Extra Magic Hour Question - AK

mrtoad

Original Poster
I have been reading about the changes in the Extra Magic Hour in that they will also have night ones as well. Is it correct it is 1 hour for morning ones and 3 hours for the evening ones? If so, how does it work with AK? I thought the AK was operational sun-up t sun-down, if so how would that work with the evening hours?

Thanks,
Mike

:)

Any attractions with animals will close with the normal park closing. However, during the summer when the sun goes down later, that may change.

Dinosaur
Primeval Whirl
ITTBAB
Tarzan Rocks
Kali
Festival of the Lion King
Boneyard

I think that's it for the time frame you and I are there at the end of Jan/beginning of Feb. I think we will check it out just to see AK at night.

ToTBellHop

yeah, apparently in March, AK will be open till 11 pm for Extra Magic Hour, which is the latest it's ever been open--it's supposed to be a test to see how guests respond to later hours there. So flood the gates, everyone! No more of this 9a-5p garbage!

mrtoad

Original Poster
When are you going and staying?

My daughter is on cloud 9 (me I'm on 10). :)

jordanyosh said:
Any attractions with animals will close with the normal park closing. However, during the summer when the sun goes down later, that may change.

Dinosaur
Primeval Whirl
ITTBAB
Tarzan Rocks
Kali
Festival of the Lion King
Boneyard

I think that's it for the time frame you and I are there at the end of Jan/beginning of Feb. I think we will check it out just to see AK at night.

surfsupdon

I was at Animal Kingdom just on a normal operating night till 8pm when it got dark around six. Even with a lot of attractions closed due to "early sunset," the park was still quite empty, Dinosaur and Primeval W. where walk-ons.

But the lighting at night was the real attraction, and wlaking through the Oasis. It was so neat.

mrtoad said:
When are you going and staying?

My daughter is on cloud 9 (me I'm on 10). :)
You can check out my signature. We are going Jan 28th-Feb 5th and staying at the BCV. We were able to secure a great rate because one of my travelling companions is a travel agent. We have been planning for about 8 months now. I can't believe it's only a few weeks away.

mrtoad

Original Poster
jordanyosh said:
You can check out my signature. We are going Jan 28th-Feb 5th and staying at the BCV. We were able to secure a great rate because one of my travelling companions is a travel agent. We have been planning for about 8 months now. I can't believe it's only a few weeks away.

I have never stayed there but have heard it is nice. We usually stay at Port Orleans Riverside but this time we are treating ourselves to the Polynesian. I can't wait. My daughter is so hyped up that everyday she asks if today is the day. She knows it is not, but is hoping it will be.
:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom