Family of 6. Please Help

m&mmom

Next year my best friend of 30 years and I are planning a trip together with our families. I have a family of 4 and she has a family of 6. While my family can fit at any resort, she is having trouble findaing resort that the 6 of them can fit without breaking the budget. We prefer not to stay at the value because crowds are a bit too much for us in the summer and the deluxe are a bit too pricey. She is willing to get two rooms next each other if she can find a good deal. Anyone out there with a family of 6 that has some good ideas? Many thanks!

CaptainShortty

Here are a couple of different options for you:

All-Star Music Suite: It is an All-Star but it's the way to get 6 people in one room at the least cost on Disney property so I thought I'd throw it out there as an option.

Art of Animation Family Suite: Depending on when you'll be there and if it will be open, AoA is a great option because although it's an All-Star it's brand new and everything will be in really good condition.

Coronado Springs Junior Suite: The suite has a bedroom with 2 double beds and a parlor with a queen-size Murphy bed. It also has a sitting area and two full bathrooms. For an upgrade you can get the one bedroom suite but I don't really see it being a room change worth the upgrade.

The Cabin's at Fort Wilderness: The Cabins have a full sized bed, set of bunk beds and a murphy-style full size bed in them. The Cabin's have lots of additional amenities that are great to take advantage of.

Beyond that any of the DVC resorts have rooms that will fit everyone but they are quite a bit pricey. If it's an option of you all staying together, you could look into getting a Grand Villa. They are of course expensive but you get to have a gorgeous room with kitchen and other great amenities and you'll be splitting the cost with the other family.

Hope that helps!!

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

There re 6 of us we usually get the suites at music 2 bathrooms etc. It might cost bit more but so nice then the only other option is 2 rooms at the values POP or Music best choices.. We re at Music gin but thinking of POP in case one of us has to cancel There re 4 adults and will be 3 kids this time 2,2,8... We love music and the frig the 2 baths the 2 tvs the microwave the coffee pot and the fact that we can come in ans sit on a couch and chairs and not beds

Upvote 0

goofysgurl

I have a family of 6 and my DH was dead set against the cabins at Fort Wilderness and the All Star resorts. We had originally booked the deluxe rooms at the BWI - they accommodate up to 6 - but once our trip went from 7 days to 10 our trip was at the $10K mark. I called Disney and booked the CBR - being that the children, all under 16, outnumber the adults we are guaranteed adjoining rooms. It saved us a tremendous amount of $ over the BWI and I've made sure my DH is happy!

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

That works for people with good incomes. Your talking 350.00 night with 2 rooms at mod. The suites are at music are 215.00 night. Or two rooms at 95.00 night each. HUGE difference.. Enjoy your stay wherever you choose.

Upvote 0

goofysgurl

That works for people with good incomes. Your talking 350.00 night with 2 rooms at mod. The suites are at music are 215.00 night. Or two rooms at 95.00 night each. HUGE difference.. Enjoy your stay wherever you choose.

I'm sorry - the MOD's are my preference - what I was trying to convey was that as long as there are more children than adults in the party they will be guaranteed an adjoining room - and in the case of the All-Stars that means two rooms are still less expensive than the suite.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The cheapest option would be a family suite at either All Star Music or Art of Animation (if it's open when you go).

If you don't want a value and can't afford a deluxe, then it's either a suite at Coronado (which aren't cheap) or a cabin at Fort Wilderness, which are very nice, if you are in to a more "rustic" setting, i.e. staying in the woods (the interior of the cabins are beautiful).

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

were a family of six as well, we got two rooms witht the free dining at CBR. The free dining really helps, and it was only $200 more that a family suite at allstars. Bigger rooms, comfy beds for everyone, great pools and food court, plus we like the multiple bus stops rather than the herding at the values.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Have you considered an off-site vacation home? You could definitely both save money that way, and have more time together. A house big enough to sleep 10 people with a private pool would cost you roughly $200 per night, which you could split. Your savings on breakfast foods alone would cover the cost of parking at the parks, and you'd all have a lot more privacy.

Just something to consider....

Upvote 0

mickeymatt

Have you considered an off-site vacation home? You could definitely both save money that way, and have more time together. A house big enough to sleep 10 people with a private pool would cost you roughly $200 per night, which you could split. Your savings on breakfast foods alone would cover the cost of parking at the parks, and you'd all have a lot more privacy.

Just something to consider....

I agree. I would have said art of animation suite but those are priced in the $300 a night range. Off property would probably be the way to go. We had a 3 bedroom suite at Lake Buena Vista resort and spa and it was real close and had a nice pool. Just an option.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

We have a family of 6, but our children are small, our oldest is 6. Last October we stay at PORS and it was WAY TO SMALL for a large family. My sister also has 4 children older though and they stayed at the Comtempary and though that thoose rooms were too small as well. I would do the double room or the suite option, we are doing the All Star Suites this Sept and DH and I are looking forward to NOT sleeping in the same room as our kids:) Disney really does not have many affordable options for large families. I know you said you did not want a Value, but they really are not that bad...but we don't ride the busses...either way enjoy:)

Upvote 0

fivetexans

I think the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness is a great option. It is much roomier than any of the other places that would sleep 6, plus you get a full kitchen, fridge (big bonus), and you're all in one place instead of joining rooms.

Another option is to see if you can buy a Disney Vacation Club member's points for the vacation. There are always members selling points. And, the rooms at a DVC resort are excellent... probably the best that WDW has to offer (in my opinion).

You can stay in a two bedroom DVC resort (sleeps up to 8), usually with 3 full baths, and have the full kitchen, living room, and plenty of privacy with the 2 bedrooms. I would sell my house here in Texas and live in a 2-bedroom DVC resort at Kidani Village if they'd let me.

Anyway, that's my thoughts.

Rich

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

what about both families staying at treehouse villas? there's 3 separate rooms plus the living room. we stayed with a party of 8, only one was a child and loved it. for a 7 day trip value season it's about 2,000 for each family for the week. plus you can save a little money by using the full kitchen or even the grill. if you don't want to stay together i'd say they should look at the cabins at wilderness lodge. put the kids in the bedroom and let the parents take the murphy bed in the living room.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

We are only a family of 4 but with 2 teenage DD and a DH I have found it much better (for us at least) to have 2 rooms. Have 2 full bathrooms is PRICE LESS!!!! If DH disapear with his book then I can always head over to the girls room to use the bath room. With a family of 6 I am sure that having 2 full baths would also be priceless. And it aslo give the parents a tad bit more privacy. I would suggest to with the level of resort they can afford to get 2 rooms.

Upvote 0
We have a family of 6 as well. there is no affordable option on property for a family of 6 . If money and budget is a concern, as it is with most of us these days, off site is the most economical, because there are endless options with a 10 minute drive that accommodate 6 people very very comfortably, and for under $100 a night. Staying on site is very expensive for a family of 6, we have done that, although a few times we only registered 4 of us and stayed in POP when the kids were tiny. 2 rooms at pop or an allstar is the most economical. When Disney charges $200 or more for a room that fits the family, we started looking off site and are extremely happy with it. We wake up, head to the parks, and usually stay all day, so the hotel for us is just a place to sleep.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Your lowest cost option on property will typically be 2 rooms at a value resort. Your next option will be one of the value suites or the cabins at Ft Wilderness. Typically the cabins will be the more expensive of the two but I have recently run into a situation where the cabins were slightly less. One other option you might want to look into is putting one of your friends party of 6 onto your reservation. If you do that you will be able to fit into one of the party of 5 rooms at Port Orleans Riverside. Lastly the age of members of the party can help you out as well as the first child under the age of 3 does not count against occupancy. If one of that party of 6 is 2 or under they can fit in a single room at Port Orleans Riverside.

Upvote 0

SallyShine

We've done 2 rooms at POFQ and the cabins. I really liked the cabins, but with teenage boys, we really needed the second bathroom. If you have younger kids, you could survive with one. It's great to have the kitchen and there's a lot more room for the littles ones to play. Plus, they really are cute. I would advise renting a golf cart for easy access to the bus stops.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom