Excited for trip!!!!!

bchbm2022

So as my title says, like many of you I am super excited for my next trip. Unfortunately I have to suffer 258 days of reality until then. I just book a 6 night stay at Coronado Springs for myself and my parents to celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary in May 2015. As I'm a grad student, I'm doing things a little cheaper, although I sprung for a moderate resort because I wanted a bit of a more adult atmosphere for my parents instead of larger than life characters everywhere. That's not to say the value resorts are bad as we have stayed at the All-Star Music in the past as well as Pop Century and loved them. I didn't do a magic your way package as we are getting cheaper 4 day tickets plus a 5th free through my work benefits program, and we aren't getting a dining plan or tables in wonderland because it wouldn't be worth it as we don't eat a ton of food and we don't need all those desserts that come with every quick service meal. I have a few questions. The first one is when is a good time to buy the tickets. I'm about 8 months out so I don't want to just yet, but also wanna get them before the prices go up for next year. Second question may sound stupid, but we have been using our DVC to go since 2005, and this will be the first trip we pay normally and not stay in a villa. This is also my first time making trip reservations of any kind. After making the deposit after booking online, do you pay the rest of the balance at check in? I'm not sure how it works and the chat thing on Disney's website was unavailable at the time of booking. Any help would be great.
Again I am really excited especially to be staying at Coronado Springs as I have always liked the theming. I've never stayed there before but always wanted to since I was little, especially after seeing pictures of the pool. I know it is very spread out however Im used to a long walk as this past May it was a very long walk from the boat dock at the Grand Floridian to the DVC villas. That isn't a turn off for me at all. Any extra info, hints, or tips for the resort? Also we are spending 2 days at Magic Kingdom and 2 days at Epcot as we always do 2 days at Magic Kingdom and never finish Epcot in 1 day. The 5th day ticket for free would be to visit either MGM or Animal Kingdom for only a couple hours in the morning or evening as we really like to just enjoy the pool and other offerings at the hotel.

MickeyMomV

Congrats and what a great way to celebrate with your parents! You can make payments up til 45 days before the vacay and at that point it must be paid in full. Coronado is a great place to stay! It is very well themed!

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I am assuming you did a room only reservation and as such the deposit should have been the first night's stay plus tax. If so, then the remaining balance will be due at check in. If you did a package ( Doesn't sound like it) there is a $200.00 deposit require and the balance is due 45 days prior to your arrival. I am also assuming you booked through Disney. Other booking entities may have different policies. Definitely check on that one!! Marie

Upvote 0

bchbm2022

Original Poster
Im sorry I should've clarified more. I was just too excited to think as I had booked right before my post. It is a room only reservation, no package. So based on what you said the balance for me would be due at check in. Which works fine for me. This trip is gonna give me something to look forward to and help me get through my final semester.

Upvote 0

bchbm2022

Original Poster
Now an issue we are having is figuring what to do with our 5th ticket. Since we will be there during star wars weekends Im thinking of going to mgm the sunday we check in. We dont usually do a park the first day but we are planning on magic kingdom, as is our tradition, on our last night which is friday. And we are leaving in the morning that saturday so I wont have time to go to mgm for star wars weekends.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom