Experanice or quality when dining

PolynesianPrincess

It's a little bit of both for us. We know when we hit up character meal (and we do at least 1-2 per trip) it's more about the experience than the quality. But when we dine at places that are siganture (and we do also 1-2 of those per trip) we're looking for quality. Rarely, we find places that have both. I feel like before free dining came along you could find places with both great quality and amazing experience but since then, restaurants have been, not so much declining, but the quality has gone down a bit. Hopefully now that free dining really isn't being offered any more, maybe the quality will go up (wishful thinking right? haha)

HouCuseChickie

I'd like both, but I feel like experience has been taking priority during these last few trips. Case in point, I'm not too keen on the menu options I've seen posted for 1900 PF dinner, but it's the only character meal (aside from Garden Grove) that we've never done...so I feel like we NEED to experience it. Another good example, I have been wanting to try Citrico's since 2010, but it always gets bumped for something that offers more experience than great food. Sure, it doesn't help that I associate a fancy custom cake at a special meal like that and I much prefer dealing with the Contemporary bakery over the GF, but still...experience even wins out on that level...well- at least for now.

Sloan

As a fine-food lover who also loves to cook, I'm primarily interested in the quality of the food, however the overall dining experience is still important to me - I'm just looking for a different experience than a family with young kids.

I want the beautiful view, nice setting and great food of the California Grill, or the tranquility of a window table at Jiko with its unique menu offerings (or, sometimes, the more interactive experience of sitting at the Cooking Place in Jiko). With the exception of Boma, I actively avoid buffets. By choosing carefully when & where to dine, I can have a great 'grown up' time with fine food & wine. Also, I'd usually rather interact with the 'characters' who made my food than those of the costumed variety - Several of the Disney dining options have open kitchens and/or events where you can talk to the staff and the chef and learn more about their style, local vendors, etc.. the dining experience can get a lot better once you've made 'friends' with the chef and staff and are regarded as a 'regular' who loves great food ;) (like one of every dessert on the menu, just as a treat, (yes, that actually happened to me at Jiko, and I ate them all! :eek:) or special plates that are not on the menu ....)

RonAnnArbor

I am 100% about the quality and no interest in the experience whatsoever....on the other hand, if it weren't for the families with kids who are more interested in the experience, things like T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe would have gone out of business a long long time ago...I have never and will never do a character dinner or meal.
My favorite, Raglan Road, combines the experience with the quality...although if they got rid of the experience (dancing and live music) it would make no difference to me...

Genie of the Lamp

Considering the amount of casholla I pay to visit the World, I should be able to eat great quality food and be immersed in a great experience/themed restaurant. If I had to way one over the other, it would be the quality that I would be more concerned about. But like some posters have said above, you need both if you want to experience a MAGICal WDW vacation.

Edit: Think of like a Pirmanti Bros or Quaker Stake and Lube back in the Burgh. That's how I feel @Bparso87.

Bparso87

Original Poster
Considering the amount of casholla I pay to visit the World, I should be able to eat great quality food and be immersed in a great experience/themed restaurant. If I had to way one over the other, it would be the quality that I would be more concerned about. But like some posters have said above, you need both if you want to experience a MAGICal WDW vacation.
There is a couple restaurants like that BOG is my favorite of both worlds.

Pooh Lover

Hi folks I was wondering when you go to eat at the world do you want a great experanice like character meals or just great food.
I would love both but I know going into a WDW meal that I am probably going to get a better experience than I am a great meal unless I upgrade to a signature restaurant. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy our meals at WDW but I do set the bar a little lower, knowing pretty much what to expect after many years dining at WDW.

DD at the U

Experience for me! I can have a great meal based on the ambiance and the company I'm with and that will be much more memorable than the food. And I've had plenty of dinning experiences where the food was good, but the service or atmosphere was bad and that left me pretty dissatisfied. Obviously a combination of great food and atmosphere is the best!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom