Everything else :)

Dusty Crophopper

Original Poster
We're headed down to WDW a little under a year from now, can't wait! Since the wife and I are two different animals when it comes to vacations, we're splitting the trip and doing four days at WDW (for me. Ha ha), but before that we're doing four days of everything else in Orlando. We want to head to either coast to hang on the beach for a day. Which coast would you guys recommend we check out for a beach day? Also, what are some fun adultish things you guys might recommend we check out before the Disney World (best) portion of the trip?

cheezbat

Depends on what you're looking for. The beaches on the west coast generally have smaller waves and warmer water...where the waves are bigger on the east coast and there are many beaches to choose from. My mfave on the east coast is Cocoa, my fave on the west is Fort Desoto in St Petersburg.

When it comes to adultish things...I think Citywalk is fun, as is Kennedy Space Center....you may be interested in checking out downtown Orlando's church street area too.

71jason

When it comes to adultish things...I think Citywalk is fun, as is Kennedy Space Center....you may be interested in checking out downtown Orlando's church street area too.

Agree with your take on the beaches and CityWalk, but unless you're still in college, Park Avenue in Winter Park is a better option than Church St.

cheezbat

Agree with your take on the beaches and CityWalk, but unless you're still in college, Park Avenue in Winter Park is a better option than Church St.

I forgot about Park Ave! It's a quaint little area with some nice shops and restaurants and a pretty good hangout.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom