Everyday Places That Remind You Of WDW

Everyday I come home and come on this website! It's all I have. I listen to my Disney soundtrack sometimes in the car. I wouldn't want to say I'm obsessed but if I can't sleep sometimes I'll pop it in and listen for a while. Disney just takes you to a different place mentally ya know?

wvdisneyfamily

Sometimes a really nice restaurant will remind me of Disney. Smells remind me of it, too. I get a sniff of Splash and Pirates every so often from the clorox they call city water in our area. However, I have to agree that NO PLACE is like WDW. Nothing beats being there. However, I am downloading GoogleEarth now to get that 3D walk through...:lookaroun

belle15

Sometimes, when I'm driving, I'll crack my windows and play the music from Soarin'. It's the closest thing to actually riding the ride. Once in a while, if I'm lucky, a car will pass at the exact time the jet goes by in the movie.

Hopefully it will only be 6 more months until I go.

echoreyn

My university reminds me of WDW because both are truly happy places for me. A few months ago, I even made a list describing the similarities between the two places, but unfortunately, I lost it.

Skipper Dan

There are so many places and things that will unexpectedly remind me of Disney, like the smell of suntan lotion, or the lake in my sister’s subdivision (which is one of the reasons they live there). But off the top of my head, I thought of the Nashville zoo.

I once had the opportunity of having lunch with the head executive, and he said that in 1999 he attended the grand opening of Asia, in Animal Kingdom, and he said that when he looked around, he thought to himself that when you were inside his zoo, he wanted you to feel as if you were in Animal Kingdom. So far, that isn’t the case - Duh! - but every now and then I’ll take my nephew, and I find myself going, “Hmm…”

coltow

I was in a Cracker Barrel restaurant yesterday and suddenly started thinking of WDW. I realized that the atmosphere of the dining room and the rocking chairs in front of the restaurant reminded me of Pioneer Hall in Fort Wilderness.

Has any place in the "real world" ever triggered a WDW flashback?
There really aren't any CB's around Boston. We first went to CB in Kississimee and everytime we do go to one we always think of WDW.

My living room is another place that is a constant reminder. My screen saver has all Disney pictures on it. I have all my Disney snowglobes, DS 1st ears and our annual family photos near Cinderella's castle in a small hutch. I also have all my Disney wedding stuff (champagne glasses, wedding Mickey Minnie plushes and salt & Pepper shakers, Cinderella and M&M wedding snowglobe) in another small hutch. We also have many Disney toys that my ikds play with on a regular basis. The baby is actually walking around with a Handy Manny doll right now.

Thiger

oh and i forgot that the toronto airport has a mini monorail!
Everytime i get in it I think about changing my ticket to orlando!
hahaha

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Ive been trying to think of something since I saw this thread and just couldnt really come up with anything, until, this morning! I walked out onto my porch and the maintenance guys are out mowing and weed wacking with their little golf carts, completely reminded me of the mornings at Coronado!

DisneySam

Not a particular place but every now and then (in the summer) I get a blast of AC and it smells/ feels like Pirates of the Caribbean or It's a Small World. I call it the "Disney Water" smell.

WISH4EE@WDW

The Villages in Sumter County Florida.

It has extreme themeing at all of their downtown areas: Spanish Springs or Sumter Landing. Each one of these downtown areas has a feel and set pieces to give it that.

Beyond that what makes it most like WDW for me is that there is outdoor music in the trees, shrubbery and rocks. It's that same quiet background music most of the time so that you barely notice it...but it's there.

Basically, everyone I know that goes there who is under the age of 60, my girlfriend and I especially call it "Disney World for Old People". It's our private little joke whenever we go down their for dancing on the square and a movie.

EPCOT Explorer

I was in a Cracker Barrel restaurant yesterday and suddenly started thinking of WDW. I realized that the atmosphere of the dining room and the rocking chairs in front of the restaurant reminded me of Pioneer Hall in Fort Wilderness.

Has any place in the "real world" ever triggered a WDW flashback?

I love Craker Barrel...but it usually reminds me of traveling in general.

Every evening I'm hearing the EPCOT fire works...

Is that enough for a reminder??? :lookaroun

Lucky...!

The "Oasis"is the outside area of the Sawgrass Mills Mall in Broward county Florida,it looks a bit like a mini Downtown Disney.

Hey!Good to see annother South Floridian!

The Oasis has that feeling and so does the main promonade of Dophin Mall,in Dade county.They have tourchs and WS-esque music playing and it sends me right back to the preshow of IllumiNations.

mrerk

Premium Member
There really aren't any CB's around Boston. We first went to CB in Kississimee and everytime we do go to one we always think of WDW.

There is a Cracker Barrell in Tewksbury that my sister goes to. I never really made the Disney connection with CB.

coltow

There is a Cracker Barrell in Tewksbury that my sister goes to. I never really made the Disney connection with CB.
My mom and I have made the trip there a few times, it takes us about 30 mns to get there. I make the connection because we used to always stay offsite and go there at least 1ce a trip.

Chape19714

Going to work normally does it for me.

:lookaroun

Chicken Tenders also remind me of WDW...or used to. Watching any film featured in GMR makes me think of it.

Cynderella

I drove my dad's work van yesterday and it was raining all day. I turned on the defroster and I thought of the musty/sweaty monorail smell. While gross it was a semi pleasant thought. :lol:

MKCP 1985

The Villages in Sumter County Florida.

It has extreme themeing at all of their downtown areas: Spanish Springs or Sumter Landing. Each one of these downtown areas has a feel and set pieces to give it that.

Beyond that what makes it most like WDW for me is that there is outdoor music in the trees, shrubbery and rocks. It's that same quiet background music most of the time so that you barely notice it...but it's there.

Basically, everyone I know that goes there who is under the age of 60, my girlfriend and I especially call it "Disney World for Old People". It's our private little joke whenever we go down their for dancing on the square and a movie.

Oh my gosh! :lol: I had no idea people under sixty were even ALLOWED to be on premises! :ROFLOL:

For anyone with access to Hollywood, there are several areas about town that should remind you of The Disney Hollywood Studios:

http://www.yesterland.com/replicas.html

http://www.yesterland.com/replicas2.html

http://www.yesterland.com/replicas3.html

http://www.yesterland.com/darkroom.html

Crossroads is my favorite, but check it out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom