Fantasmic Premium Viewing and Dessert Sampler questions!

stevehousse

Original Poster
So where exactly is the seating for this? Is it worth the price to reserve seating and the dessert sampler? Exactly what is the price? It makes you call to get a price instead of including it online...

GiveMeTheMusic

The seating is off center, and instead of a dessert buffet as in prior years, you get a pre packaged box of desserts. I don't think it's worth it. It used to be when it was on the Disney Gallery balcony, which afforded a perfect view of the show. Now that the Dream Suite is in that space, they can't do the dessert experience there.

stevehousse

Original Poster
Thanks! I'll save the money spent for souvenirs!

On a side note, how is viewing fireworks back there? I know they like it that if u see Fantasmic they want u to stay back there to view the fireworks but is it possible to make it to the castle?

I only say this because when we go is when the 60th anniversary stuff is suppos to take place. Viewing last years schedule, it seems like Fantasmic is only offered on the weekends along with fireworks too.

George Lucas on a Bench

I wouldn't pay for it. Just show up a few hours earlier with the rest of the crowd camping out like homeless people along the riverbank if you want to be right there. Anywhere between the Diamond Horseshoe and French Market is prime viewing, in my opinion.

I personally like to just walk into the smoking section near The Haunted Mansion at the last second and watch the show while taking a drag.

As for making the fireworks...I want to say it's not possible. Only because they herd people all around the hub and if you're not already in the calamity of people who have camped out for the fireworks, you're in the calamity of people being herded by cast members with baby lightsabers like you're a friggin' airplane in human form on the tarmac at LAX as opposed to Disneyland. They won't let you stop and you won't be able to find a spot. Unless some there's some expert here that's pulled this off?

stevehousse

Original Poster
Well let's just hope they actually have the full line up throughout the week for the 60th festivities and not secluded to Friday, Saturday, and Sunday only. We r going from Sunday to Saturday to avoid the high level weekend crowds!

Travel Junkie

Thanks! I'll save the money spent for souvenirs!

On a side note, how is viewing fireworks back there? I know they like it that if u see Fantasmic they want u to stay back there to view the fireworks but is it possible to make it to the castle?

I only say this because when we go is when the 60th anniversary stuff is suppos to take place. Viewing last years schedule, it seems like Fantasmic is only offered on the weekends along with fireworks too.

The Fireworks viewing from F! is good for the high level fireworks and the music is piped in. You will miss anything on or just above the castle and anything on Main St. If the 60th is anything like RDCT, fireworks will be shot off everywhere from backstage, the Castle, Main St., the Matterhorn and more. From the F! viewing area you would miss some of that as it is low level. Overall though it is a good view.

It is possible but tough to get from the first F! show to Main St, to see the fireworks. It is only about 5 minutes between shows to encourage people to stay put. I wouldn’t recommend it for people unfamiliar with DLR. You would have to see the show from a certain spot, know how to navigate large crowds and know how CM’s route traffic at night. With small pathways and lots of people, DL is a struggle on weekend nights.

The better choice if you want to see the fireworks and F! the same night is watch the fireworks first, then catch the 2nd showing of F!

stevehousse

Original Poster
The Fireworks viewing from F! is good for the high level fireworks and the music is piped in. You will miss anything on or just above the castle and anything on Main St. If the 60th is anything like RDCT, fireworks will be shot off everywhere from backstage, the Castle, Main St., the Matterhorn and more. From the F! viewing area you would miss some of that as it is low level. Overall though it is a good view.

It is possible but tough to get from the first F! show to Main St, to see the fireworks. It is only about 5 minutes between shows to encourage people to stay put. I wouldn’t recommend it for people unfamiliar with DLR. You would have to see the show from a certain spot, know how to navigate large crowds and know how CM’s route traffic at night. With small pathways and lots of people, DL is a struggle on weekend nights.

The better choice if you want to see the fireworks and F! the same night is watch the fireworks first, then catch the 2nd showing of F!
Well let's just hope that they do a second showing of Fantasmic! That's sounds like a better deal!

GiveMeTheMusic

Well let's just hope that they do a second showing of Fantasmic! That's sounds like a better deal!

When Fantasmic is shown, there are almost always two shows unless there's some kind of extenuating circumstance (no parade in DL, for example). I can't even remember the last time there weren't two, so that's a safe strategy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom