FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinker of Things

For two parks and I am sure most large families are not paying that. Try that at WDW's four parks and it is a non-starter.
Universal has three parks that offer a product for skip the line access. While one is a water park, even that has an “all attractions” express pass option that is at $109.99 (looking at same day pricing). People pay it. There’s demand-based pricing for their product.

Not all, but those that want the convenience of skipping the lines, most certainly will. A guest may not purchase it at all four parks, some may purchase it at one or a few, and others won’t purchase it at all.

People have proven time and time again that they’ll/we’ll pay for convenience. Aside from the other parks skip the line products, other products/services that prove this are Instacart, DoorDash, toll roads, TSA Precheck, Clear, and the list goes on and on.

Lil Copter Cap

That’s the standard retail approach. So you are correct.

for damn near 20 years I’ve sat and watched hundreds of posters ask why they shouldn’t do this in Disney parks?
Well now we get to see the results of that debate. In real time. Across the board.
We are in for a wild time. I've actively seen this happen with favorite retail company and it's utterly disgraceful.

When we get into experiences and themed entertainment, I do personally believe there is only so much pushing you can do before it impacts satisfaction. I can't see this ending well for Disney Parks, at least in the US.

GimpYancIent

Wdw cannot run without a crowd management system now….the attendance outpaced their capacity/flexibility long ago…

so it’s important to everyone in the park…even if you don’t use it.

the parks are dependent on crowd control have been for 10-20 years
Crowd control? 50 / 50 on any success in that. An opportunity to fleece guests of $$$$ yes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Universal has three parks that offer a product for skip the line access. While one is a water park, even that has an “all attractions” express pass option that is at $109.99 (looking at same day pricing). People pay it. There’s demand-based pricing for their product.

Not all, but those that want the convenience of skipping the lines, most certainly will. A guest may not purchase it at all four parks, some may purchase it at one or a few, and others won’t purchase it at all.

People have proven time and time again that they’ll/we’ll pay for convenience. Aside from the other parks skip the line products, other products/services that prove this are Instacart, DoorDash, toll roads, TSA Precheck, Clear, and the list goes on and on.
There is no comparison between Disney parks and doordash

and I caution doing it even with universal…

when an average length is 3 days…as compared to 5-7…the economics of said pay as you go change dramatically.

GimpYancIent

It has nothing to do with fastpass. Disney can close the standby line any time they choose to do so, to move people over to the paid-only option. So no, "just stand in line" won't always be an option.

Understand the potential problem now?
Yep! Successful crowd control! The guests will begin choosing to exercise another option and go somewhere else.

CaptainAmerica

What push has Chapek implemented that increased revenue that DIS then walked back due to customer backlash? I honestly don’t know, maybe there is an instance. But I can’t think of any off hand.
I was thinking more cost cutting than revenue-generating, and nothing major, just a lot of little things. Maintenance schedules, custodial staffing levels (all staffing levels, really), frequency of bus service, etc.

ImperfectPixie

We are in for a wild time. I've actively seen this happen with favorite retail company and it's utterly disgraceful.

When we get into experiences and themed entertainment, I do personally believe there is only so much pushing you can do before it impacts satisfaction. I can't see this ending well for Disney Parks, at least in the US.
I've been saying they're shooting themselves in the foot for a while now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Satisfaction is no longer relevant. It’s a straight quarterlies operation with transient management. I see the Praets are now bringing up “satisfaction” as if it’s the magic bullet all of the Sudden. So cutthroat capitalism was ok when you Jack the prices of things 200-300%in a decade…but now customer service rankings are the projection/shield?

that Dutch door hurts if you let it hit you hard enough 😎

Crowd control? 50 / 50 on any success in that. An opportunity to fleece guests of $$$$ yes.
Two different issues….they have to have crowd control in normal attendance now. Normal…not just New Year’s Eve.

they have similar attraction capacity with 55 mil gate clicks that they did at 40 when dak opened…math is unforgiving.

profiting off it? Different story…they’ll be relentless in that.

ful capacity without an effective flow system will be a complete boondoggle. Can’t just make believe it’s 1998.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What push has Chapek implemented that increased revenue that DIS then walked back due to customer backlash? I honestly don’t know, maybe there is an instance. But I can’t think of any off hand.
Nothing…even “bumps” were tactical retreats followed by strategic victories on the second try

after hours being that easy one to point.

almost had it…failed.

wedenterprises

I have heard of these and they are brutal. I have also heard of them being even more expensive. I got my Express Pass, the last time I stayed at Universal with my hotel reservations. (I stayed at the Portofino)
I commented recently about WDW creating benefits for on-site guests out of thin air (early mornings, and late evenings for DVC/Deluxe). With the removal of Magical Express they have to keep this trend going.

Therefore I'd expect to see some "Free" paid FPs for on-site guests. It would cost Disney nothing aside from making off-site guests pay or wait in lines.

G00fyDad

I commented recently about WDW creating benefits for on-site guests out of thin air (early mornings, and late evenings for DVC/Deluxe). With the removal of Magical Express they have to keep this trend going.

Therefore I'd expect to see some "Free" paid FPs for on-site guests. It would cost Disney nothing aside from making off-site guests pay or wait in lines.

Exactly. Give those of us with a booked package some free FP's then charge everyone off-property and everyone on the "day of" each day. They would make stupid amounts of money still.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I can’t see it.

Wall Street won’t tolerate them giving away profits for free…even in one segment of a huge operation

Lil Copter Cap

I keep seeing people with the wishful thinking that their spectacularly overpriced rooms are gonna save them from paying for rides…but that is completely counterintuitive.
If one strips everything down to the question: Why stay on property? The answer is quite literally...because it's on property. People will pay to stay in the bubble. And Disney knows this. Why entice anyone to stay at a Disney hotel if they can already fill rooms year after year? Yes, one can argue that they've provided perks in the past...but why is that do you think?

It's not more money = more perks

It's more money = you get what you pay for

**Edit to say that I don't agree with this mentality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom