Trip Report Everything Is Just So Peachy Keen! *COMPLETED*

It certainly was for us Georgia peaches this last week! For those who may be new here, let us introduce ourselves. We are Tuvalu and Em, a mother-daughter duo who love traveling together to Walt Disney World. We take multiple trips per year (this was our third for 2022) and for us, time spent at our resort is just as important to us as time spent in the parks. Slow-paced relaxation is vital to us!

I’m sure this laid-back vibe is what draws people to cruises: pools, bars, a variety of restaurants and activities from which to choose . I can’t do ships. But I can happily “land cruise” at WDW!

Hope you decide to follow along and learn about the surprises on our most recent voyage.

When: July 20-27, 2022
Where: Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resorts

7E160415-7A3A-4F3E-864F-F9C0094A947D.jpeg

Nothing can stop us now!

lindawdw

First off, I LOVE your room view at the YC!!!! I totally see why you were alright with the King Bed to get that room view upgrade instead! We haven't eaten in the French Bakery in a while just because of the whole issue with seating. I say every time we check out the food that they should get rid of the merchandise on the gift shop side and make that all part of the seating which would really help alleviate people standing around waiting for your table. How fun looking back on past magician meet-up photos and how serendipitous that your tables were that close at Hoop Dee Doo Revue in 2011. You have certainly gotten to have a lot of meets over the last few years and it's always a highlight of my trips now. Loving this TR. 🥰

fractal jr

Wednesday, con’t

Earlier our Magician friend had texted me the arrival window for their Guardians Lightning Lane. My plan was for Em and I to get to the entrance a few minutes prior to the opening of their window so that we wouldn't miss them.

We had made it to here when my phone buzzed.

View attachment 657123

Turns out they had been allowed into Guardians early and were in line to board.

"We'll meet you at the exit!" I hurriedly texted back.

Ten minutes later we had our reunion with @fractal, @fractal jr and Toni.

View attachment 657122

It was wonderful to see their smiling faces! Our last reunion looked like this ~

View attachment 657128

View attachment 657129
July 2020 and the parks were a ghost town!

We'd met for the first time in July 2017. Both @fractal and I were live trip reporting and intended to keep our planned meet-up quiet, until we could post the reveal for those following along.

Enter @Zipadeelady.

(Sorry T ~ this was too good not to mention AGAIN! ;) 😆😘)

We'd been outed. Yet it didn't make our meeting any less fun!

View attachment 657134

But our history goes back even further. August 2011 to be exact. Though we didn't know it at the time, it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Two families at The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue only a few feet apart.

View attachment 657140

View attachment 657142

One final fun fact ~ you can thank @fractal for the origin of Shirley Status. While I can't find the photo (okay, TBH I don't feel like searching my trip reports for it, as I'm not certain of month/year), it was a pic of me strolling the red carpet at the entrance to Hollywood Studios. @fractal called me Shirley MacLaine, I took on her "celebrity", and then each time I had a private bus ride, private restaurant table or any preferential treatment I called it having "Shirley Status".

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Loved reading this and seeing you all! Such a special way of getting to know people 😁

fractal

Wednesday, con’t

Earlier our Magician friend had texted me the arrival window for their Guardians Lightning Lane. My plan was for Em and I to get to the entrance a few minutes prior to the opening of their window so that we wouldn't miss them.

We had made it to here when my phone buzzed.

View attachment 657123

Turns out they had been allowed into Guardians early and were in line to board.

"We'll meet you at the exit!" I hurriedly texted back.

Ten minutes later we had our reunion with @fractal, @fractal jr and Toni.

View attachment 657122

It was wonderful to see their smiling faces! Our last reunion looked like this ~

View attachment 657128

View attachment 657129
July 2020 and the parks were a ghost town!

We'd met for the first time in July 2017. Both @fractal and I were live trip reporting and intended to keep our planned meet-up quiet, until we could post the reveal for those following along.

Enter @Zipadeelady.

(Sorry T ~ this was too good not to mention AGAIN! ;) 😆😘)

We'd been outed. Yet it didn't make our meeting any less fun!

View attachment 657134

But our history goes back even further. August 2011 to be exact. Though we didn't know it at the time, it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Two families at The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue only a few feet apart.

View attachment 657140

View attachment 657142

One final fun fact ~ you can thank @fractal for the origin of Shirley Status. While I can't find the photo (okay, TBH I don't feel like searching my trip reports for it, as I'm not certain of month/year), it was a pic of me strolling the red carpet at the entrance to Hollywood Studios. @fractal called me Shirley MacLaine, I took on her "celebrity", and then each time I had a private bus ride, private restaurant table or any preferential treatment I called it having "Shirley Status".

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

It has been a pleasure and also a lot of fun! In the spirit of Walt Disney, this is how you "plus" a Disney vacation!

giphy.gif

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
That's a good-sized room. I really like the blue chair and ottoman. Glad that you found some hidden Mickeys in the draperies, because I can't really see any particular "theming" to the interior design. (I recall photos from years ago, when the rooms had more nautical touches, in line with the Yacht Club. )

The amenities throughout were very nice -- I particularly like that fold-up ironing board--great idea! (P.S.: I promised myself I would not ask you this time, if there was a clock radio provided for your use . . . ;) )
Minnie, while I generally agree with you that the lack of theming in refurbed rooms is cause for sadness, I've been in Yacht Club rooms before and after, and I have to say that they latest refurb much better captures the spirit of a "yacht" as a deluxe experience. There are still nautical.touches, now they are very subtle, very classy and elegant. Before, there were a lot of blue and white stripes and ☸️ (whatever the steering wheels of ships are called). Now there are rich wood tones and those lovely blue drapes with the Hidden Mickeys.
I actually thought it was one of the better themed refurbishments as refreshed resort rooms have become generic and bland.
Totally agree. They got it right with the Yacht Club. Deluxe feel, just enough theme.
I believe there is only one week each quarter when there is NOT a Festival going on.
That's sad. And just kooky-dukes.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Loved reading this and seeing you all! Such a special way of getting to know people 😁
Jimmy Fallon Clap GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Parents in my generation would cry, "Don't meet internet strangers!"
Yes, I was one.
Then I found this forum and made friends.
Being able to finally meet some of them in person was such a joy!
Now that you live in FL, perhaps our paths will cross at WDW again. You don't need to wait for Fractal senior. ;) :joyfull:

It has been a pleasure and also a lot of fun! In the spirit of Walt Disney, this is how you "plus" a Disney vacation!

giphy.gif
Couldn't agree more!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
First off, I LOVE your room view at the YC!!!! I totally see why you were alright with the King Bed to get that room view upgrade instead!
It spoiled us, that's for sure!

We haven't eaten in the French Bakery in a while just because of the whole issue with seating. I say every time we check out the food that they should get rid of the merchandise on the gift shop side and make that all part of the seating which would really help alleviate people standing around waiting for your table.
That makes perfect sense to me, but I wonder if Disney is willing to part with the $ from merchandise sales (although if more tables increased sales at Les Halles.....🤷‍♀️)

How fun looking back on past magician meet-up photos and how serendipitous that your tables were that close at Hoop Dee Doo Revue in 2011. You have certainly gotten to have a lot of meets over the last few years and it's always a highlight of my trips now. Loving this TR. 🥰
Meet ups are my favorite! :happy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Another @Tuvalu trip report. All is right with the world :)
Welsh Corgi Love GIF by Lazy Corgi

Minnie, while I generally agree with you that the lack of theming in refurbed rooms is cause for sadness, I've been in Yacht Club rooms before and after, and I have to say that they latest refurb much better captures the spirit of a "yacht" as a deluxe experience. There are still nautical.touches, now they are very subtle, very classy and elegant. Before, there were a lot of blue and white stripes and ☸️ (whatever the steering wheels of ships are called). Now there are rich wood tones and those lovely blue drapes with the Hidden Mickeys.

They got it right with the Yacht Club. Deluxe feel, just enough theme.

That's sad. And just kooky-dukes.
Point Agree GIF by Ford

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Did you guys know each other then or just happen to catch yourself in his photos?!
Em read trip reports on this site way before I did. As she read @fractal's trip report (eleven years ago!) she noted that our dates overlapped, and that we were at Hoop Dee Doo on the same night. Em scoured his pics and found us in the background!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, con’t

The Fractal fam couldn’t stay too long with us, as they needed to get to the airport for a late flight home. Em and I were thankful for the time we did get with them and look forward to the next time our dates coincide.

The skies had grown dark with rolling thunder. The estimated return time for our Guardians BG was still over an hour away, so we needed someplace to stay dry for awhile. We hoofed it to the Land pavilion and had almost made it to the entrance before the deluge began.

There was no one in line for The Farm Ride. I turned to Em and said, “Let’s do this now before the queue becomes full of people seeking shelter from the rain.”

So we did.

947B3E05-6624-4FFC-AB53-124F04F3BD6A.jpeg

How quickly the displays and signs had switched from Flower and Garden to Food and Wine. (A lot happened during that week between festivals, @slipperalwaysfits @Tiggerish 😉)

B38E07AA-F82F-4E8C-A576-D9F92A5A45DB.jpeg

288DE347-2140-43D4-A569-3619832D851C.jpeg

63CBFF67-BE84-4699-A0DD-41FD853C73E6.jpeg

F0A16CB2-08F7-4215-83C2-9BD672D04C86.jpeg

2529516C-BD4E-45D2-9ED5-6EBC5BAEFDEC.jpeg

28663710-ACE0-4834-86CB-B36808F1538C.jpeg

Oops! Guess there wasn’t enough time to switch over the Biotechnology Lab.

FC30E8B9-EF7A-4A82-9C95-2A44AEA5432A.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We’d gotten through the greenhouses so quickly that I figured we’d head to Soarin’ next.

A push notification changed that plan.

“Our Boarding Group has been called,” said Em.

We got our umbrellas ready figuring we’d be heading out into the rain. Fortunately for us, the storm had blown through fast and umbrellas were unnecessary. As we walked past the empty queue for Spaceship Earth I was tempted to pop inside before Guardians but Em shook her head.

“We did it last month. I’ve filled my summer quota for Spaceship Earth.”

But apparently not for Guardians. 😉

Em had gotten Boarding Groups twice in June. Both times I accompanied her through the preshows but left her on her own to save the Galaxy. The songs she’d ridden along to were “September” and “One Way or Another.”

“Conga” was number #1 on the list of songs she hoped to get.

Fear of activating my motion sensitivity was the reason I had passed on the ride. And after reading first-hand reports of nauseated guests, I was pretty confident that skipping the mission was the right thing to do. Earlier Toni, Sterg and Fractal encouraged me to give it a go. Em had said that I might be able to tolerate it “under ideal circumstances.”

Being tired from an early wake-up and traveling 8 hours did not equate to “ideal circumstances”. So I enjoyed exploring the wonders of Xandar…..

8E9F9465-28B9-46EF-BC1C-2E16A7140CA9.jpeg

9BD69DDD-A38F-4492-BC60-6A8403AAD022.jpeg

…..then took the chicken exit to wait for Em.

1659467661801.png

I sat down on a bench at the top of the stairs to wait for her. Guardians has a great soundtrack at the exit that I like to groove to (in my head….not literally, no one wants to see that!) and time flies.

I was in my own little world when Chatty Cathy plopped herself down right next to me.

She wanted to know where I was from. She told me where she was from. Why she wasn’t riding tonight even though she had ridden before. That the ride doesn’t go backwards 🤦🏻‍♀️. Why I NEED to stay for “the fireworks.”

She ruined my groove time.

However it was still a good decision that I didn’t ride. Em rode in the last car which she called “thrilling” but then added, “You would have hated it.”

0E820811-520B-4435-B358-45C2F99369D2.jpeg

She got “September” again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom