Fantasmic Dining Reservations

DAW

Original Poster
I have been reading in Unofficial Guide you need to book dining reservations at Hollywood & Vine, Mama Melrose or Brown Derby 60 days in advance for the Fantasmic Dining Package. We are going in February so are we too late? Is there any internet booking option? Any chance of success if we leave it until we get there? Anyone any experience of these restaurants? We are in the UK so a phone call to the US is not that easy.

Thanks

I may be wrong, but I think the only way to book it is to call (407) WDW-DINE. We booked ours for March and while you don't have to prepay you do have to give them a credit card # as a guarantee with a 48 hour cancellation policy. I've called back several times to add on reservations even though it's less than 90 days now and haven't had any problems so you might want to give it a try.
Did you book through a travel agent? Maybe they can do the calling for you and set it up so that you don't have the worries of an international call.
Hope this helps some and Best wishes on your upcoming trip!

tigsmom

We did the Fantasmic Dining package a couple of years ago and we ate at Mama Melrose...the food was very nice. Afterwards you get a ticket that lets you get in early. There is a special section roped off and you sit in there.
Go ahead and call now, you probably can get reservations. :wave:

d'Isigny

We've actually made reservations upon arrival and got in...

I'm guessing that you're staying at a resort.

In fact, I make all my reservations the day before (at the resort) and have never had a problem getting in anywhere.

of course I'm very flexible on the schedule

d'Isigny

I might add...last year, we were trying to decide which evening to arrange the dinner and show and as we were walking past the entrance...we noticed the crowd wasn't that bad (second show) and we had no problem getting a seat.

This allowed us the freedom to choose another dining experience..

octoberbarry

We did the dinner-show combo with Hollywood and Vine in Oct. and loved it. Here's what I experienced about reservations...
When I made the reservation at the 90-day mark, which was the standard at the time, the only times that wdw had opened up for the package were 4 PM and 4:30 PM. So I made one for 4:30 and they told me at that point to call back from time to time, as they usually opened up later times closer to the date. I did that, and every time I called, the cm gave me different info...'yup, they'll be opening up times any day now', 'times will open up about 48 hours before', 'they never open up other times', 'it is sold out and will remain sold out so you might as well save your dime'. In the end though, about 2 weeks before, they opened up whole slough of later times, so we ended up with a 5:30 reservation, which was perfect. Time to eat leisurely, then stroll over to the show. And the food at H&V was :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

MouseMadness

DAW said:
I have been reading in Unofficial Guide you need to book dining reservations at Hollywood & Vine, Mama Melrose or Brown Derby 60 days in advance for the Fantasmic Dining Package. We are going in February so are we too late? Is there any internet booking option? Any chance of success if we leave it until we get there? Anyone any experience of these restaurants? We are in the UK so a phone call to the US is not that easy.

Thanks

I think there's the problem. You may book starting 60 days out, but you can call anytime thereafter to book your reservation. :) But yeah, I'd get it asap, to make sure you can get what you want. :) Have you decided which restaurant you're going to try to get into?

wishes

Hi!!
we did the fantasmic dinner package a couple of years back eating at the Hollywood and Vine. I recollect that we actually reserved the fantasmic dinner only that same morning (March/ April time). So to be safe, i would probably phone to book before, if you want a certain date, however if you want to play it by chance it maybe possible to do so in february.

righttrack

Bottom line, those restaurants get crowded at MGM, regardless. Book early, book often. Great dining experiences at all of them, and Fantasmic is not to miss.

tomm4004

d'Isigny said:
In fact, I make all my reservations the day before (at the resort) and have never had a problem getting in anywhere.
So do we, and usually on the morning of actually, and we never have any problems. We usually go March, April. I can't decide 60 before what I may feel like eating. The Fantasmic/dinner package always seems to be available the day of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom