Fantasmic dining package

steffib

Original Poster
hi, looking for some advice please.
travelling with family April 2016 from UK for a 12 night stay. We have the dining plan.
We have never seen Fantasmic and thinking our kids (3, 5) are now at an age to sit through it and enjoy it. However don't want to have to hang around before hand for ages so thought that the dining package might be a good option. Was thinking of Mama Melrose.
Can anyone offer thoughts on whether we should do this? if so, how to you book through the App? I can only see regular bookings a Mama Melrose when I search for dining options. thanks for your help!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
hi, looking for some advice please.
travelling with family April 2016 from UK for a 12 night stay. We have the dining plan.
We have never seen Fantasmic and thinking our kids (3, 5) are now at an age to sit through it and enjoy it. However don't want to have to hang around before hand for ages so thought that the dining package might be a good option. Was thinking of Mama Melrose.
Can anyone offer thoughts on whether we should do this? if so, how to you book through the App? I can only see regular bookings a Mama Melrose when I search for dining options. thanks for your help!
Do the package.

Don't book through the app, call 407.WDW.DINE

Better than using a fastpass for it.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We used the fastpass for it last October and enjoyed seeing the show for the first time. We ate at Mama Melrose then arrived at the theater about 15-20 minutes before the show.
Yep we always use the Fastpass for it now. We have never done the Fantasmic package as we have never needed it. We never had to wait long even before they had FP+ for it because of the time of year we always go. That's just our preference to use FP+ as it works best for us. We do still usually go eat a few hours before Fantasmic like you mentioned though. :)

TheMouseFan

We really like eating at Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic! dinner package. You get an appetizer included in your meal and it is only 1 credit on the dining plan. The spaghetti and meatball cupcake is adorable for the kids. The seats for Fantasmic! are right in the center of the theater. You have to search for Fantasmic! dinner package on the app or MDE, not Mama Melrose.

prfctlyximprct

Do the package! We ate at Mama Melrose and it was awesome! They had reserved seating for the package viewers and we got to get to the show twenty minutes beforehand instead of waiting in a long line. I loved the food and loved the show and would definitely recommend this! The convenience factor makes this a no-brainer!

:)

PEPPER2029

we have done mama melrose quite often, and it's always good. boook through wdw dine so there is no confusion when your show is.

steffib

Original Poster
thanks everyone for your advice/suggestions.
Think will go with the dining package...ADR's open tomorrow for our trip so will give the number you suggested a call then.
Many thanks!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
thanks everyone for your advice/suggestions.
Think will go with the dining package...ADR's open tomorrow for our trip so will give the number you suggested a call then.
Many thanks!
Your welcome!! Just note that sometimes they do not release the Fantasmic packages right at 180 days so if there is no availabilty don't panic they may just not be loaded in the system just yet. If that happens just keep trying. Also like others noted you can book online but have to search for Fantasmic dining package specifically not searching under Mama Melrose restaurant. Once you bring up Fantasmic dining package hit book now etc and follow the steps to pick everything for it. Hope you get the restaurant and day you want! :)

Jon81uk

You can book the Fantasmic package online https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/fantasmic-dining-package/
But as others say, phone can be more reliable and the UK number is 0800 028 0778

Also if you have dining plan its great value (I assume you do as its almost always free with a UK package) as you get starters (appetisers) with the Fantasmic Package that you wouldn't otherwise get in a dining plan meal.

steffib

Original Poster
hi all

managed to book all my Adrs now. thanks for heads up on the dining package-not available yet on my Disney experience -about a month to wait based on the available dates -so will keep checking back!
thanks for everyone's advice

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I just noticed that Fantasmic is only open through February at the moment. I was starting to panic until I saw this thread. I saw that Soarin will be closed for refurbishments in 2016, so I was worried this would also.

steffib

Original Poster
yes I noticed that too on the Fantasmic package...don't think it's unusual the the ADRs for this don't open up until later but might give them a call at Disney ADR booking to see what they say!

JourneysEnd

I just noticed that Fantasmic is only open through February at the moment. I was starting to panic until I saw this thread. I saw that Soarin will be closed for refurbishments in 2016, so I was worried this would also.
That's a real concern. They seem to be closing things daily. Soaring is now down for six months starting Jan. With the new Star Wars movie who knows what they're going to do.

steffib

Original Poster
just got off phone from talking to cast member on the ADR Disney dining line.

She said that the reason that it wasn't available to book might be because they were upgrading something or changing plans or bringing something new in. she also it might be that they are re looking at the restaurants participating and reviewing what's included. I know sometimes speaking to cast members over the phone can be unreliable but just passing on what she told me. she said to cal back in the middle of November to see if there was an update.
so there you go...watch this space

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom