks benefits.

And as it turns out, the condescension didn't contribute to your point at all.
Tickets are not included in the room…therefore there should be ZERO confusion about fastpass (if they go paid) being included as it stands.

how’s the direct approach working?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Its a slippery slope. At what point does an attraction become impossible to ride without a Fastpass due to capacity being spoken for by paid FastPass reservations or a new ride opening as Fastpass-only?

That's the point where you're back to opening day 1971... what you get for your admission price is the ability to wander the grounds and watch any streetmosphere actors. Everything else is an additional charge.

disreport

Not sure if you noticed but the "regualr" lines are not moving more quickly.....

they did not move

they took over 2 hours

it was AWFUL

Yes. After being there two weeks ago, I'm convinced Disney has lost the institutional knowledge of through-putting folks through queues. Fastpass was a crutch, but one I severely miss.

drizgirl

Tickets are not included in the room…therefore there should be ZERO confusion about fastpass (if they go paid) being included as it stands.

how’s the direct approach working?
I'm not arguing "should". I'm arguing the reality of what direction Disney is heading. They are crossing a line they previously had not crossed.

fgmnt

I was thinking this today with something like Premier Access, you really need more people-eating B, C and D tickets that aren't under the paid umbrella to help spread the crowds.
This was needed 10+ years ago but, well, here we are...

The E ticket attraction cost to functional operational capacity ratio has spiraled into an institutional failure. I can't cite this on the fly, but hasn't the big ticket Avengers ride gone back to the drawing board because this problem finally became too obvious to ignore?

DHS' operational capacity has been hampered by being a park full of things longer in the tooth than an average confessional representative's service time.

I still, to this day, find the cancellation of Main Street Theater to be a bigger mistake for MK than the addition of Tron, because it was actually what you should be spending money on MK on: people eating.

I really don't want to relitigate FLE 7 years later, but taking out a ride and replacing it with a meet and greet is a level of misunderstanding of the core product that rivals larger scale faceplants in P&R over the last decade and a half.

Granted, if you perceive the ultimate goal of WDW to be an ATM for low effort executive compensation, they nailed it.

DisneyDodo

This was needed 10+ years ago but, well, here we are...

The E ticket attraction cost to functional operational capacity ratio has spiraled into an institutional failure. I can't cite this on the fly, but hasn't the big ticket Avengers ride gone back to the drawing board because this problem finally became too obvious to ignore?

DHS' operational capacity has been hampered by being a park full of things longer in the tooth than an average confessional representative's service time.

I still, to this day, find the cancellation of Main Street Theater to be a bigger mistake for MK than the addition of Tron, because it was actually what you should be spending money on MK on: people eating.

I really don't want to relitigate FLE 7 years later, but taking out a ride and replacing it with a meet and greet is a level of misunderstanding of the core product that rivals larger scale faceplants in P&R over the last decade and a half.

Granted, if you perceive the ultimate goal of WDW to be an ATM for low effort executive compensation, they nailed it.
I agree that they need more capacity, but I don't think the MK theater would have addressed that to the degree you're suggesting. There's an upper bound to the amount of time most guests will spend watching shows. Most of the theaters have excess capacity. Adding more theater capacity will primarily just draw people out of those half-empty theaters (ETR, CBJ, etc.) into the new shiny one. What they really need (especially in the non-MK parks) is more rides: C- & D-ticket people eating rides that can help draw people off the lines for the E-tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom