Famous people encounters at WDW

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I saw Justin Timberlake at Disney Springs a few years ago. An entertainment manager I knew pointed him out to me. Funny thing was he was watching the Andre Caram band and Drey C was singing one of his hits "mirrors". I told Drey afterwards and he said he knew he was there, and was kind of freaking out.

I am Timmy

We practically ran into Jamie Lee Curtis in DL in 2010, shopping in a store in Adventureland. She was walking and talking to a CM, and came around some clothes I was looking at and bumped into me (only slightly). She was nice, she had me take a pic with her, so my DH took it with my camera. Saw her a couple more times that day. Oddly, shopping again - the next time was in the store where you buy mickey ears and have them personalized. Then, we were in the front of a line for the Mickey meet and greet, she was trying to figure out where to line up for it. Not sure who was stalking who, but it was interesting!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Does meeting Whoppi backstage before Candlelight count?
You mean Whoppie Goldschmaltz?
Bumped into Melissa McCarthy at Animal Kingdom lodge in spring 2017. She was very nice and friendly. Never saw anyone in the parks though.
Was that with a stroller or an ECV?
Saw Will Champion of Coldplay with who I presume is his wife at MK, walking on the bridge from Adventureland (?) to Main Street. Felt it would be better if I didn’t disturb his time off.
Whoa! Please be careful reporting celebrity sightings, just in case it wasn't his wife...

danitaytay

Nobody is going to recognize these names because I'm a "dumb millennial" but back in 2016 my family was there during a popular Youtuber convention. My sister and I were walking around MK at night and met twin sister youtubers Niki and Gabi who now have over 6 million subscribers which was pretty cool for us. They were super sweet and took pictures with us too
image-98.jpg

Bender123

I met Pro wrestlers Sting, Rick Flair and Vader walking around MGM back when they filmed WCW at the Studios in the 90s...they were all super awesome.

I also saw Hulk Hogan at the Grand Floridian during a break in "filming" for his "show" Thunder in Paradise...God that show was terrible.

Nick Pappagiorgio

I was (present but) really young at the time. But in the mid 90's, the entire Kardashian/Jenner family got on Dumbo in front of us at the Magic Kingdom. (Insert Kardashian Dumbo joke here)

Raineman

One of the Mowry twins from that 90s sitcom "Sister Sister" was sitting at the table next to us at 50's Prime Time in 2016. And, we were at WDW last November when they were filming the Christmas special, so I saw Julianne Hough, and almost got trampled by a mob of 40 year old women by the castle at MK trying to get to the members of 98 Degrees that were walking in front of us.

jloucks

Well,, I have only been to a Disney park 5-6 times so I need to broaden the parameters a bit. Like, to my entire lifetime and anywhere.

I had dinner with Patrick Stewart, William Shatner, and Kate Mulgrew. ...it was an expensive fundraiser and I ponied up for the experience. All nice people BTW. I have run into them a time or two before and since.

I sat and chatted with John de Lancie (Q on Star Trek) for a couple hours. And his wife. Brent Spiner too.

I have 'run into' countless other sci fi stars. Like dozens and dozens.

I sorta met Sam Walton.

I fixed the PCs, and met, several Dallas cowboy football players. Smith, Irvin, and some others from back in the day.

...and now I am bored with this,,, lol,, but the more I think about it, the longer the list gets.

That being said, I don't know if I would greet or ignore a celeb wandering about WDW. I'd definitely not draw attention. Probably the only scenario in which I would attempt to chat would be if directly next to each other in a line. I would not want to be rude and flat out ignore them, so maybe a casual greeting. I definitely would not shoot a selfie with them.

GVentola

My parents and I were at the America Gardens Theater waiting for a Paul Revere and the Raiders concert. There was some commotion to the side of the theater. It was Drew Carey, come to watch the show. This is from when he still had his sitcom and before he hosted The Price Is Right. I saved our seats while my parents went to greet him. He looked thinner than he did on screen--I guess it's right about the camera adding ten pounds to your appearance--and he signed a dollar bill for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom