Fastpass+ and kid swapping??

I’m a little confused by this system. Was this the intent of the system, or a product of the fact that CM’s don’t know whether you waited in the regular line or the FP+ line when you are exiting the ride? If you receive the rider swap voucher (or whatever you get), while progressing through the FP line, why would they not ensure all in the party who are planning to ride have a FP? Not a big deal to me, just curious about the setup and reasoning behind it.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I’m a little confused by this system. Was this the intent of the system, or a product of the fact that CM’s don’t know whether you waited in the regular line or the FP+ line when you are exiting the ride? If you receive the rider swap voucher (or whatever you get), while progressing through the FP line, why would they not ensure all in the party who are planning to ride have a FP? Not a big deal to me, just curious about the setup and reasoning behind it.
The reason is so parents don't have to wait in a possible hour plus line twice to ride when they have a child that can't ride. Disney won't let children who are too short enter the line so the family can't wait together then pass off the too short child to the other parent at the load/ unload point. You have to wait outside the line so the came up with pass to keep parents who already waited from having to wait again. Instead they get to go through

That makes sense, and seems to be the way it would and should work if someone is waiting in the standby line. I don't understand Disney not requiring all parties to have a FP if they are all going to get the benefit what seems to be basically all using the FP line (one parent uses a FP, the other waits until parent A returns and then goes through what I think is basically the FP entrance). Not a big deal, but definitely seems to be a good way to double your FP's.

Joey Jurado

This is kind of a silly question, but how will this work? I have 3 adults, 5 year old and 1 year old. Say if I want to do splash mountain, will I need to get 4 fastpasses? How will kid swapping work with this? I know we can not take the baby on any of these type of rides but the other 4 will want to do all of these. Maybe I am overthinking the whole issue? 14 Days to Go!:D
get 2 fast passes for each ride you want, 2 of you will ride it with the fast pass and at that time ask for a child swap pass, then the other 2 can ride it and even 1 of the people who already went on the ride can go once again, you will not need fast pass for all 4. so in other words, you have twice the fast passes! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom