Expedition Everest Challenge

bweaver1985

Original Poster
Has anybody done this event before? I signed up for a team run with a friend and she is a runner and I'm very far from a runner 5K time wise. I know the documentation says you must complete the 5K together. Do they enforce this rule, and if so how can they tell your teammate didn't cross the finish line with you. I'm worried I'm going to hurt her times so that she gets in a lower corral for the rest of the run disney events she does. Obviously I would have her wear the B-Tag.

Thanks

-em

First- a bad 5K time wont affect *any* of her rundis times since Proof of Time needs to be a 10K or longer..

Ive never run Everest as a Team but from what I know of it- Together means together. You BOTH will have a BTag because while a team you will have individual results posted online (if I remember right.. havent actually run everest in a few years)

-em

Mad Stitch

I did the race in 2011. Back then it wasn't a BTag, it was the type that goes around your shoe laces (I cant think of the proper name) and it was one per team. Technically if one partner didn't even show up they would still have a finish time because both members of the team received the same finish time from the single timing tag. Besides, if your friend is a serious runner she is probably not concerned with her time on a 5k and just want to spend time with you.

Ariel484

Thanks. She wants a good time so she can get into a good corral for the next 2 races she is doing by herself.
As @-em pointed out, your friend won't be able to use this time for future races. She'll need a 10K race or longer for other Disney races. I'm pretty sure this one won't count.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom