Fantasmic dinner packages

Thumper14

Original Poster
Hey all you AP or DLR regulars, what is the best Fantasmic dinner package? I really want a good viewing point.

34th wedding anniversary disneystyle  

Thumper14

Original Poster
I was afraid of that. I made a point to come to DLR every year until last year. WDW offered the Behind the Steam Train tour and my husband is a DRR fanatic. So I surprised him with it last year. As we grow older it is nice to sit and relax to watch the night shows. So the Fantasmic dinner packages looked promising. But is hard getting any good info on them.

westie

I do the World of Color dinner package every trip. The viewing area is very nice and totally worth it so I'd think the same for the Fantasmic show.

GiveMeTheMusic

The Blue Bayou and River Belle Terrace options both offer the best viewing location for the show. Blue Bayou guests are given seat cushions as well, which is nice. So I'd take a look at the menus for either of those and see which pops out for you.

The Hungry Bear package viewing area isn't great.

GiveMeTheMusic

So you sit outside on the pavement?

Yes, Fantasmic doesn't have chairs or benches. Have you seen the show before? It's on the Rivers of America, and the viewing area is the riverfront terraced pavement in front of Frontierland and New Orleans Square.

Some people have reported being able to watch the show from their table at River Belle, but that isn't something you can count on.

Thumper14

Original Poster
Yes, Fantasmic doesn't have chairs or benches. Have you seen the show before? It's on the Rivers of America, and the viewing area is the riverfront terraced pavement in front of Frontierland and New Orleans Square.

Some people have reported being able to watch the show from their table at River Belle, but that isn't something you can count on.
Yes, I have seen it before several times but it has been awhile. I caught a show in WDW and immediately missed the DLR show. But as I grow older, fighting crowds and standing for sometimes hours to get a good spot is not so inviting. I was hoping the Dinner packages included the chairs in New Orleans Square. After some research and reading the posts, I think I will opt for the BB package. The cushion sounds amazingly nice after a long day at the park.

Thumper14

Original Poster
I did my research and decided on the Blue Bayou, but cannot book it online for April.
Is anyone else have this problem? I choose a time and it takes me back to the main page.
The Riverboat Terrace works fine for the same day same time.

GiveMeTheMusic

I did my research and decided on the Blue Bayou, but cannot book it online for April.
Is anyone else have this problem? I choose a time and it takes me back to the main page.
The Riverboat Terrace works fine for the same day same time.

Try calling them. The booking window is 60 days IIRC.

Thumper14

Original Poster
I figured out the issue you just have to keep trying over and over again. But ended up calling, and am glad I did. I wanted the late Fantasmic show, so my dinner reservation had to be after 7. We are all set now.
This All Ears report was the one that convinced me to book the reservation.
http://land.allears.net/blogs/lauragilbreath/2015/02/disneyland_food_reviews.html

Magical 34 Wedding Anniversary celebration!  

Disneyfanman

I've watched it from River Belle for years. My wife needs a chair to sit in. At WOC we always do a dinner package because they let people with mobility issues sit on chairs with a good view.

I've been wondering if the Fantasmic Dinner package will provide the same courtesy. Anyone know?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom