Fast Past Selection

Ricap

Original Poster
We only have two days in the park (with park hopper passes) and we're trying to fit in everything we can. We have about 2 rides in each park that are a must. Would it be smartest to use the fast passes in the afternoon and get there first thing for the morning? How bad are the lines at 8 am?

mouse_luv

We only have two days in the park (with park hopper passes) and we're trying to fit in everything we can. We have about 2 rides in each park that are a must. Would it be smartest to use the fast passes in the afternoon and get there first thing for the morning? How bad are the lines at 8 am?
It depends when you're going.

KrzyKtty

IDK, I definitely think you should consider rope drop. Then it may be smarter to use your fast passes early morning at the first park. That way when you transfer you can select a 4th, 5th, and so on.

Play around with the free option on touringplans.com and see what they recommend?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Sad to say, FP+ has definitely changed the dynamics of rope drop, and various iterations combined with park hopping can get very complex. I suggest you see the site by one-who-shall-not-be-named-but-which-rhymes-with-posh for some guidelines on how to maximize your inter-park FP+ strategies.

matt9112

A common basic tip is to rope drop one of the biggest rides (wait wise) and FP+ other ones. An example would be rope dropping test track and having a FP+ for soaring. In the MK rope dropping Peter Pan is almost a no brainer.

No idea if you like splash or big thunder but if you March right to both you can often jump right on each. Than back track to pirates. Unless it's super busy this bangs out all three easily.

Schneewittchen

In my experience, you can usually do 3 or so rides in the first hour after rope drop. We tend to save Fastpasses and shows for the busy hours between lunch and dinner, 1 pm - 5 pm.

matt9112

Thanks Matt! Splash and Big Thunder are two of my favorites. We'll try that.

No problem we do that at park opening on a regular basis. Remeber this is null in void if you go during the insanely busy periods. But most people flock to Fantasyland. Granted a power walk anywhere in the park will get you to walk on anything except Peter Pan and seven dwarfs. We have annual passes and often leave the MK at 2pm because crowds suck but the morning is really fun.

DfromATX

A common basic tip is to rope drop one of the biggest rides (wait wise) and FP+ other ones. An example would be rope dropping test track and having a FP+ for soaring. In the MK rope dropping Peter Pan is almost a no brainer.

No idea if you like splash or big thunder but if you March right to both you can often jump right on each. Than back track to pirates. Unless it's super busy this bangs out all three easily.

That's exactly what we did for MK. Fast Pass for 7DMT at 10:00, rode Pooh and Peter Pan first (cause I refuse to FP those or wait a long time), and everything else in FL before 10:00. Worked out great!

We were there at Christmas this past year. Every day we would get to a Park right at opening and, without exception, we could easily walk onto 2-3 rides with no waiting. That included New Years Eve. If you don't mind getting up early and being there at rope drop, you really can bang out a few attractions and save your FP+ for later. Exceptions to this would be Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Soarin, Frozen Ever After, and Toy Story Midway Mania. I'd say get FP for them whenever you can.

JIMINYCR

We have had good luck with getting in on rope drop, jumping on those light line early rides BUT we make those FP late morning closer to noon instead of in the late afternoons. Using up the FP+ allows you to add another choice later on and Ive found the choices you are then offered later in the afternoons get scarcer and scarcer. Definitely target your most wanted things early on.

JillC LI

We were there in January at a relatively uncrowded time. The strategy that worked great for us was to arrive at rope drop (or better yet, early EMH), bang out as many rides as we could on standby, then have our FP+s begin at 10am so that we could book more for the afternoon after finishing the first three.

BASS

Are Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain the two must-dos? If so, I'd skip FP for those two and do rope drop instead. I think most folks tend to go straight to Fantasy Land at rope drop so you have a good chance of being able to do both with minimal wait times if you go first thing. If, on the other hand, you wanted to do the 7 Dwarves roller coaster, a FP is probably a better option than being there at rope drop.

I'd save the FPs for attractions after 9:30 am.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom