Express Pass

H20Babie

Original Poster
Is the Express Pass worth it?

We will be heading down for 2 weeks next year (1 week on the beach and one week in Orlando - the week before Easter) and it will be my son's first time at Uni (age 10).

According to this year's prices, a one park express pass will be $59.99 each! Is it worth it? And if so, which park should I choose (I'm thinking IOA with the WWoHP)?

H20Babie

Original Poster
honestly not worth it!~ the lines in disney arnt all bad and IOA dont have that many rides any way!

Disney has FastPass ... and you don't pay for it :confused:

I am asking specifically about the Universal Express Pass, since we are going at a peak time (spring break/Easter).

Xethos

Id say get it if your going to be there during the busy season, i had it when i was there and its nice to walk past the 30-90 minute waits. then if your child really enjoyed the ride you can endure the wait to ride again. Can only use it once per ride though( unless they changed something) but its still nice to walk straight on.

hpyhnt 1000

Hmmm...the week around spring break/Easter you say? I'm trying to think about crowd levels at Uni during that time period; it will be rather busy I must admit. It should be noted though that Express cannot be used at Rip Ride Rockit or Forbidden Journey, so there go two attractions where Express would have been very beneficial.

How long are you planning on being at Universal Orlando? If you're only there for one day, then getting the two park Express Pass would certainly be necessary in order to see the main highlights of each park. But if you're going to be there for at least 2 days (meaning one day at Uni and one day at IoA) then you really don't need an it. Even during the busy season, one day in each park is enough to see just about everything worthwhile, though of course, you will be waiting in 30-60 min stand-by lines.

Based on my personal experience, total, there are 4 attractions at Uni and 6 at IoA where an Express pass could be beneficial. With that in mind, is it worth paying $50-60 (plus tax) per person per day (or around $10-20 per attraction per person) in order to save 2-3 hours? I say no.

timeman

The one thing about the Express Pass is that right now it doesn't include The Forbidden Journey ride at Harry Potter. It may include by next year, but it has been over a year since they opened the HRRR coaster and they still haven't made that available in the Express Pass even thought they have a queue set up for Express Pass.

If you are going to hit both Universal Parks during your trip I would say wait and see how busy the parks are before deciding weather you need the Express Pass or not once you get there. At IOA the only rides that offer Express Pass right now are The Hulk Coaster, Storm Force Acceleration, Doctor Doom's Fearfall, Spider-Man, Ripsaw Falls, Bilge Rat Barges, Jurassic Park, Flight of the Hippogriff, Dragon Challenge, Sindbad Stunt Show, Poseidon's Fury, Cari-Seuss-el, Cat in the Hat, Trolley Train Ride and One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish.

If you are planning on hitting both parks, one thing I would recommend looking into their VIP Tour. The VIP Tour runs around $150 for a one park tour or $185 for the 2 park tour, but is well worth the money. You get priority access to select rides and even get to see some of the backstage area. I'm not sure if the tour includes the new Harry Potter ride, but I would be shocked if it didn't. This is some the extras you get with the VIP Tour.

• Complimentary valet parking
  • Complimentary refreshments (coffee, bottled water) upon check-in
  • VIP Tour credential and lanyard
  • Opportunity for private character meet and greets
  • Exclusive information and select backstage access (when available)
  • Select discounts on Food and Merchandise
  • Universal Express access to attractions at conclusion of tour
You can email them at viptours@universalorlando.com for more info on the tours. If you decide on doing the tour you have a least a year to save up the money for the tour. You do need a park ticket to do the tour.

SleepingMonk

Or....stay at one of their wonderful resorts and get most of those perks included for free.

I suggest Royal Pacific, great prices, Tchoup Chop is excellent, and walking distance to the park.

Chevross

Or....stay at one of their wonderful resorts and get most of those perks included for free.

I suggest Royal Pacific, great prices, Tchoup Chop is excellent, and walking distance to the park.

I can vouch for this, and would be what I would suggest to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom