Fantasmic MGM

prbiker15

Well Fantasmic! will now only be showing once or twice a week in February, but then increases performances in the transition of March - April..rest? :shrug:

etpinge

Spring Break F! @ DHS

Yes, the show might be dated, but it is still filled every night, sometimes with a second showing. Somehow it still meets the needs of the masses, as does every other show.

My question, what are some of the factors that force a second showing on F!? We are looking towards a spring break trip, and the new calendar shows 1 show a night, but stories flourish of a second showing. What time does the second show usually happen? How does one "anticipate" what the mouse will do? Where will it be posted that there will be a second show?

The family would prefer to see the real show instead of the youtube one, and waiting in line for 2 hours with a 3 and 4 year old might cause a different type of undesired show.

Just curious

prbiker15

Yes, the show might be dated, but it is still filled every night, sometimes with a second showing. Somehow it still meets the needs of the masses, as does every other show.

My question, what are some of the factors that force a second showing on F!? We are looking towards a spring break trip, and the new calendar shows 1 show a night, but stories flourish of a second showing. What time does the second show usually happen? How does one "anticipate" what the mouse will do? Where will it be posted that there will be a second show?

The family would prefer to see the real show instead of the youtube one, and waiting in line for 2 hours with a 3 and 4 year old might cause a different type of undesired show.

Just curious

Well from seeing it 3 times in the past 5-6 years, I can tell you this

• What forces a second showing is that if there are a lot of people in the park, and a lot try to cram in the first showing, then they add a second showing, usually determined mid-day or before the first showing, if there are still alot of people in the park
  • Usually the people that see the show are usually first-timers, so they don't know what's going to happen. But if you've seen it on YouTube, minor stuff have changed, so you're 99% going to see the exact show you saw with minor enhancements.
  • When you enter the Studios, there's a schedule of all events/shows/etc, but make sure you go on the day that Fantasmic is showing, as it has been playing selected nights for the past 9 months, and on non-Fantasmic days there are less crowds.
Basically, a second showing happening after the first showing is unpredictable. :shrug:

_Scar

Once Tokyo makes theirs, then we will no doubt be the worst one of all. I can't even imagine what OLC is willing to spend. I bet theirs will even blow DL's out of the water!

RSoxNo1

I really like the idea of Show Pass that is being implemented for World of Color. I would like to see this implemented for Fantasmic as well.

Biff215

Just curious

Not to get off topic, but I find that the F! Dinner Package is the best solution to the wait. We have done it just about every trip since they began offering it years ago. This past time we had our 1 year old and this made seeing it a possibility. I agree that it's not an option when waiting in the standby line.

Back to the show quality, has anyone found the clarity of the projections to be less and less throughout the years? I don't know if that's the case or if I have simply been spoiled by HD more recently. I know projectors can lose quality as the bulbs grow older, but I assume this would be an issue that Disney could easily address. I just feel like the clarity used to be much better.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It was planned, not who knows. F! is getting new firework control software and infrastructure soon so there is still investment going on over there.

Personally I hope not. DLs dragon dosn`t look nearly as menacing as WDWs (yes, I know, it matches the animation and all that)

prbiker15

It was planned, not who knows. F! is getting new firework control software and infrastructure soon so there is still investment going on over there.

Personally I hope not. DLs dragon dosn`t look nearly as menacing as WDWs (yes, I know, it matches the animation and all that)

:sohappy: Very nice. Probably for next year..shrug:

TP2000

My bad for not expanding.

What I meant to say is that the show is already so crowded and packed, why exactly would they spend money to "improve" it?

Yep, I totally get the quality is lacking. However, it's not like people aren't going to see it.

Just looking at it from the business angle.

I'm afraid your expectations have been lowered way too far. :animwink:

Did you know that Disneyland performs Fantasmic! at least twice per night every weekend and peak period? The showtimes at Disneyland are always 9:00PM and 10:30PM. During recent weekends here in October when big crowds arrive for the HalloweenTime festivities, Disneyland has added a third show in on Friday nights at 11:30PM.

Up to three shows per night at Disneyland, but never less than two shows per night. Every Friday/Saturday/Sunday in the "off season", and every night of the week for busier times like Thanksgiving week, the three weeks around Christmas/New Years, the weeks around Easter, every night in summer, etc.

DHS is only doing one show per night, a couple nights out of the week. And they have the custom built amphitheater for this show, and yet they perform it only a fraction of the time that Disneyland does.

Think big here. DHS could schedule two shows per night every night, and on busy nights or big holiday weekends they add a third show at the end of the night. Disneyland offers that schedule routinely and with ease, so I don't know what WDW's problem is.

prbiker15

I'm afraid your expectations have been lowered way too far. :animwink:

Did you know that Disneyland performs Fantasmic! at least twice per night every weekend and peak period? The showtimes at Disneyland are always 9:00PM and 10:30PM. During recent weekends here in October when big crowds arrive for the HalloweenTime festivities, Disneyland has added a third show in on Friday nights at 11:30PM.

Up to three shows per night at Disneyland, but never less than two shows per night. Every Friday/Saturday/Sunday in the "off season", and every night of the week for busier times like Thanksgiving week, the three weeks around Christmas/New Years, the weeks around Easter, every night in summer, etc.

DHS is only doing one show per night, a couple nights out of the week. And they have the custom built amphitheater for this show, and yet they perform it only a fraction of the time that Disneyland does.

Think big here. DHS could schedule two shows per night every night, and on busy nights or big holiday weekends they add a third show at the end of the night. Disneyland offers that schedule routinely and with ease, so I don't know what WDW's problem is.

The problems for WDW's version is the economy, but that was in it's worse times. They're considering bringing it back to a fuller schedule due to high demand and forcing second showings.
The problem for DLR's version is that soon the Rivers of America is gonna get a refurb or something like that, that's why it's performing on weekends till the Holidays.

TP2000

The problem for DLR's version is that soon the Rivers of America is gonna get a refurb or something like that, that's why it's performing on weekends till the Holidays.

Well, no. The River does get drained for rehab this January, but that has nothing to do with the third shows they routinely add on busy nights in recent weeks and years. Disneyland has followed the current Fantasmic! schedule for years and years and years, with third shows added when needed. This Autumn has been no exception.

No one but us Disney Geeks know about the rehab schedule for 2010, and it would have no impact on the 60,000 people that showed up to Disneyland last Friday night. Heck, that River rehab isn't even on Disneyland.com yet. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom