Fantasyland Aerials?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I think that the thing that makes me happiest out of all of this is the number of trees in both areas. I guess I knew they could pull off a convincing area, but somehow doubted the "forest" in "Fantasyland Forest" would really come to be. The trees in both areas are going to add such atmosphere.

KCheatle

AWESOME!!! I'm so happy to see they are paving the bridge to the BatB section! That, to me, means they can't be too far from done there (they wouldn't be driving trucks and things over it at this point anyway). SO FUN to watch the progress! Thanks Scuttle!!!

NewfieFan

Meet and greet exit thru the store would be a reasonable assumption...

You're probably right!

The paving work around Beauty and the Beast is the most interesting. I wonder if the timeframe for the restaurant is earlier than Mermaid.

I was wondering the same thing! It certainly looks like that area is closer to being ready than TLM.

I'm also curious as to what they're doing next to the carousel!?!

Oh, and thanks Scuttle!

nepalostparks

2. What are they doing next to the carousel, can anyone make it out?
I'm also curious as to what they're doing next to the carousel!?!

The area that is closed off around/behind the carousel has moved a few times in the last month - they are replacing sections of the concrete walkway one at a time. It also looks like they are raising them higher than they were before behind the carousel towards the new castle walls. There is a small but sharp incline (maybe 8 to 12 inches) from the old section to the new section on the side that was finished between the carousel and the (former) Snow White ride that I noticed two or three weeks ago when I was there.

rioriz

I could be wrong but the back circular saeting in SBC with the round concrete in the middle looks ripe for a podium for circus acts and such. The back tent would seem to make sense as a QS location.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I could be wrong but the back circular saeting in SBC with the round concrete in the middle looks ripe for a podium for circus acts and such. The back tent would seem to make sense as a QS location.

Another interesting thing about that area, if you look at the picture of the D23 model posted earlier in this thread you can see a very small blue tent in front of the yellow one. The might correspond with the round piece of concrete right next to the man-lift in this picture:

disneyaerials6-13-12014.jpg

tdpolo26

so when do you guys think the temp walls will come down.....I am starting to wonder if they will take the walls down or move them back so that guests can look around a bit but the entrances to the ride and castle are closed. I started thinking about this because some of the gift shops and gastons should be done shortly and can start to become money makers.
i wish they would do some interior picks to BATB and let us see what is done and what is not. The pic of the library makes it look like that is looking to be in good shape. i really am a bit suprised we havent seen anything isnt there a dishonest contruction guy out there that wants to go against his contract and give us some pics lol.
I at least hope that when they finish the castle walls they use those. They are much more attractive and would add to the area theming a bit.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
so when do you guys think the temp walls will come down.....I am starting to wonder if they will take the walls down or move them back so that guests can look around a bit but the entrances to the ride and castle are closed. I started thinking about this because some of the gift shops and gastons should be done shortly and can start to become money makers.
i wish they would do some interior picks to BATB and let us see what is done and what is not. The pic of the library makes it look like that is looking to be in good shape. i really am a bit suprised we havent seen anything isnt there a dishonest contruction guy out there that wants to go against his contract and give us some pics lol.
I at least hope that when they finish the castle walls they use those. They are much more attractive and would add to the area theming a bit.

I think it's still going to be quite a while before the walls come down. I am guessing that the interiors of the attractions and stores are probably further along then the exterior areas which have to be finished before they can take the walls down. They also don't seem to be making the castle wall a priority which is another thing that has to be complete before they can try to open the area.

Scuttle

Not to me, I have expected it. Sounds like the FLE is the hit of 2013 in Orlando.

Only because that's the only substantial thing being added. Antartica will be pretty cool, but nothing in comparison to FL, especially in size.

alissafalco

Here's what the Fantasyland model looks like for it (upper left corner is the tent in question)

6_2_12_004.JPG

First, Thanks so much Scuttle!! I LOVE your updates!! What is the small blue tent going to be? It's infront of the big yellow tent in this pic. Is that just some sort of a rest area? or a concesssion stand?

meyeet

Looks like the blue tent might be a shade cover for an area to sit and eat? I thought I saw or remember someone saying the yellow tent was quick service dining so it would make sense to me.

nepalostparks

First, Thanks so much Scuttle!! I LOVE your updates!! What is the small blue tent going to be? It's infront of the big yellow tent in this pic. Is that just some sort of a rest area? or a concesssion stand?

There hasn't been anything official, or even any strong rumors as to what the blue tent (or the larger yellow one) are going to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom