Fastpass+ for students on school trip

Gravydeen

Original Poster
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I can't find it. My daughter is going to Disney next week on a school trip. They will not get there tickets from the teacher until they go on the trip so she can not do anything with Fastpass+ in advance. What will she be able to do to get Fastpasses? I know the system is no more but i see their are Kiosks in the park of some kind. How are these different than the old. Is a 13 year old going to be able to figure out how to use this? Also, with several girls in her group will they be able to get Fastpass times in the same time window since they are not linked in any way? Most of the forum talk about the new system is discussing the feature of getting them in advance which she cannot do.

JohnD

If they are getting tickets same-day, then they use the kiosks to schedule their three FP+s in advance. I would pick a kiosk away from the front entrance (one's at the front entrance tend to have the largest lines) and have a group leader go up to talk to a CM staffing the kiosk first to determine the best way to schedule the FP+s without distrupting other guests. Maybe the CM can dedicate one kiosk for the group and have each person in the group stand in line and go one-by-one scheduling their FP+s. It's going to require some coordination, I'm sure, but with a CM helping, you'll get it worked out.

Rob562

Presumably it won't be an entire group of 50-100 students all making the same FP+ reservations. If it's like my niece's band trip, you'd have the large group break up into smaller groups of 5-8 people.

In that case, the group can go to a kiosk, scan all of the tickets and then make FP+ choices for everyone together. A CM will be able to help them, if needed. I'd suggest they agree ahead of time what attractions they want to go for and then have an appointed "leader" be the one doing the work on the kiosk. (I have visions of 9 tween girls huddled around a kiosk all yelling "I want to go on Big Thunder!" "No, we should ride Haunted Mansion!")

If your daughter and her friends are tech savvy and she'll have a smartphone, she and her friends could all set up profiles on MyDisney Experience.com and link to each other as Friends. Once they get their tickets, they should probably be able to scan them and link them to their profiles. Then they would have access to making advance FP+ choices all together on the phone.

Alternately, if not everyone wants to/can set up their own profiles, someone could be the "leader" and set up "managed by them" profiles under their account, link all the tickets and handle the job of making all FP+ choices for the group.

If they can't link their tickets, then all they've done is wasted a little time setting up the profiles.
If they *can* link the tickets, then they'll be in a great position to make their lives much easier in the parks.

-Rob

LindaG

I am a teacher who takes a group every year after school is out. I have been told that right now, the tickets they sell to groups will not yet work on the fast pass+ system. I am of course, very unhappy about this and hope they will fix this problem soon. If anyone has experience with this, I'd love to hear.

Gravydeen

Original Poster
Well that would really stink but I don't doubt it. I wonder if they will let you buy the magicbands if the tickets themselves don't work or if they simply don't want you to have that perk?

HRHPrincessAriel

I am a teacher who takes a group every year after school is out. I have been told that right now, the tickets they sell to groups will not yet work on the fast pass+ system. I am of course, very unhappy about this and hope they will fix this problem soon. If anyone has experience with this, I'd love to hear.
Ditto. I have a friend that took her dance team over spring break and this was the case.

Gravydeen

Original Poster
If these group tickets are not compatible with FP+, I wonder if you can go to a CM in the park and ask for help on getting fastpasses and get them some alternate way. Doesn't all the Disney information indicate they are available for all ticket holders? There may be some fine print (there is always fine print) that gives them a way out though.

LindaG

I did contact Disney and after a few emails was told I now could set up fast passes using group tickets. I was able to enter the students into MDE and at 30 days out I scheduled their fast passes. Worked really well, so they must have worked out any kinks.

ninjaprincesst

We just went with my daughters band during spring break through the Disney fine arts program and our tickets worked for fastpass. We did not get them till we arrived but we were able to make fatpass that day at the kiosk

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom