Trip Report Everything Is Just So Peachy Keen! *COMPLETED*

It certainly was for us Georgia peaches this last week! For those who may be new here, let us introduce ourselves. We are Tuvalu and Em, a mother-daughter duo who love traveling together to Walt Disney World. We take multiple trips per year (this was our third for 2022) and for us, time spent at our resort is just as important to us as time spent in the parks. Slow-paced relaxation is vital to us!

I’m sure this laid-back vibe is what draws people to cruises: pools, bars, a variety of restaurants and activities from which to choose . I can’t do ships. But I can happily “land cruise” at WDW!

Hope you decide to follow along and learn about the surprises on our most recent voyage.

When: July 20-27, 2022
Where: Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resorts

7E160415-7A3A-4F3E-864F-F9C0094A947D.jpeg

Nothing can stop us now!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, con’t

I was still on my backstage HM high when we went to lunch.

727C91F0-B7B6-4044-A7BD-B2189B869B3E.jpeg

We grabbed our favorite spot upstairs. Where we can discreetly spy on people. :cautious:

19D17756-6D86-498D-B157-5AA34B20D2CA.jpeg

@TrolleyFollower91 I went out of the box and tried something new!

“Hail to the Leaf” salad. Fantastic name!

0E434BCC-37CF-44A1-BA22-ACFB20404700.jpeg

The salad was comprised of mixed greens, cheddar cheese, apples, dried cranberries and apple vinaigrette, topped with chicken strips. It was delicious!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, con’t

Woody and I headed into Fantasyland after lunch. I decided I ought to use a restroom before our next attraction and we were in the vicinity of the “Prince” and “Princess” restrooms next to Pinocchio’s Village Haus. We tend to avoid these (as they are small and need some TLC) but we were there, so….

Whenever I think I’ve seen it all at WDW, I am surprised by something new.

When I walked in, I did not expect to see a naked 3-year-old princess sitting in a sink, taking a bath. Her hair had been wet down as well, and mom was lathering her with soap from the wall dispenser. I did a double take before heading into a stall. The child did not appear sick and mom was acting the way moms do when bathing a child. In other words, it did not appear to be an emergency situation.

Let’s just say it was incredibly awkward when I washed and dried my hands. (Remember that restroom is small!)

Woody could tell by the expression on my face that something was amiss. “Just another reason we shouldn’t use these bathrooms,” I whispered as we made our way here:

CB4A643E-C416-415F-9E26-9D5C6CEC0457.jpeg

C8B5099A-1376-471E-8016-EB870AABF90D.jpeg

710F9557-1FAB-490C-A673-1E94E4C63292.jpeg

I really like the digital remaster of the film and the addition of the Coco scene. What I did not like today was sitting directly behind a woman who did not have the courtesy to remove her Minnie ears!!

0DA09436-6E26-4FEF-8DE0-41C083C54804.jpeg

0BA7EFCF-B055-41C9-8BC3-7D210686F4CF.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
This had been our first attraction of our vacation.

D3E6D7FB-00BE-4F9C-A994-44443E593AFE.jpeg

It would also be our last. Rain was headed our way and we wanted to be back in our room before the storm began.

8CFACB0B-ED27-4351-9106-180B8C57D97B.jpeg

I cannot wait to ride the train past these trees. It’s always been my favorite part of the grand circle tour. SOON!!

12E39CB1-5DC5-4005-A85D-51C797433CD0.jpeg

A6096F1B-5097-4381-9B00-4F8D1385CE9B.jpeg

Woody and I popped into the Emporium and the Confectionery to spend the last of a gift card.

Though we would not see these jack o’lanterns again, we would be returning in just 78 days!

CC18C6A8-9199-4058-9B57-53472F0949A6.jpeg

rshell68

Saturday, con’t

Woody and I headed into Fantasyland after lunch. I decided I ought to use a restroom before our next attraction and we were in the vicinity of the “Prince” and “Princess” restrooms next to Pinocchio’s Village Haus. We tend to avoid these (as they are small and need some TLC) but we were there, so….

When I walked in, I did not expect to see a naked 3-year-old princess sitting in a sink, taking a bath. Her hair had been wet down as well, and mom was lathering her with soap from the wall dispenser. I did a double take before heading into a stall. The child did not appear sick and mom was acting the way moms do when bathing a child. In other words, it did not appear to be an emergency situation.

Let’s just say it was incredibly awkward when I washed and dried my hands. (Remember that restroom is small!)

Woody could tell by the expression on my face that something was amiss. “Just another reason we shouldn’t use these bathrooms,” I whispered as we made our way here:

what the wtf GIF by Hyper RPG

lindawdw

That was definitely a magical moment that you got sprinkled with at HM!!!! CHH was always our go to lunch spot (along with the same table upstairs) before they opened the Starbucks in the MK but these days, we just get an egg sandwich and a specialty drink for lunch! I agree with you about the strange things you see at WDW these days!
I Cant Season 5 GIF by Ex On The Beach
That bathroom scene just makes you want to shake your head. 🤣 So sad your TR is coming to an end.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
The times I’ve had to deal with gross situations I’ve tried my best to appear very calm so as not to cause a contact freak out or have lil BES feel ashamed.

So perhaps it was an emergency sink bath and the mom was just acting like everything was cool? Still I feel like I would have offered some sort of explanation to other ladies entering the bathroom. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, con’t

We made it to the room before the heavens opened. The pictures don’t do the thunderstorm justice.

A7F41E36-9947-439C-9677-5953475B109E.jpeg

69237D2F-F3D2-4D1E-9CCF-E2FECE08F968.jpeg

I remember Woody was watching some sports thing on TV.

Big Bang Theory Team GIF

While I was likely scrolling through this forum reading other people’s TRs.

Luckily for us the rain stopped just before we headed out for our final trip dinner. We didn’t have to travel far.

B2298AB2-6A67-4E21-B284-47683281CAE2.jpeg

Woody dressed in theme.

07714B27-660F-4716-828C-693DCF3BC4CF.jpeg

We have a love/hate relationship with ‘Ohana. Years ago it was a staple on our family vacations. Then came the explosion in its popularity which resulted in hard-to-get reservations….even at 180 days! Menu changes and the use of lesser quality meats turned our meals hit-or-miss. Yet the prices kept skyrocketing.

It was the room service offering of the Polynesian Twilight Feast that renewed our love for ‘Ohana. Sadly, it was another COVID casualty. Ever the optimist, I booked tonight for old times’ sake. I was hoping the “family-style” offerings would remind us of our balcony-dining days.

65B58E40-680B-418F-8FFA-49F6683EC61D.jpeg

Not a bad view!

Woody perused the wine list….

1712DE53-3126-48D9-BD85-25EF80C3000F.jpeg

….but I knew what I wanted. The Island Sunset!

FE81DDF5-D675-4689-92AF-C66B60D761E8.jpeg

If only I’d remembered my metal straw. Frozen drinks through paper straws are not nearly as good. (On the upside, I was not tempted to get a second! 🤣)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I believe the current menu is the same as it was in August. Not sure when (or if) skewered meats will return.

98661586-F784-4A4E-9911-08C123396881.png

The bread was warm. Woody is not a fan of the macadamia-nut butter but I like it. The dressing on the salad was light and not overpowering. The tomatoes tasted garden fresh!

EED19A26-5218-4FBA-8274-1846673D7F9C.jpeg

The honey-coriander chicken wings were a different recipe and NOT the same. :arghh: They were chewy and saucy rather than marinated and crisp. After one bite we each put ours down.

The pot stickers on the other hand were EXCELLENT. Hot inside, crispy outside, we finished them all!

7936A90A-41E8-4A7B-AD42-11091D119108.jpeg

The noodles had a peanutty flavor but could have used a little sauce. They were stiff and dry. Honestly, I’ve never forgiven ‘Ohana for getting rid of their scalloped Maui potatoes (glad I have the recipe!)

The broccolini went untouched.

Loved, loved, loved the wood-grilled chicken and perfectly-cooked beef. (We refused the shrimp and can’t comment on it.)

8DBCED45-F8F8-492F-B9F4-D9AF8C1238B0.jpeg

The chimichurri sauce was so delicious!

61D1A989-CA69-43E4-BE82-8329CEF3A517.jpeg

I even scooped some to use on my steak.

C05FDC2A-D774-491E-A437-056CE981F224.jpeg

Did we have room for bread pudding?

Barely.

But we’re glad we decided to hurt ourselves because this dessert was….
Two Thumbs Up Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

6ED7491D-5EC4-4698-AD90-0D003A32D4A8.jpeg

Woody and I left the restaurant pleased.

Very pleased.

93boomer

Premium Member
The only attraction that I had hoped to ride (figuring the park would be packed on a Saturday) was my beloved Haunted Mansion. Standby was posted at 40 minutes, but we suspected the time was inflated based on our experiences thus far.

View attachment 684998

I took the picture above while standing in full-on sun. Woody and I proceeded to wait in the sunny part of the queue for over 10 minutes and NEVER MOVED. We were melting, after already being sweaty from our BTMRR wait and subsequent walk through Frontierland to Liberty Square.

“I can’t do this,” I said to Woody.

We decided to bail. Woody opened and closed the chains for us to exit.

A cast member noticed us and thought we had a Lightning Lane pass and had gotten in the wrong line. When we told him no, he simply said, “Follow me.”

Woody and I glanced at each other. We shrugged our shoulders and followed him.

The cast member led us here. The (not so) secret servants’ entrance!

View attachment 684997

He knocked three times and the door opened. We were in! The ultimate #ShirleyStatus!!

I was excited beyond belief. A backstage entrance would be almost as good as an on-ride evacuation.

Photo credit for the next two pictures belongs to @Sillysidewalker (yes I pilfered them from your TR, Jolene!) She and her family had access here due to their private tour. Our CM shared some of the same tidbits I’d read in her report.

Circled on the right are the keys to all rooms.

Circled on the left are the bells that notify the servants that their presence is required upstairs.

View attachment 684994
(The door with the Exit sign is where we’d entered.)

This mantle clock was formerly in Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion.

View attachment 684995

And the adjacent door leads into the foyer with the fireplace and aging portrait of Master Gracey. Woody and I waited for other guests in this spot before joining them in stretching room.

Our ride continued as usual, with no disruptions by playful spooks.

View attachment 684999

What a fun surprise for our last day!
Awww love it, love it!!

93boomer

Premium Member
Saturday, con’t

View attachment 685631

View attachment 685630

View attachment 685632

I really like the digital remaster of the film and the addition of the Coco scene. What I did not like today was sitting directly behind a woman who did not have the courtesy to remove her Minnie ears!!

View attachment 685633

View attachment 685634
I Dont Know What To Say Amazon Studios GIF by Amazon Prime Video

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The dressing on the salad was light and not overpowering. The tomatoes tasted garden fresh!
I recall from past "Behind the Seeds" tours, that some of the vegetables grown at WDW, are used in the restaurants. Per you comment about the tomatoes, I was wondering if they might have come from their own hydroponic garden? Have you heard anything about this in any of your recent visits? (I haven't been there in over 4 years, so I'm not up to date on what procedures they continue to follow.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom