F-Tickets

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
Logic would dictate that, if it's beyond an E-Ticket, an F-Ticket must be PHENOMENAL, but, in this case, I wanna know what attractions get an "F" in your book.
I'm not talking about a ride that you personally don't like or replaced something you preferred, I'm talking about attractions that are SO bad that they actually DECREASE the value of a park. Attractions that you wouldn't advise ANYONE to go on. Here's my list as an example, in order from least bad to the absolute WORST in Orlando:
3) Tomorrowland Speedway
2) Stitch's Great Escape
EDIT: 1.5) America Idol Experience
1) The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
Go ahead and let this thread become a lightning rod of negativity towards those attractions that weaken your favorite Orlando parks, but keep the focus on the attractions themselves... not each other.
EDIT: I almost forgot about America Idol Experience. I rank that one worse than Stitch, but not as bad as Captain Jack.

Last edited:

Bairstow

1) The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
Ugh. That thing is just painful.

Ellen's Energy Adventure is one I might offer.
There's a reason the CMs in there repeatedly warn everybody that it's 45 minutes long.
Unless you're needing a nap, that's a long stretch of expensive park time to sacrifice for a few brief moments of dinosaurs.

Donald's Gran Fiesta Tour is another one, though I probably would not hate it as badly if it hadn't replaced something so unique.

Cmdr_Crimson

AK - Chester & Hesters Dino Rama I don't care if it's supposed to look like it's a carnival they plopped in a fake parking lot.... I Hate it and needs to be removed.
Epcot - Soarin or I'd like to call Boarin or Snoarin (Choose your Pick) Crappy Jump Editing, Dust and it looks old.. I found that Kitchen Kabaret & Food Rocks were better and more memorable..
MK - Pooh it's a Piece of Crap!
DHS - Light's, Motors, Action: Extreme Boredom....Indy stunt show is much better and they can tear the LMA Theater down along with the Hat...

Last edited:

Bairstow

Has anyone been on Ellen's ride recently?
When I was on it two weeks ago the serpent-like aquatic animal menacing Ellen was completely frozen in place.
2010+11+28_Dinosaur.JPG

Also, the sound fidelity was really off during a lot of the video sequences, as if there were multiple speakers that have blown and have not been replaced.

MikeTaylorSound

I usually "grade" rides on usual queue length in conjunction with actual ride time (you could also grade on peak queue time-like PPF standby is 120 min @ 3PM in July) I.e., if Winnie The Pooh is 3 minutes long, a 60 minute queue line wait is 2 minutes per second of actual ride time.

AVG QL - Ride Time - Ride - sec in queue->1 sec of actual ride time
The Worst
90minQL / 3:10 RT - Peter Pan's Flight - 28 sec
40minQL / 1:40 RT - Dumbo - 24 sec

The Best
25minQL / 14:00 RT - Spaceship Earth 1.78 sec
35minQL / 13:53 RT - Haunted Mansion 2.5 sec
30minQL / 8:00 RT - Pirates of the Caribbean 3.75 sec

Factor in "quality rides" because if there's a 20 min wait for EEA and it's a 40 min ride, it's just for crowd control. Take away films and count the seconds you're actually moving in the ride vehicle, it's closer to 4 minutes (I'm guessing), which would be 5 sec of queue time per actual ride time.

George Lucas on a Bench

So, basically, what are the worst attractions at Walt Disney World?

- Stitch's Great Escape
- Journey into Imagination with Figment
- Studio Backlot Tour
- Primeval Whirl
- TriceraTop Spin

These are pretty much the bottom of the barrel at each park. I haven't been to the Jack Sparrow thing at MGM, but I assume it's atrocious. I hesitated to include the Backlot Tour since you can glimpse a lot of interesting things before, during and after the ride. However, Rocketeer jet packs on a shelf and Darth Vader himself frozen behind glass do not excuse how pitiful the ride itself has become. Simply walking by all that stuff would be far more entertaining and take up less time and space. It's like a sad bootleg Bollywood version of the Universal Studios Hollywood tour, complete with a shameless Earthquake ripoff.

Bairstow

- Journey into Imagination with Figment

Wow, I had totally forgotten to throw some shade on that disaster.
To the current Imagination's credit, it's almost always a walk-on and is a very short investment of time, much less even than Gran Fiesta Boat tour due to the perpetual logjam before unload.
Plus, it's the only of these awful attractions that currently has some credible buzz about being fixed in the near future.

- Primeval Whirl
- TriceraTop Spin

These are bad, and they shouldn't be there, but it's hard to specifically advise someone not to ride them.
At least they're honest and they're not a worse version of something that used to be there, unlike most of the attractions on this list.

jw24

MK - Stitch's Great Escape (Some might put Flying Carpets of Aladdin on that list. Surprised no one put on theirs so far.)
HS - American Idol Experience
Epcot - Universe of Energy
AK - Triceratop Spin (Don't we have enough flying spinners in the MK?)

Bairstow

AK - Triceratop Spin (Don't we have enough flying spinners in the MK?) or any other spinner are loved by the small children basically every park needs one.

I have no reason why people like the carousel of progress. Wasted space to me.
Captain EO is another horrible attraction if you ask me. It does make me smile it's so bad though.
Captain Jack at DHS.
That train ride out to where ever in AK is totally useless. My kids like petting the goats but not much else there of interest.
Stich, I liked that show before it was turned into Stich.
Peter Pan isn't bad but for the wait it is. What is up with that ride??? No matter how slow the park is I have to get a fast pass for that ride???? I have literally seen all of MK by dinner, rode everything but Peter Pan still had a huge line, no other ride really had much of a wait.

I actually like Captain EO quite a lot. It's got some great miniatures-and-models style special effects that are interesting to watch in 3D. I'm not at all a fan of Tough to be a Bug or Philharmagic, simply because animation just never looks as good to me as real stuff filmed in 3D. Nostalgia or no, it's an interesting mess.

The Carousel of Progress has always been kind of a museum of an attraction, and the same is true today. If you're a fan Disney's animatronic work in its heyday, there's so many things to look at and little details to take in with this show. Sit right in the middle, second row from the front, and just take it all the workmanship in.

As for Pan, the WDW version is getting really long in the tooth, especially when you've seen a Youtube video that shows how nice the Anaheim version is.
The reason it's got such a long wait time is that is has a perfect storm of factors: low capacity, no height restrictions, great location, and nostalgic value. Everyone and their kid wants to ride the thing, but with an hourly capacity under 600 people, there's going to be long waits.
If you want to ride this thing, go there immediately after rope drop. I've done this my last two trips and walked right on.

I've noticed there aren't any shows on this list.
I'd actually add the Beauty and the Beast show to the list. I'm sure it's fine if you're a kid, but it's waaay too literal and safe, with boring costumes and nothing you haven't seen or heard in the film.
Compared to Festival of the Lion King or Robert Lopez' awesome Finding Nemo musical, this one's a definite skip for me.

Weather_Lady

As the mother of a 5-year-old, I must respectfully disagree on the assessment of Triceratop Spin. Three spinners in four parks isn't overkill, and TS gives the kiddies something fun to do while Mom and Dad are scaling Mount Everest.

Stitch's Great Escape, on the other hand, is the second-worst experience of my entire life -- second only to natural childbirth, which I've endured twice. Both experiences subject the victim to mindless, repetitive torture, inflicted upon them from every angle while they are completely immobilized and unable to escape. Stitch is so exploitative, so maddeningly horrible and so mind-numbingly boring all at the same time, that all visitors should receive some kind of happiness-inducing anesthesia beforehand, and a gold medal afterwards. It is so bad that I would rejoice in its complete demolition and gladly welcome a stand with 25-cent games of Whack-A-Mole -- or even a kiosk offering free prostate exams -- in its place.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I got a bad case of rage after riding Nemos Stinking Adventure at Epcot. The only saving grace was finding a pet ID tag booth in the gift shop afterwards. That's sad, isn't it?

But I was all rage-a-holic because of how incredibly dumb it was. The screens were a mess and the glass showing actual sea life were filthy bad.

I've only been to Epcot once, and was overall not impressed. This ride didn't do much to help that, unfortunately.

If I ever go again I'm going to recruit some of yall locals to tour-guide me through it :)

Soarin' Over Pgh

As the mother of a 5-year-old, I must respectfully disagree on the assessment of Triceratop Spin. Three spinners in four parks isn't overkill, and TS gives the kiddies something fun to do while Mom and Dad are scaling Mount Everest.

Stitch's Great Escape, on the other hand, is the second-worst experience of my entire life -- second only to natural childbirth, which I've endured twice. Both experiences subject the victim to mindless, repetitive torture, inflicted upon them from every angle while they are completely immobilized and unable to escape. Stitch is so exploitative, so maddeningly horrible and so mind-numbingly boring all at the same time, that all visitors should receive some kind of happiness-inducing anesthesia beforehand, and a gold medal afterwards. It is so bad that I would rejoice in its complete demolition and gladly welcome a stand with 25-cent games of Whack-A-Mole -- or even a kiosk offering free prostate exams -- in its place.

This has made my day.

Oriolesmagic

Sometimes I like Journey into Imagination because it gives me a quick look into what the park would be like when it's closed.

As for the worst attractions in each park...

MK: Stitch's Great Escape: Do I even need to explain?
EPCOT: Ellen's Energy Adventure: Just way too long for not enough enjoyment.
DHS: American Idol Experience: I almost feel awkward watching this. It's not bad execution really, just a bad idea in the first place.
DAK: Chester and Hester's: Can Disney PLEASE take advantage of this space and give us a phenomenal Dinoland experience? Anything but carnival games...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom