Fantasmic and Star Wars firework show Question:

couchpotatooo

Were planning our trip to WDW June 1-10th. We will be at Hollywood Studious on June 5th, do you know if they will be doing 2 showings of Fantasmic by then because I would really like to see the Star Wars Fireworks show. As of right now they are both at 9:00pm. I remember they use to have a 9:00 and a 11:00pm. Hoping this will happen so we can see both. My two youngest girls haven't seen Fantasmic yet we were there three years ago and it was rained out on us and missed it. So it would be nice if we had a chance to see both since were only there for one day. Let me know if you know anything thanks.

Rob562

I'm really surprised that the two shows are scheduled at the same time. Typically they're staggered slightly so there's a 5-10 gap in between. Otherwise the fireworks might distract from Fantasmic.

Edit: where are you seeing the fireworks at 9? Right now the website only lists Fantasmic at 9 with park closing at 830. Typically they've only been posting hours for the Star Wars fireworks a month or two out.

-Rob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
I don't have times for it yet in June I just saw it in a different month schedule. I believe they weren't both playing at 9:00. Fantasmic was 8:30, Star Wars 9:00 but still fantasmic is almost 30 minutes long and to try and go from there and find a good spot to watch The other show would be pointless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I believe the schedule intentionally overlaps because there is just not enough room to hold ALL the guests in front of the theater (or on the Main Street) that would want to see both shows. Fantasmic siphons away guests from that small area.

It would not be possible to do the Star Wars dessert party and Fantasmic on the same night unless Fantasmic had a late showing.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Back in October, there was only about 10 minutes between the end of Fantasmic and the start of the fireworks. Fantasmic is 25 minutes long, and was scheduled for something like 7:30pm, with fireworks at 8pm. In actuality fireworks didn't start until 8:05. But you need to stake out a spot for the fireworks at least 30 minutes ahead of time, so you need to choose one show or the other. Knowing this we saw Fantasmic earlier in the trip, and then the Star Wars fireworks on a different day. (And actually we went back a second time for the fireworks to see them from a better spot than our first time)

-Rob

Upvote 0

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For a few days this week, Galactic and Fantasmic are an hour apart as they shift the times to be later in the evening. They don't shift them both on the same day. Why? Who knows. So, always check for the time you're going.

If you have a park hopper, depending on the time of year, you can see the earlier DHS and then run over to Epcot for Illuminations in order to get two night shows in one night. Then, on your Epcot day, run over to DHS for the other night show.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

After watching the Star Wars show in April, we would not miss it on the next trip. And we would do that over Fantasmic without questions. Now, as with most things at WDW they have probably already changed it and if that is the case I think we would still do the Star Wars show. That show is part of the reason we are not upset with Wishes ending. IMO it made Wishes look outdated and sad.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom