Excursions and Valubles

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Hey fellow cruisers! As we get ready for our cruise in November, I thought to myself "what are we going to do with our valubles on our jetski excursion?!" That never even crossed my mind before now. We will all have our passports and room keys with us (of course) and I will have my DSLR camera and my sister will also have her camera and we not sure where we would put them while on the jetskis. Does anyone know if they have lockers? We don't really want to walk all the way back to the ship to drop off the cameras and walk all the way back! We're lazy like that! haha. If that is our only option, we may try and change and book parasailing instead since that meeting point is right next to the ship. Does anyone who has done the parasailing know if you can bring a bag with you on the boat? We are looking into getting a lockable bag to lock to our beach chairs on the beach and would probably just bring that onto the boat with us to go parasailing if it's possible. Thanks guys and gals! :)

TheMouseFan

Hey fellow cruisers! As we get ready for our cruise in November, I thought to myself "what are we going to do with our valubles on our jetski excursion?!" That never even crossed my mind before now. We will all have our passports and room keys with us (of course) and I will have my DSLR camera and my sister will also have her camera and we not sure where we would put them while on the jetskis. Does anyone know if they have lockers? We don't really want to walk all the way back to the ship to drop off the cameras and walk all the way back! We're lazy like that! haha. If that is our only option, we may try and change and book parasailing instead since that meeting point is right next to the ship. Does anyone who has done the parasailing know if you can bring a bag with you on the boat? We are looking into getting a lockable bag to lock to our beach chairs on the beach and would probably just bring that onto the boat with us to go parasailing if it's possible. Thanks guys and gals! :)
You can take a bag on the boat with you for parasailing. They have little cubby holes under the seats to leave them in when it is your turn.

Phonedave

While you can bring a bag on the boat for parasailing, it is going to get sprayed.

Honestly, I would be leery about bringing a DSLR - sand and salt water, despite the best of efforts, seems to find a way into everything.

Also, it sounds like you are talking about Castaway Cay. If so, why would you bring your passports? There is no need, just your room card.

There are a variety of waterproof bags that are available. I have used ALOKSAC for a while and never had a problem. I put any small items in them, and then just stick it in the pocket of my bathing suit (I make sure any bathing suits I buy have velcro closures on the pockets).

They do make bigger "bags" for cameras - even ones with a "window" that you can take pictures though. I suggest looking into one if you are going to take any kind of expensive camera to the beach.

-dave

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
While you can bring a bag on the boat for parasailing, it is going to get sprayed.

Honestly, I would be leery about bringing a DSLR - sand and salt water, despite the best of efforts, seems to find a way into everything.

Also, it sounds like you are talking about Castaway Cay. If so, why would you bring your passports? There is no need, just your room card.

There are a variety of waterproof bags that are available. I have used ALOKSAC for a while and never had a problem. I put any small items in them, and then just stick it in the pocket of my bathing suit (I make sure any bathing suits I buy have velcro closures on the pockets).

They do make bigger "bags" for cameras - even ones with a "window" that you can take pictures though. I suggest looking into one if you are going to take any kind of expensive camera to the beach.

-dave

I bring my DSLR to the beach quite often and it's always been fine. I am VERY careful with it. And yes, I forgot about the passport thing lol so we wouldn't need those!

I am looking into a lockable bag for putting next to our chair on the beach. And since I'm paranoid I would also bring another padlock for it. The bag locks and then you chain it to your umbrella or beach chair. Seems to have good reviews online and lots of people use it for the beach. I'm mostly paranoid about placing it somewhere during our jetski excursion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom