Ex-CP: chances of rehire?

fireboltsword

Original Poster
I participated in the college program, but I went back home to finish my math degree and to get married. Now my husband and I have decided to try and move back to Orlando.

I didn't have any issues while I was in Disney, only had a point or two taken, and I finished out my whole program.

What I can't figure out is if it's easy for ex-CPs to be rehired. I understand I would have to start hourly and work my way up, and I am completely ready to do that. But when I tried to look this up all I found was people looking at 'restricted rehire' statuses.

What is the rehiring process like for an ex-cast member in good standing?

katiekinzakat

Did you complete the college program or did you self term/leave early? If you finished the program out and left at your scheduled date you should have no issues getting rehired, assuming there are open positions.

fireboltsword

Original Poster
Did you complete the college program or did you self term/leave early? If you finished the program out and left at your scheduled date you should have no issues getting rehired, assuming there are open positions.

Yes, like I said I finished my whole program.

I was just wondering if it was pretty guaranteed to get a part time, hourly position. Or even if there is a way to not have to face-to-face interview if you are a former cast member.

All anyone ever really says is you should be able to but I can't find who has.

katiekinzakat

I don't believe you can skip a face-to-face interview, but I live in Orlando anyways, so that was never really a concern for me. I also don't know of any ex-CPs who came back as part time, as the ones that I know of just stayed after their program ended. I do know of a couple of non CP people that had gotten let go because of attendance or seasonal hours issues that had no trouble getting rehired into the same position a year or so later. That being said, I would say your chances are pretty darn good for an hourly position, especially if you are flexible with your availability. From my completely anecdotal evidence, Disney favors people that have any sort of theme park/hospitality experience as many of my friends (myself included) had no trouble getting hired at Disney because we had jobs at Universal or Seaworld on our resume.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom