Fantsasmic and Star Wars Fireworks, possible to see both with a good view?

iubigman

So for our upcoming trip (56 days away but who's counting....), we have Fantasmic Dinner Package booked on Saturday 8/27. Show hours haven't been posted yet of course, but assuming 45 mins between start times of Fantasmic and the fireworks, would we have any chance of getting to a spot with a decent view of the projections?

Rob562

I thought times were being adjusted so that there were only 30 minutes between Fantasmic and the fireworks. That would mean that the fireworks would start 5 minutes after the end of Fantasmic and you'd probably still be in the amphitheater when they start.

But if there are indeed 45 mintues between the start time of Fantasmic and the start time of the fireworks, you can probably get to a spot on Sunset Blvd to see the fireworks, but it'll be impossible to get anywhere where you'd get a good view of the Chinese Theater projections.

I haven't been to the park yet to see the fireworks from the new launch site, but looking at Google Maps and based on the geometry.... If you can get to Sunset Blvd, stand at the main entrance to the Beauty and the Beast theater. You should be able to at least see the fireworks portion of the show behind Sunset Ranch Market. If you can't get very far out of the Fantasmic area, see if they'll let you get over to where the Standby holding area is for the Fantasmic theater (over near where stroller parking is). That plaza is almost a direct line to the new launch site. (They may not allow you over here after the show though, especially if there's a second show's worth of people lining up to get in)

-Rob

Upvote 0

iubigman

Original Poster
I haven't even considered that they would do away with it. I know that for the days we are there it isn't currently appearing on the calendar, but was expecting it to be added about a month or so out. With Star Wars being as popular as it has ever been right now, I just don't see them removing this from the schedule.

Thanks Rob for the thoughts, that was in line with my thinking as well. We will just have to plan on going a different night in order to make sure we see it from the best view.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom