Fantasy - Lunch on Embarkation Day?

Bolna

Original Poster
I am currently stuck in my local Starbucks waiting for the deluge to stop, so it's the best time to start obsessing about little details on your possibly next cruise...

So here is my question:

What is your recommendation for lunch on the first day on the Fantasy?

So far I have only been on the Wonder and we ate at Parrot Cay both times. We liked having a table assigned to us and a server bringing us the drinks when we were bogged down with our carry ons. so the slightly smaller offerings as compared to BeachBlanket seemed to be worth it for the gain in comfort. But then after everything I have read, Cabanas seems far more spacious and it appears as if Enchanted Garden is considerably smaller in offerings than Cabanas?

So what is your recommendation?

DISNEY FANTASY

Cabanas I went there both times on my two cruises, there is just so much food, really great selection and you want to be on the top deck near the pools.

Bolna

Original Poster
Cabanas I went there both times on my two cruises, there is just so much food, really great selection and you want to be on the top deck near the pools.

I really have no need to be close to a pool when I am eating lunch. :cool: But I do like the sound of a very large selection of food!

But I would love to hear from someone who has been to both options and can give me a comparison!

Go to both!

:D

I am just afraid I will then start my cruise feeling like this: :hungover:

wogwog

I really have no need to be close to a pool when I am eating lunch. :cool: But I do like the sound of a very large selection of food!

But I would love to hear from someone who has been to both options and can give me a comparison!

:D

I am just afraid I will then start my cruise feeling like this: :hungover:
Cabanas has indoor and outdoor seating. Outdoor can be near the pool or on the rear deck outside of Cabanas far from the pools. It is a lot better layout and roomy inside or outside than Magic and Wonder. Since it is larger than the smaller ships the food selection is even greater. They do not have seating with full wait staff service for embarkation lunch. But the staff in Cabanas are happy to bring your drinks or you can self serve. Enchanted Garden has more limited food selection due to size and has no view. Do Cabanas.

ChuckElias

For my family, the choice depends on the weather (regardless of ship). If it's a nice day, we eat outside at Cabana's (or Beach Blanket Buffet). If it's raining or cold, we choose the "sit-down" indoor dining.

There is definitely a larger selection at Cabana's, but it can also be pretty hectic. First time cruisers have no idea how to navigate Cabana's and it can make it a little difficult to move around. On the other hand, we've never been disappointed with our sit-down lunch and the "luxury" of being waited on can be a nice respite from the hustle and bustle of embarkation day.

If it makes any difference, we have many more memorable stories from buffet lunches than we do from sit-down lunches on our first day. (There was the time a woman got up for something to drink and a seagull landed with two feet IN her dish and started eating her lunch. There was a windy day when a poor little girl couldn't figure out to keep her own hair out of her mouth. Then there was the time in Barcelona when my wife sat down at the table, her card-holder of her lanyard landed in her cocktail sauce and then fell into her lap on her WHITE pants!! A cast member quickly ran to his own cabin and brought her a bleach stick!!)

There's no "right" answer, obviously. It will depend on what you and family enjoy.

Last edited:

ChuckElias

Embarkation Day on the Dream in 2011:

Embarkation Day on the Fantasy in 2013:

Embarkation Day on the Fantasy in 2014:

Embarkation Day on the Magic in Barcelona, 2007:

And my wife, BEFORE the "Great Cocktail Sauce Tragedy of '07":

Disneyfalcon

I always go for Parrot Cay or Enchanted Garden. It's just more relaxing to me, and I like someone to bring me cokes! :)

But having said that, it wasn't open in time for the girls cruise and we ended up in Cabanas. I liked that more than I thought I would.

sweetpee_1993

I always go for Parrot Cay or Enchanted Garden. It's just more relaxing to me, and I like someone to bring me cokes! :)

But having said that, it wasn't open in time for the girls cruise and we ended up in Cabanas. I liked that more than I thought I would.
I'm hoping we can time it so we're hitting Enchanted Garden in Sept. We can pawn it off as changing things up from last year. ;)

Sans Souci

I'm hoping we can time it so we're hitting Enchanted Garden in Sept. We can pawn it off as changing things up from last year. ;)

Yes! I am all about trying new things.

Three weeks from today, we will be on the Dream and I think I will suggest to the guys we go to the Enchanted Garden for lunch.

ETA: It's four weeks from today. My bad.

Last edited:

Bolna

Original Poster

So how much more extensive are the food offerings at Cabanas?

Bolna

Original Poster
Not a ton I didn't think, but there was more. As Wogwog said, Enchanted Garden is more limited on space.

BUT! Look at what EG has:

If that's not a good use of space I don't know what is. :)

I guess this has to be ice cream??? :p

Thanks for the info! I guess we will just do whatever we feel like and not over think it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom