Extinct Attractions Club DVD Question

EPCOT.nut

Yes, they did send me out the customer list. Jay Leno was on there unless it was just a JOKE and a list of people that they made up. OK I am being bitter which I said I would not do when I saw this thread. :ROFLOL:

Jay Leno was on the list, tho. I bet he got his DVDs right away. :animwink:

daliseurat

I was hesitant to buy any of these, but took a chance on a sale. While I did not receive my purchase in 2-3 weeks, I did get it in 5. My recent purchase has been going on 5 weeks, so after reading this thread I went to their website. They now have a new shipping group (again) and a way to check on your order online. I did, and found that my order was BEING ASSEMBLED. I didn't know what that meant, so I used their online form and sent a polite message wanting to know what that meant and when I could expect my DVD's. I recieved an email less than 24 hours later telling me that my DVD's should be going out this week. Now I don't know that it will actually happen, but I have to say that EAC has been working to make improvements to their shipping system, which has always been less than stellar. I like their DVDs. I like the interviews they get. But if you are looking for the best ride throughs, don't bother. Martin Smiths are wonderful and free. Also, RU42 and Jeff Lange do a good job in the respect. EAC is also working on provided DVD downloads, so you won't have to wait at all. They are essentially a one man show there, so it's no wonder that stuff just doesn't go as fast as it should. Though I can't believe they sent out a list of folks who bought DVDs. Totally crass and also, I believe illegal.

Expo_Seeker40

I hardly buy anything from EAC anymore. I find their products overpriced, and it takes too long for them to come. Also the DVD cases tend to have the paper cover *under the plastic sleeves* cut-off, parts missing, tilted, etc.

Same goes for the DVD itself, many of the older ones are just simple DVD's, with nothing on them.

The only thing the EAC really has going for them is their interviews they conduct with Disney legends, and some of the footage they have donated to them i.e. old home movies, etc.

I find Martin's, RU42's and Jeff Lange's videos to be far more indepth, with a true passion for making them.

If you want old Disneyland attractions, I'd say go with EAC, but for WDW old attractions I say stick with Martin, RU42, and Jeff's videos. :wave:

Jerm

I don't see how them changing shipping companies would make them a more ethical company. When I asked about my order 2-1/2 months after placing it (they said orders take 3 weeks) they sent me an email with a HUGE list of people that ordered and shipping dates. I sifted through an incredibly long list - pages and pages - of names and dates and my name wasn't even on it. :lookaroun

I know for a fact they have improved the shipping. It really was just 2 guys doing this for the longest time, now they have a "shipping department" so the lag time is good. I want to say they are caught up as of last thing I heard.

I could not agree more with one of the posters about how the "tribute" stuff is AMAZING, cause they get the old WED people and talk to them about it. I know they just did a train event that had a lot of people including some of the train people who work for Disney. They are also doing a Golden Horseshoe event in March where Betty Taylor and Wally will be there. I also heard that Disney will start selling some of the stuff they have in the Disneyana show on Main St. at Disneyland next to the "E" Ticket mag. So Disney is oking some of they stuff now.

But buyer beware as always!!!! Some is great and some is not, but you never know.

J

raven

I actually have one from the company but it isn't a Disney attraction. I got the DVD of With A Twist, a stage show that's now in Las Vagas. It's produced very well and I'm happy with it. I will most likely get the HM ones and the Horizons one as well.

EPCOT.nut

I have the EPCOT in the 80's DVD and there is the old SSE ride-through with Cronkite. What is funny is during Tomorrow's Child the ride stops and it is about a 30 second ride stop - the song stops and the voice comes on to please remain in the time machine vehicles, we had to make an unscheduled stop, and our journey will continue momentarily.

I think it is funny that in the DVD the freaking ride stops for a while. The DVD kind of pans around a bit and you get the please remain seated recording....I remember every single time I rode SSE through its various incarnations it stopped. :lol:

I have quite a few EAC dvds. Yes, their shipping used to be a big issue but to give EAC the benefit of the doubt, they started out very small and I don't think they were prepared for the outpouring of demand for dvds of extinct attractions. They've come a long way in the past couple years. Some dvds are great, others are so-so. I have the World Of Motion dvd and it is very good. The actual ride through (which is primarily why I purchased the dvd) was fair at best. Truth be told, any videos of attractions that have been extinct for some time can all be found on youtube these days. There are actually some ride through vids on youtube that are better than what you'll find on EAC dvds.

My favorite dvd of theirs is If You Had Wings. It really goes into the history of not just the attraction, but WDW in general. It's very cool. The ride though again is just ok. Looks like it was shot on vhs sometime in the mid 80s but what would you expect? Trying to shoot a good video in a dark ride is almost moot anyway - yet there are nuts like me who still look for high quality vids that might break the barrier.

EPCOT.nut

My favorite dvd of theirs is If You Had Wings. It really goes into the history of not just the attraction, but WDW in general. It's very cool.

The whole reason I found the EAC website was because I was looking for If you Had Wings DVD. It is extremely nostalgic for me. My sister was born in 1982 and she never was on the ride, so I also wanted her to see what it used to be like. It was my very favorite ride in the park and I loved flying with the birds - that was the best part, other than the ride loading area.
I had nostalgia with airlines as a little kid. I thought they were extremely cool.

If they have come out with Mr. Toad DVD then I will give them another chance. Last I looked back it was still coming in 2006.

RU42

Hey, I see people talking about me

Greetings Folks!

I just wanted to say thank you to those of you who mentioned my DVDs. I am always happy to find good comments about my work. I try hard to make sure I deliver a quality product at a fair price.

Oh, and my shipping is 99% of the time in 24 hours - on occasion it might take a day or 2 if I am out of town but that is rare. I have seen other companies struggle with shipping but I always make sure I take care of my customers.

And I just redid my site, feel free to check it out at http://members..net/ru42

Again, thank you to those of you support my work!

RU

Jerm

Plus EAC has some great events.....I am trying to plan to visit the Golden Horseshoe event! I had the pleasure of having diner with Dave and a few other of the Disney underground a few months ago and enjoyed being not the biggest Disney geek, but I am still close.

J

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom