Fastpass + for parades?

Tayles

Original Poster
I saw parades when i was making my FP+ selections..my question is why would you need a FP+ for this?? i have always been able to just walk up and find a spot and watch the parade. has this changed in the last 5 yrs??

SAV

No it hasn't. It's a way to reserve your prime spot without waiting. To some people that is a good use of a FP+. I consider it a waste of one.

Tayles

Original Poster
No it hasn't. It's a way to reserve your prime spot without waiting. To some people that is a good use of a FP+. I consider it a waste of one.
THANKS SAV!! i didnt want to use up a fast pass for this, but also didnt want to miss the parade!!

disfan411

Just curious, is the parade and fireworks only offered to certain people? The parades and fireworks were never an option for my FP+ picks.

cw1982

They are offered to everyone but usually only a week or so out from the day of the show. So if you weren't checking back close to your trip, you may have just not seen it.

disfan411

Yes I am a resort guest. I booked my FP+ at the 60 day mark and have made changes since but the parade and fireworks were never an option. They don't show up at all.

lebeau

They show up sometime around day 30. No one has figured out exactly how it works. Sometimes it shows up before the 30 day mark. Sometimes closer to 20 days. I understand this is done to allow Disney the flexibility to adjust their park hours according to projected attendance which would obviously impact parade and fireworks times.

JohnD

I think it's good but only if you've been to that park several times and would't mind giving up a FP+ for a ride for the parade instead. On 5/31, I have a FP+ for FoF which puts me right in the hub. It will be my first time seeing it and I've already been in MK many times in the last year.

DizneyPryncess

We used a FP for MSEP last week, and it was well worth it. I don't like to stake out spots well in advance, which is why I've never sat front row for any of the shows. It was DD2's first MSEP, and I thought she would love it. It was one of our favorite things that we did. We got in the line for FP people at 8:30 for the 9:00 parade, and sat right in front of the castle along the rope. We loved not having to wait for that spot for very long! And DD's reaction was priceless - she was so excited about every float & character. I'd definitely do it again. :)

Kuzcotopia

They show up sometime around day 30. No one has figured out exactly how it works. Sometimes it shows up before the 30 day mark. Sometimes closer to 20 days. I understand this is done to allow Disney the flexibility to adjust their park hours according to projected attendance which would obviously impact parade and fireworks times.

Making my FP+ reservations in about two weeks. . . once they're done, then I really don't want to go back and check everyday. However. . . we do want that parade.

How early should I start to get back on and check? Also, have they been "selling out" early? Are they usually available on the same day?

Questions, questions. . .

lebeau

Making my FP+ reservations in about two weeks. . . once they're done, then I really don't want to go back and check everyday. However. . . we do want that parade.

How early should I start to get back on and check? Also, have they been "selling out" early? Are they usually available on the same day?

Questions, questions. . .

Around day 30. Maybe a week before if you want to be cautious.

My experience was that they did not sell out right away. But FoF does fill up. We have a group of 4. But on the day we wanted to watch FoF, we're meeting up with 2 friends who are locals. Since they are not onsite guests, we had to link up our accounts which took a little time. About 28 days out, we linked one of the accounts and FoF was still available. 3 days later, we were able to link his wife's account. At that point, FoF was not available. However, I kept checking and eventually I was able to get it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom