Fastpass + Magic Band?

Disney Fanatic 29

Original Poster
I have heard that Disney is unveiling a new fastpass system in which you will be able to pick the rides you want to go on before arriving in Disney and the fastpasses will now be sent to your smartphone instead of the paper tickets. I have already downloaded the My Disney Experience app for my phone but I don't see anything about the fastpasses. Does anyone know about this or when they are supposedly going to enact this?

kashmir

I have heard that Disney is unveiling a new fastpass system in which you will be able to pick the rides you want to go on before arriving in Disney and the fastpasses will now be sent to your smartphone instead of the paper tickets. I have already downloaded the My Disney Experience app for my phone but I don't see anything about the fastpasses. Does anyone know about this or when they are supposedly going to enact this?
Voluntary testing is going on right now - opt-in or keep Kttw card instead as before.

PUSH

I see you're new here so welcome to the forums!

There are numerous threads about the Fast Pass+ (FP+) on these boards. Perhaps you could do a search which is located in the upper right hand corner of the web page. Here is a link with a lot of info on FP+ and the Magic Bands:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...h-starts-to-appear.857948/page-6#post-5266127

As of right now nobody knows many specific details, and I doubt Disney knows everything as of yet.

PS - I notice you have a very long signature, perhaps you could put your trip dates side by side instead of in a vertical list. Just makes it easier to scroll around the forums.

Again, welcome to the boards! :)

RonAnnArbor

Just to reiterate -- NOTHING is set in stone right now -- I was a beta tester of the RFID fastpass+ system a few weeks ago -- the focus group I attended afterward had nothing but complaints across the board about the new system -- don't expect anything official to be announced for awhile until they really figure out how it will work.

GrumpyFan

Just to reiterate -- NOTHING is set in stone right now -- I was a beta tester of the RFID fastpass+ system a few weeks ago -- the focus group I attended afterward had nothing but complaints across the board about the new system -- don't expect anything official to be announced for awhile until they really figure out how it will work.

Right, everything is still in Beta test mode right now, with lots of kinks to be worked out. The MyDisney Experience app is also part of all this and it's still evolving and being tweaked as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom