Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

GLaDOS

Do you think we we will be finding them in the parks? I know UOR has the rights to HP, and this is a different trillogy, but it would be awesome.

Universal has the rights to the entire Potter franchise, including Fantastic Beasts. If the movies are hits, I would not be surprised to see them in UOR.

Yep. They're adapting a fifty page spin-off book into three full length movies. If you thought the Hobbit movie adaptions were a stretch, you're in for a big one.

Ugh...Hollywood.

Not really the same at all. The Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them book is not a story. It's a fake textbook written by Rowling as a fun sidepiece. The movies aren't adaptations of the book, they're simply sharing the name. The story is completely original and written by Rowling herself.

danpam1024

Original Poster
Universal has the rights to the entire Potter franchise, including Fantastic Beasts. If the movies are hits, I would not be surprised to see them in UOR.

Not really the same at all. The Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them book is not a story. It's a fake textbook written by Rowling as a fun sidepiece. The movies aren't adaptations of the book, they're simply sharing the name. The story is completely original and written by Rowling herself.

I can't wait to see what she dreams up next! She is a phenomenal storyteller (IMO of course!)

JediMasterMatt

The most exciting part of this spinoff is that it's been confirmed the story opens in New York. Also making news is that several non-British actors (some American) are testing for lead roles. These means we will get to see the Potterverse expand out of England. Which will give Universal a whole new universe to play in.

Phroobar

I guess this movie would let USH turn the streets of New York into a theme park area. The Studio Tour is getting shorter ever year.

leiaorgana

I read somewhere a while ago that the Magical Menagerie shop in Diagon Alley would be giving hints as to what 'fantastic beasts' would be featuring in the film.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Yep. They're adapting a fifty page spin-off book into three full length movies. If you thought the Hobbit movie adaptions were a stretch, you're in for a big one.

Ugh...Hollywood.
WB came to JK Rowling with the idea of turning The Fantastic Beasts encyclopedia into a fake documentary movie. JK said no and came back with an idea of making an adventure movie about Newt the author of the book. The only thing the little book and the movies will share is the name.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom