Fantasmic Dinner Package

RachelElizabeth

On my son's only trip to Disney we got to Fantasmic too late (1 hour before showtime) and couldn't get in. It was so disappointing! I'll always splurge on the Fantasmic package. And we love the 2 pm lunch. It means we get our Mickey bars at 11 am that day instead of the usual afternoon time.

PEPPER2029

My family loves the fantasmic package, but not H&V. We like MM instead. The buffet at H&V is not special, but bland. MM has it's own menu, and i find very unique and pleasing

Jon81uk

We booked for Mama Melrose a few years ago, the advantage if you are on the dining plan is you get appetizers in the Fantasmic package, which you wouldn't normally get with a dining plan credit.

PAW PAW 70

Mama MELROSE great food for family. When you get your passes make sure you get there at least 2 hrs before show. Even thouhh you have the passes that area fills up fast don't be late or you will have trouble getting a seat.

JohnD

Mama MELROSE great food for family. When you get your passes make sure you get there at least 2 hrs before show. Even thouhh you have the passes that area fills up fast don't be late or you will have trouble getting a seat.

If you get a VIP pass, and wait for 2 hours before the show, what's the point in getting the pass? Might as well wait in standby. A VIP pass puts you "on the 50 yard line between the 40 yard lines" so to speak between the light posts. All the views are good. WDW recommends arriving no later than 30 minutes prior.

PAW PAW 70

grant you all seats are good the idea of having to be squeezed in doesn't appeal to me. We just arrived when they started letting the guests with passes in, just my preference. Enjoy the show.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I was just there last week on a crowd level 9 day. We showed up to the amphitheater about 30 minutes before show time and had great seats.

Agreed, we were there on a crowd level 8 day and got there about 30-40 mins early... again, dead center seats, maybe 10 rows back (could have been much closer if we wanted). Personally, I'd say we had just about the best seats in the house...

CaptainAmerica

I was just there last week on a crowd level 9 day. We showed up to the amphitheater about 30 minutes before show time and had great seats.

Agreed, we were there on a crowd level 8 day and got there about 30-40 mins early... again, dead center seats, maybe 10 rows back (could have been much closer if we wanted). Personally, I'd say we had just about the best seats in the house...
Any chance there were two showings of Fantasmic those nights? Crowd levels don't mean diddly squat because the two-show-nights more than offset it.

We are about 10 rows back as well. Also could have been closer if we really wanted to be. I think we were in the best spot possible. We had a great view.

Any chance there were two showings of Fantasmic those nights? Crowd levels don't mean diddly squat because the two-show-nights more than offset it.
There were two showings. The one we were at was the first show (8:30). I am almost positive that the Fantasmic! package covers only the first show. It is true that two showings do make a difference, but I believe she asked about a much lower crowd level (2?). I was just letting her know about my experience with a much busier time.

CaptainAmerica

There were two showings. The one we were at was the first show (8:30). I am almost positive that the Fantasmic! package covers only the first show. It is true that two showings do make a difference, but I believe she asked about a much lower crowd level (2?). I was just letting her know about my experience with a much busier time.
Understood. I just meant that Fantasmic will be much more crowded on a "level 2" day with one showing than on a "level 9" day with two showings.

Understood. I just meant that Fantasmic will be much more crowded on a "level 2" day with one showing than on a "level 9" day with two showings.

I have seen the show at crowd levels ranging from a 2 to 9 with both one and two showings. The first showing usually has the highest attendance ( in my experience). When I saw the show last week (crowd level 9) that first showing had a much higher attendance than I have ever seen. Even compared to nights with only one show or weeks when there were only a few showings for the whole week. The point of my comment was to ease some anxiety the poster may have had after being told to show up 2 hours early even with the passes.

YoJDew

OK this thread makes me want to rage... But instead, lemme ask y'all this: We are going in mid-August. Do I really need to spend an extra $200 for this dining package and force my diabetic husband and 3-year-old child to eat dinner at 3:30 so we can get a decent seat to Fantasmic? Because I will not wait an hour for anything, never mind two hours. That is RIDIC. I'd rather Mickey simply punch me in the face and steal my wallet.

Alternatively, is it worth wasting a FP+ on this, since we apparently have to go to DHS on three separate days just to hit all of the attractions we want, because of the tier system? I've read on other boards that the CMs usher you to the "FP+" section but don't bother to check and make sure the people sitting in that section actually have FP+s.

Or do we just take our chances and show up 30 minutes before the show?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
OK this thread makes me want to rage... But instead, lemme ask y'all this: We are going in mid-August. Do I really need to spend an extra $200 for this dining package and force my diabetic husband and 3-year-old child to eat dinner at 3:30 so we can get a decent seat to Fantasmic? Because I will not wait an hour for anything, never mind two hours. That is RIDIC. I'd rather Mickey simply punch me in the face and steal my wallet.

Alternatively, is it worth wasting a FP+ on this, since we apparently have to go to DHS on three separate days just to hit all of the attractions we want, because of the tier system? I've read on other boards that the CMs usher you to the "FP+" section but don't bother to check and make sure the people sitting in that section actually have FP+s.

Or do we just take our chances and show up 30 minutes before the show?
First, it won't be a $300 meal.

Second, the Fantasmic Package is a free addon to a TS meal IF you wanted to do a meal at one of the participating restaurants anyhow.

Third, no, it's not worth the package (anymore, it used to be back when they had the Golf Cart Service and other benefits). And no, it's not worth FP+.

However, you will be forced to wade the preshow crowd if you don't use either of these.

I literally have shown up to Fantasmic with my kiddo 15 minutes before start time (avoiding the traffic jam and crowds) and still had pretty darned great seats due to the simple fact I ate lunch at Brown Derby. :p

So, is it NECESSARY? No. Is it nice? It can be.

YoJDew

First, it won't be a $300 meal.

Second, the Fantasmic Package is a free addon to a TS meal IF you wanted to do a meal at one of the participating restaurants anyhow.

Third, no, it's not worth the package (anymore, it used to be back when they had the Golf Cart Service and other benefits). And no, it's not worth FP+.

However, you will be forced to wade the preshow crowd if you don't use either of these.

I literally have shown up to Fantasmic with my kiddo 15 minutes before start time (avoiding the traffic jam and crowds) and still had pretty darned great seats due to the simple fact I ate lunch at Brown Derby. :p

So, is it NECESSARY? No. Is it nice? It can be.

OK $184, not $200 (three adults, one kid). I've eaten at Brown Derby, it's cute, but it's not worth $184.

But like, IS there a bad seat in the house? What's the worst-case scenario?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
OK $184, not $200 (three adults, one kid). I've eaten at Brown Derby, it's cute, but it's not worth $184.

But like, IS there a bad seat in the house? What's the worst-case scenario?
There really isn't a bad seat. It's not what you see once you are IN the arena...it's what you have to deal with before hand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom