Family Sues!!

DisneyFreak

Seems like a pretty vague case to me. That could have happened at anytime. Don't people understand that any sort of ride you're getting on is at your own risk. I'm getting so sick of these petty lawsuits. Don't get me wrong, I'm sorry she died but I don't think Disney should have to pay or be blamed for it.

The Mom

Premium Member
Unfortunately, as the number of high velocity thrill rides increases, we're going to see more of these fatalities. Without further information, I hesitate to speculate, but it's possible she had a pre-existing aneurysm, whose "rupture" MAY have been precipitated by the ride. However, the majority of these go untreated until the patient has a "stroke" or dies, because the symtoms are so vague, and most(99%) health plans don't let you get cranial CAT Scans or MRIs just "to see if anything might be wrong" without any complaints. It is unfortunate that this happens...perhaps Disney should warn anyone who has ever had a headache or felt "light-headed" to stay off the ride.

WDW-Imagineer

Its simple.... if you have had previous health problems, don't go on the ride. "Gee, lets see... I just has a brain tumor removed, lets go on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster!!!". If people go on these rides with knowledge of health problems, then its there own damn fault. :mad:

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
Its simple.... if you have had previous health problems, don't go on the ride. "Gee, lets see... I just has a brain tumor removed, lets go on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster!!!". If people go on these rides with knowledge of health problems, then its there own damn fault. :mad:

WDW-I, according to the article, the deceased had no knowledge of any health problems, as is (unfortunately)often the case with this type of injury. There is no warning, except for very vague, very common, symptoms, which are not indicative of anything for most people.

If the person involved is not aware of a health problem, he would just ignore the warning. There is no way that any company can anticipate all risks, except to give a general warning that these rides can be dangerous to ANYONE! The more "extreme" the ride, the greater chance of injury or death, even though that chance is still very slight.

WDW-Imagineer

Well, the article didn't really say if they had previous health problem or not... Although I think more and more the case with these new rides is that you are going to get more injuries, and unfortunately deaths. These ride designers are making rides that push the human body to the limit, just for a cheap thrill. Although, I think Disney is a bit more careful in this area than other parks (Six Flags, Universal, etc.)

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
These ride designers are making rides that push the human body to the limit, just for a cheap thrill. Although, I think Disney is a bit more careful in this area than other parks (Six Flags, Universal, etc.)

You're absolutely correct!! Unfortunately, the designers are finding out the hard way that you can't take a group that might contain sedentary, out of shape people, and expose them to these extreme rides without an occasional injury, and hopefully very rare, fatality.

PrincessK

I was on that ride back in May, and let me tell you, Disney could not have been safer. I literally was sent through 4 seatbelt checks before they let us go in the ride, all belongings were secure, and the ride couldn't have been any safer.

My only complaint about the ride was that an obnoxious kid was sitting in front of me and he kept on holding his hands up. Because the ride was jerky and bumpy, every time his arms were jostled, they flew back and almost hit me in the face on several occaisions. Let me tell you, we had words halfway through.

I think that article was someone looking to pin the blame elsewhere for a tragedy.

Kristin

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by PrincessK
I was on that ride back in May, and let me tell you, Disney could not have been safer. I literally was sent through 4 seatbelt checks before they let us go in the ride, all belongings were secure, and the ride couldn't have been any safer.

My only complaint about the ride was that an obnoxious kid was sitting in front of me and he kept on holding his hands up. Because the ride was jerky and bumpy, every time his arms were jostled, they flew back and almost hit me in the face on several occaisions. Let me tell you, we had words halfway through.

I think that article was someone looking to pin the blame elsewhere for a tragedy.

Kristin

You should have grabbed his arms and held on to them. :fork:

WDWFanatic

i was on indy today and was shocked to see handicapped people that could barely lift their heads up being loaded on to the ride! Why were their guardians putting them on it? it didnt look like a very good idea at all. The part of the ride where the headlights shine on the bugs wasent working, i was a little disapointed. they used to give you a card to decript the writings on the walls. guess they dont do that anymore either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom