Eyes on EPCOT Center

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Wednesday, September 30th, 2009

And yes, what you've heard is true, Jeremy Irons has made a triumphant return to EPCOT Center! Nice little film, definitely California slanted. It's kind of cool having another little piece of California Adventure out here, and a second chance for an extinct show to boot. Now if we could only get Grizzly River Run out here...
3969026337_407941ec79_b.jpg

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster

Making the jump to the other of Future World, you can see the work lights on in Living With The Land...
3969026465_0b2c30f211_o.jpg

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster

Last one for today, (once again apologizing for the focus issue) this is a nice little pin for those of you who like this years Food and Wine logo...
3969026481_98c3ed8751_b.jpg

So there you have it! I'll be working on that first post off and on, adding links and such. If I've missed anything, or you come across relevant threads or news articles, post 'em here and I'll incorporate them. Also post about new stuff in the park as you learn about it! Have fun with it!

HMF

Bad news everyone! It looks like we might have to wait till' the Food and Wine Festival is over to see the tarps go.:(

ryno1982

I'm sorry, but blue paint can't excite me when SSE is complete and utter crap, Imagination is still a disaster, and Wonders still sits empty. Nothing has changed in the past two years- in fact things have actually gotten worse since the park lost its soul.

Disney is selling retro Epcot Center stuff because buffoons like us will buy it, but it doesn't mean that they are bringing anything back. They're basically exploiting the past and profiting off of it.

And what's the difference if Universe of Energy is repainted when the show is still stuck in the 90s? This belief that a renaissance is upon us is complete and utter nonsense. If we let Disney think that painting a building is good enough for us, then we've lost the fight for good. Finish/revise SSE and redo Imagination and maybe I'll change my mind.

hpyhnt 1000

Bad news everyone! It looks like we might have to wait till' the Food and Wine Festival is over to see the tarps go.:(

I get that feeling too, especially with the addition of the F&W Festival sign over the tipboard. :(

Thanks for another update, Mr. EPCOT! They are greatly appreciated. :)

FigmentJedi

I'm sorry, but blue paint can't excite me when SSE is complete and utter crap, Imagination is still a disaster, and Wonders still sits empty. Nothing has changed in the past two years- in fact things have actually gotten worse since the park lost its soul.

Disney is selling retro Epcot Center stuff because buffoons like us will buy it, but it doesn't mean that they are bringing anything back. They're basically exploiting the past and profiting off of it.

And what's the difference if Universe of Energy is repainted when the show is still stuck in the 90s? This belief that a renaissance is upon us is complete and utter nonsense. If we let Disney think that painting a building is good enough for us, then we've lost the fight for good. Finish/revise SSE and redo Imagination and maybe I'll change my mind.
The paint and stuff is just baby steps. They'll think of something permanent to go into WoL at some point, I mean I'm sure that's on the shortlist.

I'm one of the few capable of tolerating the current Imagination for a few more years, though wanting a new version as much as anyone. Figment trolling the cause of the pavilion's problems for seven minutes is a decent temporary apology for the horror that was the 2000 version, though I'll forgive Disney entirely for that when version 4 comes around.

Heck, the day that is announced is when I will blindly submit my faith to John Lasseter. He's been doing a lot of cool stuff already, enough to renew my faith in Disney as a whole, but that's the one thing that I want.

EPCOTPluto

HAPPY 27, EPCOT! :sohappy:

Great update! Those DVDs were being sold for some time, interesting developments in Inno, and I think that the monorail beam was finally cleaned! Now if they can clean the other beams....

(Note: I do not know or am affiliated with the woman in the photo. It is merely just for fun. Nice flip flops. How in the world do you tackle Epcot in flip flops?)
I did back on July 4th. Zip A Dee Do Dah, Tip for Today: NEVER do EPCOT on flippers! :fork:

PalisadesPkteer

Hey Everybody.

Do you think the Tarps will be gone by Christmas. I am thinking they will not be gone until the slow period in January. Same with the Tombstones.

Has anyone noticed if the FON is now funtioning normally?

Since the fire, it has seemed to be working sometimes but at other times not fully working? Also think the small section of the stage will go eventually also during a slow period. The larger section of stage I think we will be stuck with however.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Hey Everybody.

Do you think the Tarps will be gone by Christmas. I am thinking they will not be gone until the slow period in January. Same with the Tombstones.

Has anyone noticed if the FON is now funtioning normally?

Since the fire, it has seemed to be working sometimes but at other times not fully working? Also think the small section of the stage will go eventually also during a slow period. The larger section of stage I think we will be stuck with however.

Time will tell on all of it, we just have to be patient. As for the Fountain, it's been working every single time I've been to the park recently. (Which is not an insignificant amount... :lookaroun)

Hummer1676

It sure seems to me like they did something with the beamway there...
3969026367_b4b2f38dea_b.jpg

Its amazing what a little cleaning will do? They might have finally figured out what preventative maintenance is! Its going to take a massive amount of time to getting the track looking nice.

Does make a big difference though!

jt04

So there you have it! I'll be working on that first post off and on, adding links and such. If I've missed anything, or you come across relevant threads or news articles, post 'em here and I'll incorporate them. Also post about new stuff in the park as you learn about it! Have fun with it!

Thanks again for making this thread. I look forward to seeing the work documented in one place. SSE is a good starting point.

Now all we need is someone to create a similar thread for all the changes to the MK since the Haunted Mansion refurb called "Eyes on the Magic Kingdom".

Any volunteers?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom