Fast Pass Trick?

Jughead

Does this still work? I will try this out with a few cards on my next visit.

And by the sounds of some posters on here I will burn in hell as I have taken my 2 year old into BBB, told by the front desk in PO to say she was underage so I didn't have to pay for a ticket and golly gosh parked in the monorail resorts for years and stayed all day in the parks. Funnily enough I always came back in the fast pass window unlike some.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Does this still work? I will try this out with a few cards on my next visit.

And by the sounds of some posters on here I will burn in hell as I have taken my 2 year old into BBB, told by the front desk in PO to say she was underage so I didn't have to pay for a ticket and golly gosh parked in the monorail resorts for years and stayed all day in the parks. Funnily enough I always came back in the fast pass window unlike some.

You just don't get it...

See, here's the issue. It's not that you will burn in hell...it's that as more people use the internet and more people become aware of these things, they start abusing the system.

And what once, was magical, is no longer magical, in fact, it becomes an operational nightmare for Disney.

So, what do they do? They place enforcement mechanisms on it. Sometimes operational, many times technological (read up on RFID for resort mug refills...to prevent losses from guests bringing back mugs or using cups from their rooms)...

THAT is what makes them divert resources from salaries/training/making magical new experiences, to enforcement mechanisms which do the exact opposite. And that's because people don't seem to care to respect the rules.

This doesn't sound like a big deal on the small scale (what is an extra mug of cheap soda cost them if I use my room cup or old mug?), but when you compound it by the volume of Guests, it's a very real number to them, and rightfully so.

They set up a system with rules for a reason. If you cheat the system, you break the system. And if enough people do so, they re-examine the system. And now your fun little "cheat" is gone, and everyone suffers.

Jughead

You just don't get it...

See, here's the issue. It's not that you will burn in hell...it's that as more people use the internet and more people become aware of these things, they start abusing the system.

And what once, was magical, is no longer magical, in fact, it becomes an operational nightmare for Disney.

So, what do they do? They place enforcement mechanisms on it. Sometimes operational, many times technological (read up on RFID for resort mug refills...to prevent losses from guests bringing back mugs or using cups from their rooms)...

THAT is what makes them divert resources from salaries/training/making magical new experiences, to enforcement mechanisms which do the exact opposite. And that's because people don't seem to care to respect the rules.

This doesn't sound like a big deal on the small scale (what is an extra mug of cheap soda cost them if I use my room cup or old mug?), but when you compound it by the volume of Guests, it's a very real number to them, and rightfully so.

They set up a system with rules for a reason. If you cheat the system, you break the system. And if enough people do so, they re-examine the system. And now your fun little "cheat" is gone, and everyone suffers.

I get it 100%. I hope more people learn of all the "cheats" and they shut them all down. The only way to do that is get more than a few using these cheats so that they notice and see they are either losing money or having a lot of complaints.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I get it 100%. I hope more people learn of all the "cheats" and they shut them all down. The only way to do that is get more than a few using these cheats so that they notice and see they are either losing money or having a lot of complaints.

I...think that's a terrible statement to make. That merely invites a terrible form of management.

The LAST think you want is management focused on losses.

It means that people who think about how to save a penny instead of making a buck are rewarded.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It's the way it works nowadays sadly. Just look at GAC and the new procedures coming into effect and you will see that is how WDW operates.

No, it's not the "way it works nowadays"...

It's because people who are asshats, act like asshats...the difference is that at one point, the rest of society TOLD them they were asshats, and shunned them appropriately. The SAD thing is that it wasn't that long ago.

Ariel Savage

Those machines sometimes issue FP looking slips but they say that they are not valid. Was it possible that this is what you got?

Yes, I've seen that happen before when it wasn't time for me to have a new fastpass yet. It seems like the computers are able to keep track of who you are and what fastpasses you already have in your hand, so I really wonder how this is happening with materials that the computer isn't really "reading." Hmmm...

Goofyernmost

Yes, I've seen that happen before when it wasn't time for me to have a new fastpass yet. It seems like the computers are able to keep track of who you are and what fastpasses you already have in your hand, so I really wonder how this is happening with materials that the computer isn't really "reading." Hmmm...
Just some more Disney magic, I presume! :rolleyes:

thomas998

Quite possible that the card reader reads number on the magnetic strip of the non-Disney card, compares it to other numbers in the system that have been issued a fast pass and doesn't bother to verify if it was a number used to enter the park... So it is possible that when you use a non-Disney care that your number gets into their system and wont be able to be used else where unless the normal time window has passed... And aren't there still some machines on the grounds that aren't hooked up to the whole system? I thought for a while there was a list of specific fastpass machines that weren't linked and would give out a pass regardless of whether it should have based on fastpass usage at other machines in the park.

thomas998

You just don't get it...

I really don't think they are diverting money from salaries/training/etc to enforce rules. They may have to spend more on something but business normally operate by simply looking at what costs they are incurring... in your example they look at the cost of people getting cokes they don't pay for and the lost revenue of refillable cups that they aren't selling. Next they look at the cost of putting a new system in place that will eliminate that flaw in the system, if the cost of the new system is less than the money they are losing then they do it... But the business unit that looks into things like that isn't going to be the same one that overseas salaries/training/rides/whatever.... The reason they have less training lower salaries and fewer rides is that Disney is trying to make as much money as possible and spend as little as possible... Even if they suddenly started making 50% more profit over night they wouldn't automatically put any of that new found wealth in the operations of the park. It would be nice if Disney did that type of things from a consumers' perspective but as a shareholder I don't want them to spend a dime more than they have to.

joanna71985

Quite possible that the card reader reads number on the magnetic strip of the non-Disney card, compares it to other numbers in the system that have been issued a fast pass and doesn't bother to verify if it was a number used to enter the park... So it is possible that when you use a non-Disney care that your number gets into their system and wont be able to be used else where unless the normal time window has passed... And aren't there still some machines on the grounds that aren't hooked up to the whole system? I thought for a while there was a list of specific fastpass machines that weren't linked and would give out a pass regardless of whether it should have based on fastpass usage at other machines in the park.

The ones for TST (not sure if it's still the same for Dumbo)

Kobe!!

Some machines will take any card and spit out a Fast Pass, but most only accept the ticket you entered with. There are just a handful of kiosks that do this, you just have to be lucky. I have another way to get them, but I actually got caught doing this years ago, and I'm not sure of it works now. Anyway: there is a button on the back of the Fast Pass kiosk that Cast Members use when the kiosks stop accepting tickets. Simply push the small button and a Fast Pass will be distributed. Now I highly doubt this works anymore but you can try. I wouldn't recommend doing it.
You need to have the master key for the machine as well for this to work...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom